PDA

View Full Version : What Conditioner Do I Use For No-poo Washing

aadongo
05-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Hello,

I want to create a natural rinse-out conditioner for my hair. Any suggestions?

nappyrina
05-18-2007, 04:57 AM
Hey Aloha...I am a bit confused about your question...do want a list of conditioners that are appropriate for co-washes or do you want to create your own conditioner? I'll be happy to assist you once I get a clear idea of what you are inquiring about.... ;)

aadongo
05-18-2007, 02:52 PM
hey,

I read this book, Going-natural: How to Fall in Love With Nappy Hair , and it said that instead of shampooing hair because it strips the hair of natural oils, some people were just using conditioners with cleaning agents because they do not take away the hair's natural moisture. I just wanted to know if there were some homemade formulas for these conditioners. I may have misinterpreted what the book said. If I have, could you tell me some good homemade shampoos? as well as good natural conditioners for afterwards.

afrobeauty77
05-21-2007, 06:04 AM
Hi and welcome to NP. :D

If you want a recipe for making your own all natural conditioner and shampoos you could try a search in this forum and I bet you will get a bunch of info. Now as far as the co-washing thing, if you want to try it on your hair and see if it agrees with your hair then you should purchase a cheap conditioner to try. Alot of ladies on this board use Suave or V05 conditioners to co-wash with and then follow up with a more moisturizing conditioner. Good luck and if you have anymore questions just ask. :)

aadongo
05-25-2007, 06:34 AM
thanks