PDA

View Full Version : What's y'alls best & worst hair produts?

Neza
03-17-2003, 10:16 PM
This isn't really a survey, but for my own personal refrence, i'd like to know all y'alls favorite hair stuff. Don't got a favorite, tell me what not to use.

I'm still realitivly (sp?) new to this and don't know much of anything about hair care or products.

I'll start. As many of you are aware, Pantene now has a new product line for Relaxed and Natural (black) hair. In my opinion, not fact, you shouldn't really buy this unless you regularly use Pantene and you're confident in the results you got from them cause, if you look at the label, not much is different from that of their other product, save Jojoba oil and one or two other oils.

Sauve cocoanut conditioner, from what i here is supposed to be good, but i really don't think it has done much for my hair other than weigh it down. The stuff is sooooo heavy on my hair and i would be getting really bad build-up and massive itchies; and i have really thick hair so, i don't know.

i done babbling, now y'all give me some of y'alls best and worst products.
And i wanna say thanx ahead for those who contribute.

GalaxyGirl2010
03-17-2003, 10:43 PM
)i'm newly napptural too

right now i'm using suave humectant shampoo,aura cherry almond bark conditioner and aura elixir with oils and stuff mixed in.

i think becasue i'm new(and a product junkie :lol: ) i have a huge list uf stuff that i want to try:
aveda sap moss shampoo/conditioner
kms curl up line
ion reconstructor
rusk sea kelp conditioner
a bunch of phytologie stuff..
and those products told two products i wanted to try them..and they told two products i wanted to try them..and so on and so on and so on lol

krazeenapps
03-17-2003, 10:43 PM
First off, I want to shout out ORS. Don't believe the hype. A lot of people like the Hair Mayo, but that is about the only thing I would recommend of their line. I'm only using the Mayo to get rid of what I've had for months now.

On the other hand, I really like African Royale and their products, particularly the BRX Braid Spray and the Daily Doctor. Both are EXCELLENT, in my opinion.

As far as conditioners go, I've had success with all of the ones I've used, from Redken Allsoft Conditioner (not to be confused with the Heavy Cream, although Heavy Cream gets excellent reviews), to VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, to Aussie Moist, to Elucence, to Aubrey Organics GPB, to Salon Selectives Completely Drenched.

I also like Profective Healthy Ends for my ends, especially when worn in twists.

I like Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey for shine. I just recently stumbled upon Sta-Sof-Fro for my shake n' go, and I like it.

All of this is jumbled, but this thread should give you a better idea of what posters are into:
Product Staples (http://www.nappturality.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1231&highlight=review+price+prices). HTH

ETA: I can't BELIEVE I forgot Fantasia IC Gel! I LOVE that stuff. Though the hold for my puff isn't what I would like it to be, I love it for my twists.

blakstarrgoddess
03-18-2003, 12:26 AM
Worst:
For me so far........
>I'm not digging that ORS Carrot oil creme. Made hair soft the 1st time.
After that made hair hard as rock.
>ORS Hair Mayo. It has SLS in it. Used 2x. Did not like it both times of usage.

Best
Lustrasilk Tea tree Cholesterol $1.99.
Aubreys Island Naturals creme rinse.

And I have too much stuff I would like to try out too.

REGEE
03-18-2003, 12:48 AM
If only I had a program where I could talk and the computer typed...........

Anyhoo, WORST-ORS MAYO, Aveda sap moss cond., Suave Cond. (any/all), Profective Anti-Itch oil, Hollywood Carrot creme..................

I could go on, but I won't :? I've had more bad products thant good!
That is why I vowed to stop buying them and make my own-which has really been successful!

Best-Homemade CDHHB, Kemi oil Pomade, Aussi slip (moist is ok)
I'm now trying Pantene, don't know if I'll keep it (buy again)
REGEE

winnie
03-18-2003, 06:50 AM
Worst: ORS Carrot Oil Moisturizer, any dark and lovely products.

