PDA

View Full Version : Nekkid Toes

JustKei
05-13-2007, 08:06 PM
Is there anyone who doesnt polish the toe-nails? I am a big fan of RED and dark colours on my toes but sometimes I like to go without. I remember going for a pedicure and when I didn't pic a colour the girl looked at me like I was crazy. My feet have been in shoes for God knows how long and now that it is coming on to sandals and flip-flops season I think I am going to go without polishing them....

freebuttafly
05-13-2007, 10:24 PM
i dont always use color but a top coat that prevents yellowing is a plus cause of al lthe diff pefumes n loitons u may use.... and it adds a nice shine. ^_^

Jess Tresses
05-13-2007, 10:32 PM
I find that it's easy to go without sometimes, and just having clean cut toes is enough. But I have also discovered that toe nail polish accents my tattoo. But it chips after a few days, so I don't paint them that often.

bigpuff 02
05-14-2007, 11:31 AM
someone once told me i had toenails that didn't need polish, but i've been doing it so long that they are so yellow. i'm scare to go without!

jmh0131
05-14-2007, 11:48 AM
someone once told me i had toenails that didn't need polish, but i've been doing it so long that they are so yellow. i'm scare to go without!
[/b]

You could try a little bit of bleach on a cotton ball or q-tip to remove the tint. It worked for me....my big toe was discolored from wearing dark polish so much, you may need to do it more than once.

Kinda sorta off topic...
Um...u ladies are pretty resourceful and whatnot and I've always heard that nail polish is full of carcinogens...anybody got some info on this?

I first heard this from an old man at a swimming pool and was just wondering how much damage polish could do?

jaimuziq
05-14-2007, 12:54 PM
I don't polish my toe nails or finger nails because I hate when they start chipping. :noway:

Reflection Journey
05-14-2007, 01:41 PM
I go without polishing my toenails. Very easy to go without :D .

Ms_Ebony
05-14-2007, 04:45 PM
NEVER. I think my toes look ugly without polish, chipping isn't a problem for me I use OPI so they last for a awhile without chipping.

michelle1908
05-14-2007, 05:52 PM
NEVER. I think my toes look ugly without polish, chipping isn't a problem for me I use OPI so they last for a awhile without chipping.
[/b]
I agree. Maybe in the winter if I don't have a man or anything, but I never go without polish when wearing sandals. My feet look a lot prettier with my OPI "I'm Really Not a Waitress" :) I love love love it! I think it makes my feet look more feminine too. If they begin chipping before I want to do them all over, I'll just put on a little clear polish on the spot and then paint just that spot.

Portae
05-14-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm a big fan of natural looking toes. I feel that as long as you keep your nails shaped, they'll look nice with a good buffing or a coat of clear polish.

Jess Tresses
05-14-2007, 09:47 PM
[/b]

Base coat to the rescue.

JustKei
05-15-2007, 07:12 AM
I dont use clear coat, I just buff them for a shine. They actually charge extra to do this when I get a pedicure so I bought a couple of those bars from sallys to do them myself.

NewlyNappyNelle
05-15-2007, 08:14 AM
[/b]

Amen! I got me pedi yesterday. I'll have to try that bleaching technique cuz my big toes are yellow too. :(

KB
05-15-2007, 08:31 AM
isnt bleach damaging to the skin?? :unsure:

Supersugar
05-15-2007, 08:34 AM
The first time that I wore toenail polish in YEARS was for a wedding in NJ a few weeks ago. My MIL insisted that I could not wear open-toed shoes without it, I would look strange, etc. The truth was just that she wanted to bond with me by painting each other's toes. Besides, I'm sure that "no polish" wouldn't have looked any more strange than "dark red polish with a steel blue dress." :unsure:

JustKei
05-15-2007, 09:43 AM
I dont know about using bleach anywhere near my skin. I have bought whitening packages from sallys which work pretty well. I also use hydrogen peroxide.

ms_rite
05-15-2007, 01:05 PM
You could try a little bit of bleach on a cotton ball or q-tip to remove the tint. It worked for me....my big toe was discolored from wearing dark polish so much, you may need to do it more than once.
Kinda sorta off topic...
Um...u ladies are pretty resourceful and whatnot and I've always heard that nail polish is full of carcinogens...anybody got some info on this?

