PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else use Castor oil?

Hedasa03
03-19-2003, 06:43 AM
I havent used any on my head but I have used it on my daughter . It seems to work and my grandma swears by it. I was just asking Im thinking about using some on my scalp and hair.

interplanetjanet
03-19-2003, 02:08 PM
I have just started to use some myself but I mix it because it is too heavy. My hairstylist swears by it and she says that when you put it in your hair you are supose to massage the scalp to stimulate it. Try that and see if it works.

good luck!

VinnyB
03-19-2003, 04:52 PM
I tried it for a while whilst in transition but found it too thick & heavy. Perhaps when my hair is longer...?

jazzypom
03-19-2003, 07:29 PM
i use it *waving* i mix it with conditioner and apply to my hair as a leave in, or mix it with coconut oil. It is really very good.

ashrob123
03-19-2003, 09:58 PM
My stylist used it once and it broke me forehead out something awful and within 3 days my head was itching so bad that I had to wash my hair to make it stop. It is comeogenic (clogs pores) just like Olive oil.

Miss Phatty
03-20-2003, 03:53 PM
I use it as a deep conditioning treatment. I wash and condition my hair like normal. Then when my hair is very damp, I part my hair and apply it liberally, making sure it gets all over. Then I put a black plastic bag on my head and go under a hood dryer for about 25 minutes to let it steam. I then go back in the shower and do a cool rinse. You may want to rinse with warmer water to get more of it out, because it can sometimes be heavy. It made my hair feel really soft and moisturized.

dembasamba
03-25-2003, 05:13 AM
I use it on damp hair with a plastic cap. It leaves hair soft and seems to work fine. I bought a whole lot of castor oil for other reasons and needed to use it up, so on my hair it goes. Sometimes I mix it with conditioners or add it to my experimental concoctions.

TakomaQT
03-26-2003, 02:46 PM
My hair and skin loves castor oil. I regularly use Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil Hair treatment all over my body and in my hair. These are the ingredients and for $2.99 for a 7.5 oz jar it can't be beat: Castor Oil, Mink Oil, Almond Oil, Tocopheral Acetate (vitamine E oil), Jojoba Oil, Mineral Oil, Jafflower Oil, Lanolin, Cocoa Butter, Prophyl Paraben Fragrence.

candigirl
03-27-2003, 06:18 PM
I love castor oil, I use it for everything, I mix it in with my conditioner and do a deep conditioner, I mix it with shea butter and a few essential oils for dry skin in the winter, I add it to bath water, and I'm sure there are a lot more ways to use it. It is very heavy though, and you will definitely need to mix it with something else.

Meditating_Coils
03-28-2003, 10:25 PM
where can i purchase castor oil?

Hedasa03
03-29-2003, 07:28 AM
At a drugstore or Pharmacy. . . . .Like walgreens or rite aid. You could just ask for it if you can't find it. It's mostly used as a laxative in that helps any.

sugarNfeist
04-02-2003, 03:37 AM
Does Castor oil do anything for shine? Or is it better for hair softness only? I'm making a butter recipe I can't decide between olive oil and castor oil. I want both shine and softness. But I don't know which to go with? :?

jazzypom
04-02-2003, 06:58 AM
castor oil does help with shine *and* softness. I think it also absorbs into hair (from my observations) faster than olive oil.

ByHis Grace
04-06-2003, 12:03 AM
I Luv castoroil , it is heavy and helps to hang out the curls

I keep it in a pump bottle { :idea: } on my sink along with my numerous other pump bottles of stuff

I get it at a better (cheaper) price at the local Indian Grocery store

Meditating_Coils
04-09-2003, 10:36 PM
At a drugstore or Pharmacy. . . . .Like walgreens or rite aid. You could just ask for it if you can't find it. It's mostly used as a laxative in that helps any.

I found it at CVS pharmacy. Thanks very much:)