PDA

View Full Version : Thongs

KB
06-03-2007, 10:18 AM
:soapbox: i have an ought against thongs.. why? BECAUSE THEY&#39;RE POINTLESS!! they were created by men (which many dont wear cuz they dont worry about "pantylines") and through wonderful marketing us woman began to believe that we need them. boo and hiss!! <_< . come on, lets be real- what woman in her right mind would come up with the thought of creating something that would be a piece of string cutting into her butt crack?!?! :huh: same applies to the painful extreme high heels some of us women wear

if you study fashion history, men has imposed fashion onto women for centuries because it looks sexually appeasing. everything from the corset, pointed shoes, stilettos (any extreme high heels), girdles, the hoops for under the dresses (to give the illusion of huge hips), etc. Yes one can add bras to that list- but many of us women need that support (thats a separate subject from this one itself anyways)

now, i aint gunna lie to kick it. when that infamous "Thong Song" by Sisqo came out, me along with millions of other young women (i&#39;m talking about junior high- high school) went out and bought thongs. iono why my fat behind did cuz thats the most uncomfortable thing to wear and when i sat down my butt cheeks went numb from it diggin into my skin :lol:. whats the big deal about having a scrap of material going up your butt crack?!?! :huh: we all know if worn too long and too often it can cause yeast infections and whatever else. but we feel that we need to wear a thong to avoid "pantylines"- but i&#39;ve seen the opposite. i can STILL see the outline of a thong through many womens clothes and with low rise pants, when the girl sits down, all of her goods is exposed- and thats not hawt nor ladylike http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/_keenab/shakehead.gif

if one REALLY wants to avoid "pantylines" i suggest one to invest into seamless panties or dont wear any underwear at all . because a thong nor a g-string cant hold anything. and to make matters worse, i was TICKED when they released pads for thongs :doh: WHAT THA HAY!?!! its silly to me to wear a thong on your cycle- but i digress

now- i can see a thong being worn for sexual purposes like lingerie and such, but on a daily basis- not hawt in my book http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/_keenab/shakehead.gif

all and all- women, do you! but i just wanted to share my thoughts on it because i think its LAME and i wanted folks to realize that its really not necessary. its just a useless scrap of material that has been marketed to us as something than can be functional and useful when its really not. oh the powers of marketing!!! :Angry:

</vent></soapbox>

whats your thoughts and take on it?! ^_^

bajanempress
06-03-2007, 10:22 AM
or go cammando *runs*

Jazitones
06-03-2007, 10:36 AM
:clap: :clap: Yes I&#39;m all for getting rid of thongs. I can&#39;t stand the ideal of having something stuck in my crack. That is just so uncomfortable. One of girlfriend told me that you can get use to it. I was :shocker: because I can never get use to having something stuck up there all day. I would have a desire to pick in my behind all day and that would be so disgusting for people to see me digging in my behind all day. :lol:

KB
06-03-2007, 10:50 AM
or go cammando *runs*
[/b]

:yes: just like i stated...

:clap: :clap: Yes I&#39;m all for getting rid of thongs. I can&#39;t stand the ideal of having something stuck in my crack. That is just so uncomfortable. One of girlfriend told me that you can get use to it. I was :shocker: because I can never get use to having something stuck up there all day. I would have a desire to pick in my behind all day and that would be so disgusting for people to see me digging in my behind all day. :lol:
[/b]

THANK YOU!!! whats so hawt about having a permanent wedgie (sp?) throughout day!??! thats NOT the biz!!! :Angry:

thats a sin in the Book of KeenaButtaH chapter 9 verse 31 :lol:

rastagalNJ
06-03-2007, 12:08 PM
agreed!!! I own a few only because I allowed a friend to convince me that "you&#39;ll get use to them" only to NEVER get use to them. I love seamless panties by Hanes!!!! They are super comfy and no panty lines.

bajanempress
06-03-2007, 12:17 PM
I gotta say though I do wear a lot of thongs. I alternate between that and commando sorry if that&#39;s TMI. I only wear full coverage undies if I&#39;m having a particularly heavy period.

I&#39;ve been wearing thongs for almost 10 years now so I guess I&#39;m used to them.

ms_rite
06-03-2007, 01:01 PM
[/b]
I got rid of most of mine already...I went through this phase of buying them...wanting the seamless look etc. But I dont like how they feel they are not healthy for the noot or the anus....so why wear em.

I do however have a few choice pairs of lacy ones, that I wear infrequently and are not quite a string in the butt but quite a wide bit of material. Going commando is definitely an option, I&#39;ve done it before.... ^_^

Overall, I&#39;m with you on this Buttah, I do wear heals, not killer ones. I do expect my SO to understand and appreciate what I&#39;m about. I dont believe in punishing myself to look attract to the opposite (thats why I stopped relaxing.... ;) )

puchi
06-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Im a weirdo...I like em...lol. I guess I wear then b/c I dont want pantylines to show... or something a little "extra"...lol

They aint that bad...

divaemeritus
06-04-2007, 05:11 AM
I was so happy when lacy/smooth edged boy shorts came out... they completely eliminated my need for thongs.

