PDA

View Full Version : Digital Art, Graphic Design, Photo Manipulation

teekydawg
02-24-2004, 09:47 PM
i've seen some really cool graphics on here. please check in and share. there was one in particular that was da bomb but her album was in the old wow....she was from nyc... any hoo.. can't remember

Please Share...I want to bite your style (hehe)... if you have any favorite techniques...share those too...Peace!

i have some in my photo album.... one day, i will become a force to be wreckoned with 8)

SavageGurl
02-24-2004, 09:59 PM
What programs are you familiar with? And what versions?

I work as an Instructor of Graphic Design, Web Design, Multimedia Design and Marketing. If you wanna know how to do anything in particular, create funky effects and stuff I can show you.

I like to create stuff from scratch in Photoshop (metal, wood, tape anything) And Im working on a training book right now for photo retouching in Photoshop CS.

teekydawg
02-24-2004, 10:24 PM
I'm using Photoshop 7.0 primarily and Illustrator but I'm not confident what-so-ever in it. I can do simple things but my illustrations have no depth in illustrator. I'm not too good with gradients and free hand drawing. I much prefer PhotoShop. If you get a chance, take a look at my stuff in my album. That could give you an idea of what I like to do.

Thanks for the reply....you have any kind of album or gallery....i would love to peep it...

peace

Soulsearch72
03-01-2004, 05:43 PM
I just upgraded to PhotoShop 6.0. I just used it to manipulate a picture. It's in my album. I need to practice more with Illustrator.

SavageGurl
03-01-2004, 07:24 PM
Do you guys work with the pen in Illustrator? Once you get that down, you will be able to draw ANYTHING...even if you cant draw on paper.

I have students that come up with amazing stuff using that tool along with the gradient mesh tool

Seoul
03-04-2004, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by SavageGurl@Mar 1 2004, 01:24 PM
Do you guys work with the pen in Illustrator? Once you get that down, you will be able to draw ANYTHING...even if you cant draw on paper.

I have students that come up with amazing stuff using that tool along with the gradient mesh tool

honeychild
03-06-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by SavageGurl@Mar 1 2004, 03:24 PM

i've been having a lot of fun lately with my little wacom tablet and illustrator OR even photoshop's pen/path tool... but gradient mesh is new to me. details, details! i'm much much more proficient & comfortable in photoshop than illustrator, and would love a tip. what the heck is gradient mesh, and how does it work?

i've done a couple of books in quark but i LOVE indesign way more. . . but don't have my own copy of the software.

uhm... what else? oh, i love flash for animation and interface design.

SavageGurl
03-07-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by honeychild+Mar 6 2004, 01:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (honeychild @ Mar 6 2004, 01:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SavageGurl@Mar 1 2004, 03:24 PM

i&#39;ve been having a lot of fun lately with my little wacom tablet and illustrator OR even photoshop&#39;s pen/path tool... but gradient mesh is new to me. details, details! i&#39;m much much more proficient & comfortable in photoshop than illustrator, and would love a tip. what the heck is gradient mesh, and how does it work?

i&#39;ve done a couple of books in quark but i LOVE indesign way more. . . but don&#39;t have my own copy of the software.

uhm... what else? oh, i love flash for animation and interface design. [/b][/quote]
Hey, check out this flash site Im working on for a friend www.s8conline.com (http://www.s8conline.com)

Click on the car, the windshield, the lights hanging from the ceiling and the rims. click a few times on them all ;)

The gradient mesh tool is really cool. You make a mesh first with the tool, you can specify how many paths horizontal and vertical you want. Then you select the individual points with the direct selection tool (the white arrow) and give the points a fill cool....really cool effects.

If you have Illustrator and want to see an example go to your C drive>Program Files>Adobe>Adobe Illustrator>Samples

Theres a file in there that comes with the program called rose.ai or flower.ai...something like that. Also the Illustrator logo has alot of meshing going on.

And I am SO with you on Indesign. I love the logical way it works...Quark is a little...um...quarky...