Best: Prescription Formula shampoo and conditioners, Pantene Hydrating Curls, Elasta QP mango butter, Aveda B-Curly, Aveda Humectant, Murray's pomade (for the slick, no stray hairs puff)

ThisIsKia
03-18-2003, 08:44 AM
[b]
Worst products:
Suave shampoo (pick one... can you say stripped?)
any kind of hair grease (yuck-a-roo!)
Creme of Nature Shampoo both yellow and red bottles (made hair dry and tangled)
Luster silk (sp.) Pink Oil moisturizer (too heavy/hard to distribute/greasey)
Stay Sof Fro (Dis-a-point-ment! It's like nice smelling water... all it did was make my hair wet and smell nice.)

Best products:
Suave conditioner Coconut #1 Aloe Vera # 2 (not as heavy) Chamomile #3
Pantene Hydrating Curls Shampoo (moisturizes hair & helps detangle)
Donnie's Curl Activator Softening Lotion(great for moisture/maintaining neat curls)
Glycerin (when mixed with water/conditioner in a spray bottle it softens hair/makes hair easier to comb)
Johnson & Johnson's Baby Lotion (good everyday moisturizer for the hair...hey, if it's good enough for the skin...)

HTH :)

jazzypom
03-18-2003, 10:18 AM
worst -
ORS anything!
charles worthington conditioners
keratese line - too european, good for 3a/3b hair, not for 3c and beyond.

best -
aveda humectant pomade (can't afford it again though)
Wild Growth Oil - it really works at keeping my hair soft, but the smell is kicking like the brazilian football team. My hubby cant stand it!
redken all soft conditioner (love it)
body shop amilika conditioner (its a leave in, fairly inexpensive, a little goes a long way)
Paul Mitchell's The Conditioner (i use it in the summers. gorge)
LUSH's okra conditioner - very slimey, nice high slippage

I now use a home made recipe of castor and coconut oil. Absorbs well and doesnt really smell.

Melanizm
03-18-2003, 10:33 AM
Worst:
*any kind of brown gel

Best:
* John Frieda's Texture Correcting Serum or his Frizz Ease Serum
*Infusium 23's Shampoo for Colored-Treated/Chemically Processed hair
*Dark & Lovely's Ultra Cholesterol
*Proclaim's Aloe Vera Gel
*Next Image's Avocado Oil & Shea Butter Hair Freshener

Knottygal
03-18-2003, 02:17 PM
Worst: Infusium 23 Leave In
Any type of Cholesterol Treatment

Best: Glycerin&Water in spray bottle
Sta Sof Spray diluted with equal amount of water(eliminates the stickiness and lightens the scent).

qsakira
03-18-2003, 03:53 PM
worst- any type of mousse

best-kuza's cococut oil
suave conditioners

CEE26
03-18-2003, 06:19 PM
i'm a product junkie..(can't think of everything right now)

worst...infusim leave -in..

best..... kemi oyl pomade, ors olive oil sheen spray, elucence moisture balance

KinkyChris
03-18-2003, 08:31 PM
Worst:

Hollywood Castor Oil Cream and Olive Oil Cream
Any kind of Oil Moisturizer..i.e PINK OIL, FANTASIA,etc.
Shampoos with SLS, I guess all shampoos :roll:
Any kind of wet gel.... from relaxer days..

Best:

RedKen ALL SOFT LINE- Conditioner and Heavy Cream....grreat
:D
Back to Basics Line- good for no'poo- smells great, creamy
ORS Olive Oil Cream- pricey though

Neza
03-18-2003, 09:28 PM
Wild Growth Oil - it really works at keeping my hair soft, but the smell is kicking like the brazilian football team. My hubby cant stand it!

Where did you get Wild growth oil and how much did it cost?

And does anyone know a specific store that sells glycerin?

Thanx to all who posted!!! you all are gonna make a product junkie out of me yet!!!!

jazzypom
03-18-2003, 09:34 PM
neza,
they sell it at sallys. The price is about $7.95.
you can also order it on their website www.wildgrowthoil.com

for glycerin, you can go into the baking section in your supermarket. They sell it in little bottles. Its used for making frosting in pastries.

