PDA

View Full Version : Two headed loc

CocoPuffs
02-25-2004, 12:02 AM
Hey all,

ok I was getting ready to wash my hair and I usually prior to washing feel through my head and check to make sure that the twists that still aren't budded yet are still intact and so I can get a feel of where to be extra careful.

well I was doing my feel through and I found that two of my unbudded locs has now sprouted buds however it's budded from just below the base to about the middle which leaves about 3/4 of an inch hothat is not budded and it also became unraveled I twisted the end back together but it continued to come unraveled now the bud is so "thick" that the end doesn't stay twisted and looks like the loose ends are trying yo sprout buds and on it's way to becoming a 2 headed dragon .

how can I get the ends to mesh together again?( braiding made the end too skinnny the bud in the center made that loc get really fat so the braided end is making it look kinda "funky")
Thanks in advance.

SoulStar
02-25-2004, 12:34 AM
Sis,

Sometimes imperfection in your locs add character. The stigma of perfect cylinder shaped locs is over rated. Two-head dragons merely compliment ur journey. Free Up!!!

Love and Peace

CocoPuffs
02-25-2004, 12:46 AM
thanks SoulStar!

I suppose your right I should just be glad that the last of my locs have finally budded. the perfect imperfections just adds more character to my spunky funky locs.

CocoPuffs
02-25-2004, 12:47 AM
oops double post

Sunchild
02-25-2004, 01:24 AM
I agree with Soulstar.

I have 2 or 3 twoheaded locs. I joined them by accident when I was latching. I dont plan on undoing them.

Joyfulocs
02-25-2004, 02:06 AM
Get ready for the day when you look up and you have more two-, three- and maybe four-headed locs than "singles." 8) I stopped worrying about these roots a long time ago.

blufaerie
02-25-2004, 02:21 PM
I have one but its deliberate. I joined 2 locs that were very thin (due to my hair-pulling condition...i pull out strands when Im stressed) and I joined them, but i twisted the locs together, and clipped one of my daughter's barrettes to the end, and she wears the twin barrette on one of her locs. Another that i joined way back in the day(glad I can say that :lol ) I joined and put a bead on. It never joined fully, but so what? The two headed dragons do add character and personality to the hair. :thumbsup

blumoonbabe
02-25-2004, 02:56 PM
Sounds cool to me, I'd leave it be!

Wise1
02-25-2004, 03:01 PM
I wouldn't worry. It's just growth!!! Your hair has it's own personality!!! Trying to pull or :cen cut them apart could compromise the integrity of the loc :-P :doh

CocoPuffs
02-25-2004, 05:34 PM
thank you all for your input!! I'm going to leave it alone and let it do what it wants to. 'cause hey!! that's what locings all about anyways isn't it? (total freedom from all standards of beauty)

ini
02-25-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by CocoPuffs@Feb 25 2004, 01:34 PM
that's what locings all about anyways isn't it? (total freedom from all standards of beauty)
except your own :)

CocoPuffs
02-25-2004, 05:40 PM
Yes except my own

W8N2XHL
02-25-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by afrikankween@Feb 24 2004, 08:24 PM
I agree with Soulstar.

I have 2 or 3 twoheaded locs. I joined them by accident when I was latching. I dont plan on undoing them.
Yuup. Eenie and Meenie were born on July 5, 2003, due to a latching incident--okay accident, but I'm turning that frown upside down. It/they are right at the crown of my head. It/they are my measuring guide and will be the first to be jeweled once I get into hair jewelry.

Fauryn78
02-25-2004, 06:18 PM
got quite a few of these... I just simply let them be...

kinksandcoils
02-25-2004, 06:40 PM
Yeah I have a couple in the front, that I tried to join, but the ends ended up coming undone from each other... I love them, I think they look so cool.

paulicia
02-28-2004, 01:06 AM
Naani.com made 2 headed dragons seem like the worse thing since roaches, and I almost cried when I couldn't get it to mesh together @ the ends. Now I can see how they do add character to the hair. It's just one of the examples of how I should trust the universe and respect my hair!

CocoPuffs
02-28-2004, 06:21 AM
That article on Nanni.com is exactly what prompted me to ask the question in the first place I don't go there often but I remembered the article from an earlier post here on Nappturality.com and wondered if they were really as bad as Nanni.com made them out to be (they're not!!)

but from what everyone has said they are a natural part of locing whether on accident or purposefully(<---probably not a word, but oh well!!) I&#39;m getting used to the unpredicability of locing

I am now well aware that my locs will not look like anyone elses locs they will not be perfect smooth cylinders(unless i spend alot of time grooming and "training" my locs which I have no desire to do ) and although it&#39;s ok to admire another&#39;s locs it&#39;s not ok to covet another&#39;s locs.

silkgirl2
02-28-2004, 08:31 AM
I would leave them and let them do there own thang.

YorubaQueen
02-29-2004, 03:37 AM
Peace...
Personally i combined several of my locs together because they are really thin...what i did ~if u really want them to combine~ is went to the beauty shop...got some of those little silver clippy thingies...they are little circles i guess u can call them and retwisted those locs together, clipped them and let them be...i do want mines together...so theyve been in for several months and they have almost completely loced together...i changed them after about three months...and retwisted what DIDNT loc and put more clips on them...they are cute though :lol...its my version of jewelry...

toy
02-29-2004, 02:57 PM
i refer to mine as two-tailed locs since the tops are combined but the ends aren&#39;t. at this point, i&#39;m aware of three different sets on my head, and i like feeling around for them and playing with them. i guess that article (which i haven&#39;t seen, btw) just goes to show that there is no one authority on locs.

nottyfreedom
02-29-2004, 07:50 PM
i have one in the front. and one in the back. i love them both. the two in the front have meshed into one now. a really phat one-but lovely all the same.

notty

Sunchild
02-29-2004, 07:54 PM
I saw that article and I rolled my eyes. Becaues they were acting as though her hair was unkempt and uncared for, as if pure neglect is the cause of 2 headed locs.

alma2254
02-29-2004, 07:58 PM
Just let your locs express themselves!

aquababie19
02-29-2004, 10:48 PM
i have 4 in the back. they were too small for my taste so i joined them. not an issue with me. i had to learn the hard way to appreciate them.