Karibana
06-04-2007, 08:13 AM
I do wear them because I bought a few for my skirts and form fitting pants but as soon as get home they come off. Never liked having my panties up my bum and thongs just remind me of that no matter how thin the strap. I bought a set of microfiber brazilians similar to these (http://www.lasenza.com/eng/categorysearch/redirect.cfm?sectionID=b2c/style/productDetails.cfm&itemID=125801-013&var=d&itemCategoryLevel1=101) and they work wonderfylly. Mind you they still ride up my curves but they do as goo a job as thongs.

Mae
06-04-2007, 09:16 AM
I am gradually phasing thongs out of my underwear drawer, and seamless panties in...warning though, the VS seamless panties I bought unraveled at the "seam"..the ones I bought at JC Penneys are lasting much better, and they were cheaper...

NappyChile
06-04-2007, 09:33 AM
:soapbox: i have an ought against thongs.. why? BECAUSE THEY&#39;RE POINTLESS!! they were created by men (which many dont wear cuz they dont worry about "pantylines") and through wonderful marketing us woman began to believe that we need them. boo and hiss!! <_< . come on, lets be real- what woman in her right mind would come up with the thought of creating something that would be a piece of string cutting into her butt crack?!?! :huh: same applies to the painful extreme high heels some of us women wear

if you study fashion history, men has imposed fashion onto women for centuries because it looks sexually appeasing. everything from the corset, pointed shoes, stilettos (any extreme high heels), girdles, the hoops for under the dresses (to give the illusion of huge hips), etc. Yes one can add bras to that list- but many of us women need that support (thats a separate subject from this one itself anyways)

now, i aint gunna lie to kick it. when that infamous "Thong Song" by Sisqo came out, me along with millions of other young women (i&#39;m talking about junior high- high school) went out and bought thongs. iono why my fat behind did cuz thats the most uncomfortable thing to wear and when i sat down my butt cheeks went numb from it diggin into my skin :lol:. whats the big deal about having a scrap of material going up your butt crack?!?! :huh: we all know if worn too long and too often it can cause yeast infections and whatever else. but we feel that we need to wear a thong to avoid "pantylines"- but i&#39;ve seen the opposite. i can STILL see the outline of a thong through many womens clothes and with low rise pants, when the girl sits down, all of her goods is exposed- and thats not hawt nor ladylike http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/_keenab/shakehead.gif

if one REALLY wants to avoid "pantylines" i suggest one to invest into seamless panties or dont wear any underwear at all . because a thong nor a g-string cant hold anything. and to make matters worse, i was TICKED when they released pads for thongs :doh: WHAT THA HAY!?!! its silly to me to wear a thong on your cycle- but i digress

now- i can see a thong being worn for sexual purposes like lingerie and such, but on a daily basis- not hawt in my book http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/_keenab/shakehead.gif

all and all- women, do you! but i just wanted to share my thoughts on it because i think its LAME and i wanted folks to realize that its really not necessary. its just a useless scrap of material that has been marketed to us as something than can be functional and useful when its really not. oh the powers of marketing!!! :Angry:

</vent></soapbox>

whats your thoughts and take on it?! ^_^
[/b]

<div align="center">ITA :blush: ...... Red Thong Toss In Da Trash .... Hubby Catching Them ..... :wub: </div>

BlackPearls
06-04-2007, 09:45 AM
I hear ya! I go for seamless or boy shorts! I can&#39;t take that "stringy induced wedgie" feelin... :unsure: <_<

frumny2nc
06-04-2007, 12:47 PM
I love some lace boy shorts...but I luvs me some thongs too. Guess I&#39;m weird too. Maybe there&#39;s a little freak in me after all, hehe. But currently I do own more boy shorts(I hate that name) than thongs. But as big as my behind is, it&#39;s harder to find and fit underwear AROUND it,lol.

NappyMiami
06-04-2007, 12:56 PM
ITA. I hate them, but I will wear them on occasion for "special moments" winks :P . But I never liked them. they just feel weird. I had this one pair that seemed comfortable at first but at the end of the day, my bum was hurting.....ouch!

tiwalker
06-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Okay, I thought I was the only one that utterly despised thongs with a passion!!!! :lol: The few times I have tried to wear them, I was uncomfortable all day and mad because I was uncomfortable! I&#39;m with Butah, there is nothing nice about a piece of material being stuck up your butt all day in the name of shielding panty lines! I think it is just as tacky when I see women with low rise pants on and the top of their thong is sitting above the top of the pants--Not cute! I&#39;ll stick to only wearing a thong for my DH for no more than 15 minutes (sorry if TMI) and opting for boy shorts or the seamless Hanes!

gigglezk
06-04-2007, 01:03 PM
I only wear thongs when I&#39;m being sexy for my husband. But since they are only on for all of five minutes, I can&#39;t really say I&#39;m a thong wearer. Give me some granny panties or boyshorts any day.