Neza
03-18-2003, 09:38 PM
Thanx very much jazzypom. I think i'm gonna try some of that wild growth oil.

narcissaqtpie
03-18-2003, 09:45 PM
Best:
Redken Allsoft Heavy Cream :!:
Mane 'n Tail Conditioner
Shea Butter

Worst:
Anything Pantene (Always leaves my hair hard even after first use)
Anything with mineral oil in it (too waxy, leaves my hair hard)
Curl activators

Neza
03-18-2003, 09:51 PM
ok, I've got a question

Is shea butter supposed to go on the scalp, on the hair or what cause i've heard that it clogs the hair shaft like petroleum.

Oh yeah, and curl activators, what exactly do they do to the hair cause i have never used on before and i've gotten a lot of responses (good and bad) about them.

AND, does anyone have an opinion about the new Garnie Fructis product line? I'd love to heard about it.

Neza <product junkie in training :P

Amarige
03-19-2003, 01:25 AM
Best
Aveda, Aveda, Aveda! Especially Sap Moss and Brillant Humectant
Paul Mitchell the Conditioner (leave-in)
CD Mimosa Hair Honey

Worst
BBD Glass, it leaves my hair as hard as a rock. It'll stay on my worst list until it stops turning my hair into a weapon!
CD Hair Milk, save your money

elleebeme5
03-19-2003, 02:24 AM
Best? Ebene Naturals shea butter shampoo, ORS Hair Mayo conditioner, CD Healthy Hair butter, CD Mimosa Hair Honey

Worst? CD Hair balm, Pink Oil

ThisIsKia
03-19-2003, 02:54 AM
[b]Neza, I get my glycerin @ Walmart in the first aid section in a white bottle. I've also seen it at CVS in the brown bottle. HTH :)

felise
03-19-2003, 03:13 AM
Best:
-Elasta QP Mango Butter
-Isoplus' Braid, Lock and Twist spray
-ORS Twist and Lock gel
-Creme of Nature Shampoo
-Loreal Curlvive Detangling conditioner
-Fantasia IC gel

Worst:
-Suave shampoos and conditioners (too drying)
-Grease
-Pink Oil

jazzypom
03-19-2003, 08:29 AM
ok, I've got a question

Is shea butter supposed to go on the scalp, on the hair or what cause i've heard that it clogs the hair shaft like petroleum.

Oh yeah, and curl activators, what exactly do they do to the hair cause i have never used on before and i've gotten a lot of responses (good and bad) about them.

AND, does anyone have an opinion about the new Garnie Fructis product line? I'd love to heard about it.

Neza <product junkie in training :P

Neza, i havent really tried shea butter on hair, but based on the sticky consistency of it, i would advise you to melt it in some sort of oil for it to spread. To tell the truth, i would suggest an alternative of cocoa butter or even coconut oil with a little castor oil if you want that pomade pat that melts readily.

I will avoid the fructis line like the plague. It has been in europe for the past couple of years, and no one i know (3b and beyond) has actually enjoyed the experience - and this was conditioner! I think its definately for fine, thin haired, lacking volumed ppl. If you note the commericals, the models are are rarely curly. *I* did not find the conditioner very moisturizing, and in two days, the build up was awful. it seems that the conditioner has a whole load of silicones and they coat the hair shaft something awful. It was cheap, but i didn't finish it, and i wouldn't buy it again.

Curl activators are just basically glycerine and propyl glycol based. Both are humectants, both give moisture to the hair, and both are good if you are a member of the 'no oil' routine, where your hair does not asorb the oil but readily absorbs water based products with these afore mentioned ingredients. Personally, i just buy glycerine, use it with a dollop of conditioner and a hydrosol (like rose or orange flower water) and i'm good to go.

