PDA

View Full Version : I Am About To Give Up!

mrssecret72
05-08-2007, 09:22 AM
Please some one tell me, why in the world my hair keep falling out. I am taking vitamins, I deep condition it, I protect it by tying it up at night but yet when I come it, it is snowing little black hair in my sink! I can't take this anymore I am going to be ballheaded if this keeps up. I have learned to love my hair but I don't know what to do to stop the hair loss. Please, I beg of you please tell me why my hair is falling out. I know that I don't have alopecia because I transitioned for about a year with braids and when I first started to ware my afro it was fine but then gradually it started to snow hair!!! :o I am currenlty using doogro products the oil and the lotion and I deep condition it with the organic root stimulator olive oil.

NappilyEvahAftah
05-08-2007, 09:24 AM
Please some one tell me, why in the world my hair keep falling out. I am taking vitamins, I deep condition it, I protect it by tying it up at night but yet when I come it, it is snowing little black hair in my sink! I can't take this anymore I am going to be ballheaded if this keeps up. I have learned to love my hair but I don't know what to do to stop the hair loss. Please, I beg of you please tell me why my hair is falling out. I know that I don't have alopecia because I transitioned for about a year with braids and when I first started to ware my afro it was fine but then gradually it started to snow hair!!! :o I am currenlty using doogro products the oil and the lotion and I deep condition it with the organic root stimulator olive oil.
[/b]

Girl, get to a dermatologist — soon.

mrssecret72
05-08-2007, 09:48 AM
Girl, get to a dermatologist — soon.
[/b]

You think I should, you know "we" ain't too big on going to the doctor but it looks like I will have to. I was thinking about just braiding it back up for a while let it get strong again and then see what happens. But that will probably be too late. I mean I just shake my hand in my little fro and hair comes out... strangest thing.

NappilyEvahAftah
05-08-2007, 10:03 AM
You think I should, you know "we" ain't too big on going to the doctor but it looks like I will have to. I was thinking about just braiding it back up for a while let it get strong again and then see what happens. But that will probably be too late. I mean I just shake my hand in my little fro and hair comes out... strangest thing.
[/b]

Yes, I do. Cuz there's nobody here who can give you a definate answer as to why your hair is falling out. All we can do is guess and suggest. I would not wait. Breaking hair is one thing, but hair that's coming out from the roots, is another.

mrssecret72
05-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Yes, I do. Cuz there's nobody here who can give you a definate answer as to why your hair is falling out. All we can do is guess and suggest. I would not wait. Breaking hair is one thing, but hair that's coming out from the roots, is another.
[/b]

You are right and I will do that but in the mean time, here is my theory tell me what you think... I transitioned for a long while with braids and I continued to wear braids even when all the perm was out, I just recently in this past month tried wearing my hair in its natural state. So I'm thinking maybe all of this hair is damaged due to the excessive braiding and no time for relaxing it in between that maybe all this hair is damaged and need to fall out or get cut off so that it can start fresh... just a thought what do u think. It's not falling out by the root by the way it seems like it is just breaking off... not that that is any better.

NappilyEvahAftah
05-08-2007, 10:39 AM
maybe all this hair is damaged and need to fall out or get cut off so that it can start fresh... just a thought what do u think. It's not falling out by the root by the way it seems like it is just breaking off... not that that is any better.
[/b]

Yes. Your hair may be damaged from the extension braids. So you may have to cut it down, and start over. I would avoid braids with extension hair. Sometimes the chemicals from braiding hair can cause an allergic reaction or/and breakage. Sometimes wearing extension braids increases dryness issues.

I wore extension braids, during my entire transition, with no problems. Everyone is different.

mrssecret72
05-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Yeah... I did too, wear extenstions for the entire transition and that was fine, it wasn't until I tried to go without the braids that my hair was extremely dry and it started breaking from being dry because being a newbie I didn't know how to take care of my hair so I got on this site and started doing the deep conditioning and tying it up and all that and it seemed to get better but then I braided it up and kept them for about two weeks and after I took them down then it started falling out again. Maybe it is the extension hair I am going to go with a wig for a while to see how my hair recovers but I'm nervous about the whole wig thing, I have never wore on and I just hope I don't look to artificial :blush:

Thank you so much for taking the time to talk. That is all I really needed I was just freaking out after getting ready for work this morining and seeing my hair shedding, it was pretty nerve wrecking. Thanks a bunch.

NappilyEvahAftah
05-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Yeah... I did too, wear extenstions for the entire transition and that was fine, it wasn't until I tried to go without the braids that my hair was extremely dry and it started breaking from being dry because being a newbie I didn't know how to take care of my hair so I got on this site and started doing the deep conditioning and tying it up and all that and it seemed to get better but then I braided it up and kept them for about two weeks and after I took them down then it started falling out again. Maybe it is the extension hair I am going to go with a wig for a while to see how my hair recovers but I'm nervous about the whole wig thing, I have never wore on and I just hope I don't look to artificial :blush:
Thank you so much for taking the time to talk. That is all I really needed I was just freaking out after getting ready for work this morining and seeing my hair shedding, it was pretty nerve wrecking. Thanks a bunch.
[/b]

Yep, that's what it sounds like. If you're set on wearing a wig, then that's okay too. I mean I could try to convince you to wear a twa, but everyone does not feel comfortable right away with that idea, and I can relate.

I think you can find a wig that doesn't look real "wiggy". I've seen sistas with wigs, and they looked fine.
Perhaps some other ladies will chime in with suggestions.

:wub: Hang in there!

mrssecret72
05-08-2007, 11:20 AM
I could handle a TWA it's my husband who can't handle it LOL :rolleyes:

NappilyEvahAftah
05-08-2007, 11:23 AM
I could handle a TWA it's my husband who can't handle it LOL :rolleyes:
[/b]

:lol:

theultra79
05-08-2007, 03:27 PM
I was having this problem after I was done transitioning and took down my extentions. I washed, conditioned and put in puffs and twists and my hair seemed hard and brittle. It would snap off when I combed it or just put my fingers through it.

Turned out it was the products I was using. Pantene Relaxed and Natural shampoo and condish. It contains cones, which coats the hair strand and blocks out moisture. My hair was reacting to the products. When I made the switch to more natural products my hair responded so well it was unbelievable. It was softer and a breeze to detangle. I deep condition with Suave and castor oil. Clarify once a week with water and baking soda. Style with raw shea, aloe gel, and honey. My hair is loving me now.

If you're anything like I was, maybe you need to re-evaluate the products you're using. Take away cones, mineral oil, and petroletum and see where that gets you. And try only combing and detangling when hair is soaked with cond or water.

Good luck and HTH :)

mrssecret72
05-08-2007, 03:34 PM
Thank you so much you ladies and this site has been such an blessing. I actually didn't have a routine in the beging because as I said before I didn't know what I was doing I thought I could just take the braids down and be free as a bird but obviously that was a LIE! :P . I soon realized I had to work for my hair and I do believe it is the synthetic hair that is the culprit and I am just going to keep loving on my hair with natural oils as you suggested and deep conditioning and pray that not another strand break off :unsure:. I am going to start the Hair Challenge and see where that takes me.