EmpressRi
06-04-2007, 03:10 PM
lmao @ buttah!!!!! i have them, dont know how the heck i got them, cause i dont remember buying most of them, but i only wear them when the panty stash is getting low :lol:

BUT NOW that the other half introduced me to the wonders of buying hanes panties at target ill never wear a thong againnnnnnnnnn!!! (say to the tune of "ill never teeeelll)

seamless panties are the cat&#39;s meow. i pick those ANY day! imagine me trying to dance to house music and i dip on the floor while wearing a thong. no thank you! hell, id rather no panties but :rolleyes:

KB
06-04-2007, 03:15 PM
but i only wear them when the panty stash is getting low :lol:
[/b]

HA! i used to do that- but then i just came to my senses of why not just buy more than enough regular undies to make up for the lost and not suffer with so called undies called "thongs" :rolleyes: :lol:

i&#39;m glad that i&#39;m not the only one who has a thing against thongs- i was almost scared to make this thread! :blush:

EmpressRi
06-04-2007, 03:30 PM
HA! i used to do that- but then i just came to my senses of why not just buy more than enough regular undies to make up for the lost and not suffer with so called undies called "thongs" :rolleyes: :lol:

i&#39;m glad that i&#39;m not the only one who has a thing against thongs- i was almost scared to make this thread! :blush:
[/b]

oddly enough, let me tell you how i would buy every freaking thing else what i REALLY needed, like tons of socks and panties, but i always did laundry so it didnt phase me. but like i said, ive found taaaarget! i bought socks and panties and those little camisoles you can wear under stuff :)

sidenote IM GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLDDDDDDDD!!!! :lol: I just noticed it yeaah baby!

Peaches
06-04-2007, 05:20 PM
[/b]
:pointlaugh: :pointlaugh: :lol: :lol:

I like hanes hi cuts. They&#39;re comfy and sexy.

napturallyme
06-04-2007, 05:47 PM
I really don&#39;t like thongs. People keep saying oh you can get use to them. I wear them if I have on a dress with no nylons or white pants now, but really they still annoy me. I prefer boy shorts. Wearing thongs all the time just doesn&#39;t seem healthy to me either.

I also will be glad when showing a thong is not popular.

Karibana
06-04-2007, 05:56 PM
I only wear thongs when I&#39;m being sexy for my husband. But since they are only on for all of five minutes, I can&#39;t really say I&#39;m a thong wearer. Give me some granny panties or boyshorts any day.
[/b]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hopieg
06-04-2007, 07:55 PM
I HATE thongs!!

Buttah you talking about big girls having problems wearing them, what about skinny girls with no booty!! The string would not stay and would ride up when I sat!

Talking about visiting Infection city!

It is only seemless and cotton hipster Hanes for me...

swingbolder
06-04-2007, 08:13 PM
I&#39;m no fan of the "butt floss" either.

I do keep a coupla pairs on hand though for the rare occasion that I&#39;m wearing something clingy.

KB
06-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Buttah you talking about big girls having problems wearing them, what about skinny girls with no booty!! The string would not stay and would ride up when I sat!
[/b]

:lol: i wouldnt have ever known cuz i cant relate- but i&#39;m glad to know now! i guess we ALL suffer! lol

snellie
06-04-2007, 09:47 PM
I hear ya! I go for seamless or boy shorts! I can&#39;t take that "stringy induced wedgie" feelin... :unsure: <_<
[/b]

Boy Shorts?! Oooo weee! Those things are uncomfortable. Everytime I wear a pair, I&#39;m pickin and pullin alllllll day! :unsure:

However, I found that thongs (cotton only! of the non-string variety) are plenty comfy if you go up a size (or two!) from your actual underwear size. ^_^

LadyBug13
06-05-2007, 10:54 AM
^^^^The boy shorts I have from Victoria&#39;s Secret have me pulling material out my booty crack all day. I prefer hiphuggers and hipsters that VC makes. Full coverage and cute.

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/images/tmblg/V262099.jpg
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/images/tmblg/V261741.jpg

Supersugar
06-05-2007, 11:00 AM
When I think of boy shorts, I think of these:

http://www.americanapparel.net/morephotos/8301/8301_07.jpg

Yowch! Paying a visit to the San Andreas Crack, were we? Too bad, they&#39;re awfully cute and probably going on sale.

Proverbs31Woman
06-05-2007, 11:39 AM
I used to own them. I no longer wear them. I think its a matter of "being allowed" to wear them. I was 18, 19 and 20 when I wore them. Now I like seamless panties and boyshorts.

I plan to try some Spanx sometime soon.

NappyNesta
06-05-2007, 11:48 AM
ITA. I hate them, but I will wear them on occasion for "special moments" winks :P . But I never liked them. they just feel weird. I had this one pair that seemed comfortable at first but at the end of the day, my bum was hurting.....ouch!
[/b]

Yeah, I&#39;ve recently found out that some guys love thongs. So, I keep a couple on hand for those special occasions. But, not to just wear as regular underwear.

freelocks
06-05-2007, 03:18 PM
I don&#39;t care for those things. I have about 4 in my drawer but have no desire to put them on . They are too uncomfortable. I like to be comfortable. I have on a pair of boyshorts right now from H&M. They are just right. I need to get more of them.

truthfunk
07-27-2013, 03:09 PM
deleted post

Cutie McPretty
07-27-2013, 03:32 PM
**Reported**