Hope this post helps

jazz

CurlsWannaHaveFun
03-19-2003, 08:06 PM
Best: Kenra moisturizing conditioner
Suave coconut conditioner
Bumble and bumble leave in
Glycerin:water spray with a few drops of jojoba

Worst: Pink oil
CD Hair balm---great smell but way too greasy
Herbal Essences conditioner---build up, hard hair
Silicone heavy products---buildup, dry hair
Oil/butter heavy products---shiny hair but buildup, eventually drying
Joico K pak---protein rich and fried my protein sensitive hair

Brit
03-19-2003, 08:23 PM
Best - SHEA BUTTER SHEA BUTTER SHEA BUTTER! Aubrey Organics GPB Or Island Naturals Conditioner, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner (for conditioning wash), Ion Effective Care Treatment Conditioner (for deep conditioning), Carol's Daughter Khoret Amen Hair Oil. And my one and only styling product GLASS.

Worst - Suave anything. Any leave-in conditioners (they always make me break out). And anything with mineral oil makes my hair unhappy.

strawwberryz
03-19-2003, 11:11 PM
Everything in this list is not absolute. They change as my hair grows and I learn/see long term effects of the products.
So far:
BEST
~ Aubrey Organics Products
~ Any coconut conditioner eg. Suave and VO5
~ Oils: Any kind of natural oils like Coconut Oil, Olive Oil etc
~ ORS Nature's Shine

WORST
~ Any kind of butters: eg. Shea as they leave flakes and smells
~ Suave shampoos: are drying
~ Any gel: as they flake too
~ Spray: can oils as they dry too
~ Braid sprays: leave residue

Neza
03-22-2003, 03:53 AM
Thanx to everyone that posted, i'm already savin up money for some of these products.

Dee Dee Russell
03-22-2003, 12:35 PM
Best- (for my 4b no poo plummy colored hair)
-Shea Butter-nice for hair mixed with oo,. etc. good for skin, too
-Extra Virgin Olive Oil-alone or mixed with conditioner/butters
-Rosemary/Lavender oils-Mother nature knows best
-Redken Allsoft Heavy Cream-top of the line deep conditioner
-VO5 Kiwi/Lime clarifying conditioner-keeps hair moist & clean
-Suave Humectant Conditioner-a super knock-off of Nextus Humectress
-Suave Coconut conditioner-mixed with oo/ro, perfect for no poo
-Coconut Oil- mixed with shea & nice, light texture alone
-Parneanuv T Tree leave in condition- good, heavy leave-in
-Let's Jam in yellow or green jars- for 2 strand twists
-LeKair colesteral conditioner, peach colored- old school stand by
-Textures and Tones hair plum and red- deep, rich permanent color
-L'Oreal Color Vive- rich, deep daily condioner for no poo's with color

Worst-
Aura Humectant gel,
Aura Leave in conditioner
ORS Hair mayo/
ORS carrot oil
Motions CPR
Infusium 666

blkrighteousspace1
03-22-2003, 01:48 PM
For my 4-something hair.....i dunno if it's A or B....depends on the moisture and humidity *shrug*

best products:

~CD MHH (love the smell...it's excellent for raking it through your twists or twist outs with your fingers)
~CD HHB (hated it at first until i figured out what to do with it....it's good when you apply to damp hair and brush through thoroughly...if you are heavy handed like me....so you won't have white hair)
~ Africa's Best Organics Carrot Oil (same consistancy as ORS Carrot Oil), but i got 3 times as much for almost half the price)....i use it the same way I use CD HHB....when i'm trying to conserve product...i use my cheap standbys
~ my own personal hair rinse (3 parts distilled water), 1 part each: Peppermint EO, rosemary EO, and tea tree EO (i was trying to get rid of them corners i had left over in the bottles...that i couldn't bear to throw away)...i was just playin around in my washroom...being a washroom chemist.
~Suave aloe vera, awaupuhi, chamomille, mountain strawberry, and ocean breeze....i like them since i'm a new-found no pooer.....and the awapuhi...i use as a leave in for my attempts @ a twist out.
~lemon juice (not citric acid in a bottle) & lemon verbana(sp?)....i was diluting it 2:1...water to oils...and using it to spray my scalp when it itches
~proclaim tea tree creme: good for controling frizz on streamlined styles....and it was a good detangler for dry hair

