PDA

View Full Version : A Discussion On Harmful Hair Disease

Michel Waugh
04-17-2007, 03:38 AM
Hair is one of the beautiful treasures we have. It shows the personality of a person but another truth is that various hair diseases are common these days. Everyone affected from it directly or indirectly. I want to discuss some of the different Alopecia that harms the hair. There are many hair problems which affected hair very badly, some of the alopecia is:-

1. Trichorrhexis Nodosa
2. Loose Anagen Syndrome
3. Trichotillomania
4. Alopecia areata (http://www.hairdiseases.com/diseases-that-cause-alopecia/hair-loss-cause.shtml)
5. Genetic hair disorders
Much more...

Hair problems make a person scary about his personality. He loses his confidence. This problem can be cured if you take some precautions & treatments as earlier as possible.

I will discuss about the various treatments in my next posting.

Michel Waugh
04-30-2007, 11:11 PM
Hi All, :)
In my last forum posting I have written about the various hair diseases and alopecia problems which can be dangerous for our hair. I am discussing some of treatments for the alopecia problems.

1. Trichorrhexis Nodosa-
Trichorrhexis nodosa is a main shortcoming in the hair fiber. When observed under microscope a large number of fraying and swelling nodes are manifesting in particular spots along the length of the hair fiber. Proximal trichorrhexis nodosa is the most severe and most often occurs in Afro-Caribbean people.

2. causes of sudden hair loss (http://www.hairdiseases.com/preventing-hair-loss/causes-of-hair-loss.shtml)
This is a condition that has been defined very recently and it generally affects the children. it is generally diagnosed in young children and is more likely to occur in girls than boys. The hair fibers on the scalp are generally thin, especially at the back of the scalp.

3. Causes of Trichotillomania
It is a condition in which the affected individual plucks or pulls out their own hair. Often, the pulling of scalp hair leads to bald patches.

4. Alopecia areata
This is the skin disease most often begins from childhood itself which can be psychologically devastating.

5. Telogen effluvium (http://www.hairdiseases.com/diseases-that-cause-alopecia/alopecia-cause.shtml)
A major alopecia cause Telogen effluvium (TE) is one of the most prominent alopecia causes. But it is a poorly defined condition and very little research has been done to understand this major hair disease.Telogen Effluvium is an abnormal loss of hair which is due to the alteration of the normal hair growth cycle. The alteration of the normal hair cycle can be due to various factors.

These are some common diseases which destroy the hair. If anybody has the question related to hair Please let me know.

LadyEve
04-30-2007, 11:40 PM
I was born with the condition mentioned below. My father had it and I seem to have inherited it from him. Have you ever heard of this condition or seen anyone with it? There are not many people on this forum with it, and since as a little girl I have felt so alone. I feel alone even now that I am a grown woman. When I relaxed my hair, I would try to cover my temples and could not put my hair up. Now that I am natural, it is even more noticeable and far worse. I search the web for quite a long time to find out about my conditon and finally got this information on keratin.com. I look forward to your reply.Thank you.

Congenital triangular alopecia [u]

Congenital triangular alopecia is a patch of hair loss in the temple area of the scalp found mainly in very young children anytime from birth up to 5 years of age. The affected area is probably present from birth, but because hair growth can be sparse in newborns it can be some months or even years before it becomes significantly noticeable. The affected area is often roughly triangular shaped but may be oval in some individuals. The affected skin contains mostly vellus hair follicles or no hair follicles at all.

The cause of congenital triangular alopecia is not known, but its presence is not usually associated with any adverse disease state. Affected individuals are typically entirely healthy. The suggested frequency for this condition in the general population is around 0.11% (Garciahernandez 1995). The hair loss is non-progressive and does not expand beyond these areas. It is a non-inflammatory, non-scarring form of hair loss easily confused with alopecia areata. In one report the condition was incorrectly believed by the parents to be induced by doctors inserting intravenous cannulas into scalp vessels during the neonatal period (Armstrong 1996). The condition is permanent and the affected skin does not change later in life.

There is no treatment other than to graft hair follicles to the affected area. Alternatively, if the affected area is small in size, the affected patch of skin can be surgically removed and the edges sown together.

LadyEve
05-18-2007, 10:16 PM
Well for a minute there I thought the person who started this thread was able to at least reply to my post, but as usual is the case in whenI mention my hair condiiton, some people never reply or most have never heard about it. :huh: