PDA

View Full Version : how to transition

cca930
02-25-2004, 12:23 AM
hello everyone, i am new to this forum. i'm seriosuly considering chopping off all my relaxed and growing it back naturally. i want to cut it so that all i have is just natural hair and no traces of relaxed hair. my hair is down to my neck right now and i swear it has been that length for 7 years thanks to relaxers. i have 4b hair which i believe is the most coarse hair around. if i do chop it all off and it starts to grow back, how do i go about styling it. i know when i was younger, i used to wear braids all the time. my mothers gave me a relaxer because it was so hard for her to comb and style my hair. i remember those days too , i used to cry a lot because of the pain. i want to be able to grow my hair to a really big fro and then decide what to do with it. how long do you guys think it will take to get that length if i start in April or May. thanks ladies. :rolling 8)

MILLA91471
02-25-2004, 12:38 AM
You are in the right place. First I would wait to big chop. You should maybe find a transition hair style like two strand twist , straw set, or cornrows. That way you can see how long your hair is growing. Get all of your info here, use it and apply it.

Peace in your journey

Milla91471

lsubabiedee
02-25-2004, 01:15 AM
why starting in april or may?

cca930
02-25-2004, 03:36 AM
i will start in May most likely because then i will be out of school and it's going to be much warmer. April is because that is the next time i will be going home and will be able to get some to braid my hair for me. by the way i live in a pretty cold climate. it tends to dry out people's hair a lot too. :lol

AfrikaIzin_My_Hair
02-25-2004, 03:59 AM
Welcome to NP! I suggest that if you want to BC, (which it sounds like you do), don't wait too long, because you might get frustrated dealing with the two textures of hair and cause yourself some unnecessary trouble. But, most importantly, you should focus on your hair being healthy, and not long. If you take care of your hair properly and give it what it needs, then it will grow!

naturali-t
02-25-2004, 11:59 PM
Since you will transition for a while,I would recommend moisturizing your new growth every other day. I would also recommend that you NOT comb your hair when it is dry-talk about breakage.