PDA

View Full Version : I need a good detangling conditioner

bornjamarican
03-19-2003, 08:31 AM
Hi,
I am in search of a good detangling conditioner that I can use everyday. Any suggestions??

Also when you detangle you hair , do you use a comb or a detangling brush.

Thanks in Advance,
bornjamarican

ThisIsKia
03-19-2003, 09:22 AM
[b] I suggest using Pantene Hydrating Curls conditioner. I use a rather large wide toothed comb to detangle. When you wash your hair, it helps to seperate it into parts and wash them seperately for fewer tangles. Next condition these sections and detangle them while the hair is wet with conditioner on it. HTH :)

nikkij
03-19-2003, 07:22 PM
pantene hydrating curls is really good for detangling. i also like lustrasilk cholesterol creme conditioner with aloe vera. i detangle my hair in sections while i have the conditioner on with a brush (paddle brush/vent brush)

felise
03-21-2003, 02:53 PM
I like Pantene and Loreal CurlVive Detangling conditioner. I use a wide tooth comb.

SheShe
03-21-2003, 03:07 PM
Lustrasilk tea tree is a good one too.

Curlysaurus
04-04-2003, 05:17 AM
Good detanglers I've used in the past:

Aveda Sap Moss Conditioner
Sebastian Laminates Moisturizing Conditioner(contains mineral oil but I think it works well though 'cause it's rinsed out - no leave in)
Paul Mitchell The Detangler has carrot oil

Right now I'm using Elucence + Aubrey Natural Islands Creme Rinse afterwards and I'm loving it! I've stopped my conditioner search!!!

I consider myself 4a(when hair is shorter)/3c (when longer).

blakgirl
04-04-2003, 06:17 AM
i use Aura Cherry Bark Conditioner and Pantene Sheer Volume Conditioner. i do a little finger combing, a detangler comb, and/or a brush, depending on my mood and how much time i have.

blak.

CurlsWannaHaveFun
04-04-2003, 06:10 PM
I love Kenra moisturizing---great detangler, good moisture, nice scent.

I finger comb daily when wet and use a wide tooth comb or Denman brush every 1-2 weeks, usu when I deep condition.

HTH

tracyannette
04-04-2003, 06:20 PM
Good detanglers I've used in the past:

Sebastian Laminates Moisturizing Conditioner(contains mineral oil but I think it works well though 'cause it's rinsed out - no leave in)

I agree, it is costly, but one of the best I have used.

Tracy

Amarige
04-04-2003, 09:46 PM
Paul Mitchell the Detangler

Etcetera
04-05-2003, 05:20 AM
Aussie's Slip works wonders in detangling my hair. Paul Mitchell's The Detangler does as well. I have some Pantene Hydrating Curls Conditioner sitting in my cabinet. I'll try it and see how it works for detangling.

EarthTones
04-05-2003, 04:53 PM
Elucence is, by far, the best detangler I have used. You really get more for your buck, it smells great, is a wonderful moisturizer, a good deep conditioner, and detangles so well I NEVER have any snags when I comb. I use Elucence for my conditioner wash and as a leave in daily. I finish with their Volume Designing Foam...which gives great definition if I want to go curly or gives great sheen if I want to go curly or with a fro...either way it's not too crunchy...I have digressed...sowwy!...

I have a super-wide tooth comb that I use with the Elucence...great combo!

Milcah
04-05-2003, 05:05 PM
Aubrey GPB is VERY GOOD, so is the Aussie Slip Detangler....BUT, I'm on my way to the Pleasant Image site to Order some Elucence

bornjamarican
04-06-2003, 06:14 PM
Hmmmm,
The Sabastian's Laminates Conditioner sounds good. Could someone describe the consistency of it? And can you use it everyday?

Thanks,
Bornjamarican

Curlysaurus
04-06-2003, 07:07 PM
Hmmmm,
The Sabastian's Laminates Conditioner sounds good. Could someone describe the consistency of it? And can you use it everyday?

Thanks,
Bornjamarican

I would say it's medium consistency(?), not runny but not too thick either. The last bottle I got was from Trade Secret. It was $12.50 for 8.5 oz but I don't think you need to use that much at a time. Under "Conditioner," it says "Moisturizing Polish."

Hmm, I remember getting small samples from someplace before I purchased so you might want to try that first in case it doesn't work for you. (Maybe a search on the web?) I've never used it everyday because it was more of an emergency detangler for me (like once a week or as needed).

HTH

bigpuff 02
04-07-2003, 08:03 PM
I have been using infusium 23 in the shower everyday with very good results.

bp 02

Storm
04-08-2003, 01:36 AM
Bumble and Bumble Super Rich

BlackOnyx03
04-08-2003, 04:44 AM
Aussie Slip (WalMart, CVS, etc.)

Wide-toothed comb (Sally's)

sia01
04-08-2003, 07:31 AM
I highly recommend Aussie Slip Detangler.

When I needed one, it always came through for me.

cocoamil
04-14-2003, 07:54 PM
I use Boilage Detangler, it get's the job done. I have other products on the way but this stuff is a keeper for me, it seems to never fail even when I'm washing my hair after a twistout. I also use Kenra conditioner, but not use it to detangle, but it's a wonderful heavy moisturizer for my daily rinses over here in Saudi Arabia where it's so dry...