mediocre products.....I can live with out them

~suave shampoos: all of them stripped my hair which made the conditioners not work for me
~ginseng miracle: the product junky in me...saw them for 0.50 a piece...and i bought one of each kind....the regular, the one with the pink cap, the one with the blue cap, and the one with the green cap.....now i will say...Ginseng Miracle is alright when i'm doing a blow out...and i apply it to damp hair....but other than that....no dice.
~ carol's daughter rinse.....it's alright, but now that i'm experimenting with making my own....i'm not spending that kind of money on hers.

absolute stankonia:

~fantasia IC Instant Oil Moisturizer.....oil moisturizer = oxymoron...had an iffy smell to me....blah..blah...BLAH
~nature's gate henna shampoo & conditioner....*singin'* I'm not feelin' youuuuuuu....no matter what you do...no matter what you say....i hate it anyway.
Queen Helene's Cholesterol Conditioner: i was so suprised...because i like their skin care like...especially that mint julep mask, and the grapeseed one too
~Motions oil moisturizer...or whatever it was..i tossed it..it was that bad....it came in the pink bottle....*Antoine Merriweather voice(Men on Film)* HATED IT! *snap*

Curlysaurus
03-22-2003, 02:24 PM
best : CD MHH - Its a wonderfully smelling natural "grease" that helps me lock in moisture after I wash :P

worst: Most old timey shampoos that lather so sudsy and strip every bit of moisture from my hair. I will never go back!!

Mskey001
03-28-2003, 12:07 AM
Worst:

Brown gel
anything by ORS (overrated)
Aveda bark? (drying and overrated)

Best:
Nexxus design butter
Queen Helen Gel
Wildgrowth (very moisterizing)

I keeps it simple!

marissasensei
03-28-2003, 02:12 AM
Best
Ebene Naturals products (esp. the ACV rinse and Conditioning Herbal Rinse)
Aveda Hair Detoxifier
CD's Khoret Amen Oil
My homemade EO spritzes

Worst
Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo (evil in a bottle)
CD's "solid" hair products (HHB, MHH, etc.--overpriced, considering the ingredients)

carlasher
03-29-2003, 12:57 AM
Worst
Any gel
Pink Oil moisturizer - nasty, nasty nasty!
Any SLS shampoos
mineral oils

Best
Redken's All Soft conditioner and heavy cream
Aubrey Organics - Island Naturals Island Butter Shampoo
CDMHH
CDHHB
shea buttter
olive and jojoba oil

Storm
03-29-2003, 01:55 AM
Worst:
Black and Sassy Creamy Set - Left my hair rock hard
glycerin - Leaves my hair greasy and gross
most Aubrey Organics products - they ALWAYS left my hair feeling stripped and dry. Always took several days to get over not to mention the repulsive smell.

Best:
Bumble and Bumble Super Rich - It is the most moisturizing conditioner i have ever used, but it is way expensive so i don't buy it anymore

Tresemme Vitamin E conditioner - It is nearly as good as the B&B super rich, and much cheaper

Suave Vanilla Floral conditioner - Very good stuff and I love the smell

PM the Conditioner + PM sculpting foam - Just started using this, it is the best thing I have ever used to keep my hair soft while dry without being greasy/wet/tacky/sticky.

unrefined shea butter + virgin coconut oil - an absolute staple

ThisIsKia
06-08-2003, 05:39 AM
Salon Selectives Completely Drenched... it&#39;s thick, it detangles, it&#39;s moisturizing, and inexpensive. :thumbsup:

iyamkenya
06-08-2003, 05:56 AM
Best for my dry 4b springy s&#39;s is Dove Intense Moisture Shampoo(feels like conditioner to me :rolleyes: ),Queen Helene Cholesterol (regular conditioner and Hot Oil Treatment),makes my hair extra smooth and slippery, ORS carrot oil, the only thing that penetrates and makes my ends feel soft,and IC gel with sparkle lites, and IC Polisher(THE BOMB!!!)polisher really lets me be able to comb through my hair even after it has dried.