I first heard this from an old man at a swimming pool and was just wondering how much damage polish could do?
[/b]
I did a search and this is what I found (http://www.coopamerica.org/pubs/realmoney/articles/cosmetics.cfm) I took this exerpt from the link.

"Another class of chemicals that’s gotten some press recently is parabens, short for “para hydroxybenzoate.” These preservatives are widely used in cosmetics, particularly nail polish. Recent studies have implicated parabens as being associated with breast cancer, though more testing is needed."

My mum stopped wearing nail vanish because it used to make her joints hurt - my cousin had a similiar problem as her fingers used to swell...my mum told her to stop using the nail polish and it stopped.

I usually wear nail polish only on my toes and only nude colours...I can't really wear anything to bright. I can't go complete nude though cos one of my little toes is a little on the dark side... :blush:

LadyBug13
05-15-2007, 01:05 PM
I normally buff my finger nails. I don't like having polish on my fingers nails. As far as toes go, sometimes I wear polish, sometimes I don't. I haven't thought to use a buffer on them. I will when I decide to take the polish off my toes. The polish on my toes usually stays on for more than a week (I apply a top coat). I haven't worn sandals out in public yet, so when my nails start to chip, I don't care.

Next time I give myself a pedi, I'll buff my nails and possibly use a clear polish.

I've thought about getting a French pedi, but I've never had my toes professionally done, and it makes me feel nervous at the thought of having someone else touching my feet for some reason.

Soul Rebel
05-15-2007, 10:11 PM
I don't polish my fingers or my toes. :dunno:
[/b]

Me either. If I think about it I'll buff my fingernails but otherwise I do nothing... (admittedly, my nails are my one "get out of jail free" feature; looks good without my having to do anythng...)

thunderstorm
05-16-2007, 06:14 AM
i never polish my fingernails and seldom polish my toenails.

i pedicure my feet by soaking them in apple cider vinegar and very warm water. i use a microfiber cloth, bath cloth, or foot scrubber to rub off the loosened up dead skin on my heels, between toes, and cuticles. then i pat dry. i buff my toenails with a chamois nail buffer by revlon. then i slather on whatever natural oil i have on hand. my toenails end up very shiny, and pinked-up from the action of buffing.

voila! perfect flip flop or sandal feet.

jmh0131
05-16-2007, 09:53 AM
I did a search and this is what I found (http://www.coopamerica.org/pubs/realmoney/articles/cosmetics.cfm) I took this exerpt from the link.
[/b]

Thanks!

Jazitones
05-16-2007, 10:30 AM
Yes I love to wear my toes nekkid. That way I don't have to worry about the color of my toes clashing with my outfit. If I do polish them then I usually get a neutral color or clear.

mslady
05-16-2007, 11:37 AM
I HAVE to wear polish on my toes. It's not a pretty sight if I have bare toes. My baby and my big toes are discolored. I love dark colors like cherry and browns but now that it's spring time I like cotton candy and neutral colors.

Laluna
05-16-2007, 04:16 PM
i love the look of clean naked toenails. it's a much fresher look, imo. i seldom use anything other than a clear coat on my fingernails either.

Ms_Ebony
05-17-2007, 02:32 AM
I've thought about getting a French pedi, but I've never had my toes professionally done, and it makes me feel nervous at the thought of having someone else touching my feet for some reason.
[/b]

I love a french finish, it's a must have along with OPI I'm Not Really A Waitress, Romeo & Joliet and Lincoln Park After Dark- I do my own french though.