PDA

View Full Version : Nioxin?

BZE1970
05-31-2007, 12:01 PM
<div align="left">Hi everyone,

I&#39;m new to this alopecia journey, but I&#39;ve decided to fight! I&#39;m going to get my hair back!

I went to a dermatologist, who determined that although I&#39;ve got traction alopecia, my scalp is very healthy and she can still see the follicles (I don&#39;t have smooth, shiny skin where the bald spots appear). She suggested Rogaine (at night), 1000 mcg Biotin (1 pill per day) and a prescription topical cream (in the am). I just started this regimen last week Friday.

But, my braider suggested Nioxin. I went online and found a few reviews, but I&#39;m not satisfied. It claims to have botanicals, but I saw the ingredients and was frightened away. Has anyone had any experience with this product?

Thanks in advance!</div>
KEF

Sette
06-01-2007, 07:54 AM
I have a friend who has alopecia and she swears by this product.

atxpoetess
06-02-2007, 09:48 PM
I too have a friend that has alopecia and she told me about Nioxin after I lost my hair during chemotherapy. I am not sure what her progress with it has been, but she likes it.

blackmisty63
06-03-2007, 03:30 PM
:) I don&#39;t have alopecia, but i am a sister who is losing her hair, and before I decided to go natural, the hair dresser that i was seeing recommended nioxin so I tried it. I was begining to see some improvements though slowly, but at least it was improving; then I made the decision to stop perming my hair for five months and took the brave set of cutting down to my new growth and I have been using the product ever since. I will tell you that I am seeing signs of improvements in my ball spots. :)