IrisDaVirus
06-08-2003, 07:57 AM
Best Products:

Kemi Oyl Shea Butter Pomade - WHOO! This stuff is great.
Elasta QP (or Elasta Care) Feels Like Silk Gel - This stuff is really good. However, it is a liquid gel and can be overwhelming if you overdo it. A little goes a LONG way.
Tresemme Vitamin E Moisture Rich Conditioner
Pantene Pro V Hydrating Curls
Kemi Oyl Leave-In conditioner
African Royale Daily Doctor Leave-In Conditioner

Worst Products:
RELAXERS IN ALL FORMS, WITHOUT A DOUBT!

cocoamil
06-08-2003, 10:27 AM
Worst:
Aubrey organics products give them away, dried my &#39;fro up something bad
ION products - yuck from my permie days
ORS products - price not all it&#39;s cracked up to be
Mizani products - price and some ingredients
Dudley products - double yuck

Best:
ABBA products - my &#39;fro is in love
Elucence productss - wonderful stuff
QP Elasta mango butter - just enough oil dosen&#39;t build up
QP Glaze gel - good still up in the air

So-so:
Suave coconut conditioner- my &#39;fro deals with it when it feels like it
Hollywood carrot/ olive oil - leaves a whit build up so now I use it as a pre no-poo treatment

Happy2BNappy
06-08-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Neza@Mar 17 2003, 07:16 PM
This isn&#39;t really a survey, but for my own personal refrence, i&#39;d like to know all y&#39;alls favorite hair stuff. Don&#39;t got a favorite, tell me what not to use.

I&#39;m still realitivly (sp?) new to this and don&#39;t know much of anything about hair care or products.

I&#39;ll start. As many of you are aware, Pantene now has a new product line for Relaxed and Natural (black) hair. In my opinion, not fact, you shouldn&#39;t really buy this unless you regularly use Pantene and you&#39;re confident in the results you got from them cause, if you look at the label, not much is different from that of their other product, save Jojoba oil and one or two other oils.

Sauve cocoanut conditioner, from what i here is supposed to be good, but i really don&#39;t think it has done much for my hair other than weigh it down. The stuff is sooooo heavy on my hair and i would be getting really bad build-up and massive itchies; and i have really thick hair so, i don&#39;t know.

i done babbling, now y&#39;all give me some of y&#39;alls best and worst products.
And i wanna say thanx ahead for those who contribute.
I was a Pantene girl when I was relaxed and I love their shampoos and conditioners. Now that I no poo, I use the Natural & Relaxed Pantene conditioner and love it! But I also have the Suave coconut conditioner that I like just as much.

Another of my staples now is the Generic Cream leave-in from Sally&#39;s. Makes my hair sooo soft. I just love it!

The worst product I have is the Black n Sassy creme set. Can you say, ICKY?!!

Happy2BNappy
06-08-2003, 01:08 PM
Double post.

cristalena
06-08-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by cocoamil@Jun 8 2003, 10:27 AM

wow, i can&#39;t believe ORS products are listed as "worst" so many time. i&#39;m REALLY liking the Lock and Twist Gel and i&#39;m more than halfway done with my tub. i can get it for $3.50 (compared to it&#39;s $3.99 retail price at most places) so i can&#39;t complain about that. and i still like that coconut smell.

cristalena
06-08-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by cocoamil@Jun 8 2003, 10:27 AM

wow, i can&#39;t believe ORS products are listed as "worst" so many time. i&#39;m REALLY liking the Lock and Twist Gel and i&#39;m more than halfway done with my tub. i can get it for $3.50 (compared to it&#39;s $3.99 retail price at most places) so i can&#39;t complain about that. and i still like that coconut smell.

