PDA

View Full Version : What am I going to do now?

awren
02-23-2004, 12:21 PM
I'm so happy. After 22 years of relaxers I've decided not to relax my hair anymore. My hair is starting to thicken and grow, I have about 1-2 inches of relaxer on my hair ends so I'm roller setting my hair for now. I'm not even sure what products to use on my newly natural hair. My hair seems overly dry-is this to be expected during the transition? I know this sounds crazy- but now that I'm going natural I'm not really sure what products I should be using. I'm going to continue roller setting without heat until my hair is long enough for me to braid. Any product suggestions? I also don't like the hard crunchy feel of lotta body and other setting lotions. Help :rainfro

carlaw78
02-23-2004, 12:47 PM
We'll congrats awren :app and welcome to nappturality. There is a lot of information available at nappturality so you pciked the right place. First off u want to stay away from products with mineral oil, petrolatum & sodium laureth sulfate. They r harmful to our hair and cause dryness. Look into products like ORS ( Organic Root Stimulator). To combat that dryness find a good light oil, apply leave in everyday and deep condition every week. Your hair is going to be very sensitive to breakage where the two different textures meet, so u need to keep moisture on it. Stop combing your hair while dry also , only with conditioner in your hair while wet. When I first started to transition I used

For a light oil I used ORS Olive Cream and Hollywood Beauth Olive Cream ( I live Hollywood Beauty Better)

Conditioner- Pantene hydrating Curls

Deep Condition- ORS Hair Mayo.

Leave in- a combo of olive oil,water and Africa's Best Daily Doctor

I also lived on this website along with www.roshini.net & www.motowngrl.8m.net...they are both great and you will find lots of info on styles, products and hair regimen

Also look at the commercial hair products forum and homeade forum

Good Luck, being perm free is one of the best decisions u will probably make.....

If u need any other help u can pm me or I will respond to the forum......

ulovenae
02-24-2004, 04:44 AM
my first post was just like this one, lol. this was the best advice i got go to www.roshini.net and look at her archive files and you will learn just about everything you need to know.

uzuri
02-24-2004, 10:06 AM
Congrats on going napptural.... :app The other posters gave you good advice.... :thumbsup I just want to add that motowngirl.com too has great advice too for nappturals.... She just added a transitioning page..:thumbsup