PDA

View Full Version : I Have To Board My Cat

carlaw78
06-01-2007, 11:07 AM
:unsure: Okay My baby Lilac...my companion....my love! i have to put her in a kennel for 6 months. :( I am in the military am I am deploying for 6 months and no ONE, I mean NO ONE wants to watch my baby for me....not even my mommy. :( Anywho the place I take her when I am out of town is great...they take her out during the day to roam the office with the staff and only keep her in the large kennel during the night. But it cost $150 a month!!! Would you do it? I have thought about giving her away, but she is SOOO precious!! I just love her, I have had her almost 2 years now

GalaxyGirl2012
06-01-2007, 01:41 PM
i'd do it... especially since i couldnt see giving up my cats for good :(

maybe you can work something out? offer to help take care of another cat once you get back and maybe task to pay $75 a month instead?

also if you are keeping your home or apartment, maybe you can pay someone like a cat sitter or a friend and family member SOMEONE YOU TRUST!! to drop by a few times a week to make sure kitty has food and water and litter. if you do this, i'd suggest getting an automatic litter cleaner because that will at least make the job seem less horrible. noone likes cleaning litter. aslo make sure you have 6 months supply of litter and food so they dont have to do anything but make sure everythings OK and the cat has food and water

you can offer to pay them a monthly price...

good luck!

carlaw78
06-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Im moving out of my apartment to save money so I will not have a place to keep her, thanks for the input!

LBellatrix
06-02-2007, 06:29 AM
Actually, $150/month sounds like a pretty good deal...especially given the way you've described it. My only concern would be that you get some kind of assurance that they'll do the right thing in case anything happens to her for which they could be held liable.

Scribetastic
06-02-2007, 06:46 AM
Wow, that would kill me.

This is what I did when I moved to Korea but I wasn't sure it would work. Now, factor in I'd not ever put my cat in a kennel.

I just got a subletter for my place and part of the deal was she&#39;d look after my place. This was San Francisco where a nice place like mine was in high demand. However, it ended up that my cat went nutso on the subletter and I flew out to bring her to Korea with me anyway <_<

But maybe subletting your place would work, if that&#39;s possible. Then just deduct a bit of money off the rent to compensate them for cat sitting. Of course, you&#39;d have to trust the person, but that&#39;s an option.

Melanizm
06-02-2007, 03:07 PM
I&#39;d do it. The place you describe seems to be nice and after 6 months, that cat will be come like their baby so your mind can rest easy that they&#39;ll treat her very well. I used to work in a kennel and any dog that stayed for a month or more became like family...$150 a month sounds reasonable to me. I wouldn&#39;t give her away unless it was to someone you really really trust...you wouldn&#39;t want her to fall into the wrong hands, you know?