skegee94
06-09-2003, 03:19 PM
BEST
~Elucence Moisture Balance Conditioner (finally got on the bandwagon and I love it!)
~Suave Tropical Coconut (same comment as above)
~Bumble and Bumble leave-in (the best ever)
~Aveda Elixir (I love the texture, and since I&#39;m using a lighter touch now, I don&#39;t have the foaming problem anymore)
~my own oil mix (olive, vit. e, jojoba, castor, sweet almond, plus assorted EO&#39;s)
~Aubrey Organics GPB (my hair feels instantly stronger--follow immediately with a moisturizing conditioner)
~Aura Humectant Pomade (my new favorite twist product)
~Dr. Bronners Peppermint Liquid Castile Soap (dilute! dilute! dilute! This cleans and refreshes my scalp and hair, once a month)

WORST
~twist gels (too much water; shrinks my twists down to microscopic lengths--maybe I&#39;ll go back to them when I have longer hair)
~styling gels (don&#39;t do anything for my &#39;fro)
~Sta Sof Fro (the smell and the heavy glycerin just about drove me insane)
~Back to Basics Get Curly shampoo (actually all shampoos turn my hair into concrete, but this was the last one I used, and that was four months ago)

luvnme1st
06-09-2003, 04:38 PM
Now that I no poo, I use the Natural & Relaxed Pantene conditioner and love it!

Ditto on the Pantene! My very thick mane just melts right down when I use the Pantene moisturizing conditioner! I am able to comb right through it with no problemo!

Hair fav&#39;s: Ilove IC products: moisturizing gel, polisher gel & IC Conditioner.
My hair also loves PM The Conditioner, Kemi pomade, DP moisturizing spray-keeps my hair moist all day, Salon Care gel, ORS Twist & loc, Wild Growth Oil, and a few others that I can&#39;t think of right now.

Products that my hair doesn&#39;t seem to like: Suave conditioners - They just don&#39;t do it for me. Aloe Vera gel, QP feels like silk-makes my hair crunchy, Mane & Tail Conditioner, Suave&#39;s loosely defined, CD Hair milk- gives me whitehead & doesn&#39;t appear to do a think for my hair&#39;s texture...& a host of other&#39;s. I&#39;m a P J, so I have tried several things. I wish that I could get my money back, or claim the items on my taxes. :(

bodyisatemple
06-09-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by ThisIsKia@Mar 18 2003, 09:44 AM

Donnie&#39;s Curl Activator Softening Lotion(great for moisture/maintaining neat curls)
Glycerin (when mixed with [/color]
What is the price ofr Donnies? I saw some at the hair supply (I&#39;ve become a pj wanna be since cooming to this board) the had a 2 pack for $6.99 the botlles were about 15 fl oz. The sotre only had one pack left so let me know. Also what does it smell like?

bodyisatemple
06-09-2003, 11:44 PM
Excellent:
ORS hair mayo
Perfection it&#39;s a shea butter mix not to be confused with their water based shea creme (yuck!)
Smooth n Shine curl activator gel just bought and took 3 tries before i applied it correctly.
Olive oil
Water
Dax vegetable shampoo an old favorite I recenlty rediscovered.got get some soon!
Suave salon formula sooothing :pumpheart:
Good:
ors creme i didn&#39;t like it at frist but started using it to do banto knots and was happy hair foelt soft not greasy
Ors twist and lock gel- I don&#39;t need to use anyting to make my twists stay but like adding this when i wanted more volume.
Wanakee deep conditioner- my hair says AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! (don&#39;t know who owns that company now)

Worst:
Pink Oil moistuirzer- mineral oil in a pretty pink bottle. Who are they trying to kidd? they need to call it pink oil slick.
Hollywood carrot creme- they need to call this hair whitener because that is all it does!
Dark and lovely- perm or natural my hair has never responded well to thier products. My hair finds these products unloveable!

Alken41100
06-10-2003, 02:46 PM
Best:
VO5 conditoners
Suave Humectant
The Detangler PM or Sally&#39;s verision
Aussie Slip
Aussie Moist

Worst
ORS Hair Mayo
Infusiom 23
Grease