PDA

View Full Version : Braidlocs Or Comb Coils?

dade305izdatdeal
06-20-2007, 10:32 PM
i'm askin this because i 'd like to know which one will eventually lock faster and bein that i'm gonna need to wash my hair often. my hair is 3 inches long, it's thick, and it has a texture right smack in between soft/curly n coarse/nappy. it mean it's not the kind of hair that'll unravel outta coils or "unbraid" itself. of course i'm not lookin for an approximate answer, just like a range...minimum probably to the maximum. thanx a lot.

puchi
06-20-2007, 11:38 PM
well i think the best method for you (since you state that you need to wash your hair often) are braidlocs. as in terms of locking faster...i think it depends on your texture...which you state is a mix of soft and coarse so i think it will take about a year before you loc.

comb coils have greater tendency to unravel, IMO. however if you have really curly hair braidlocks can unravel too.

so my vote is for braidlocs!

ms_rite
06-21-2007, 03:03 AM
I would vote for coils - only because I started with coils but then joined some and redid a few with two strand twists and the twist pattern is getting on my nerves... <_< But if you have the type of hair that will unravel twists or braids would be easier to handle, especially if you like to wash your hair regularly.

Tiye
06-21-2007, 05:16 AM
i&#39;m askin this because i &#39;d like to know which one will eventually lock faster and bein that i&#39;m gonna need to wash my hair often. my hair is 3 inches long, it&#39;s thick, and it has a texture right smack in between soft/curly n coarse/nappy. it mean it&#39;s not the kind of hair that&#39;ll unravel outta coils or "unbraid" itself. of course i&#39;m not lookin for an approximate answer, just like a range...minimum probably to the maximum. thanx a lot.
[/b]

I vote for braids.

Coils will lock faster.

But braids can be washed as often as you like - and are overall easier to maintain for the first few years.

PREACHERLADY27
06-21-2007, 10:18 AM
hi,

if you want to wash immediately, i would go with braids. I honestly think that coils lock faster. I started with braids, kept them in for four months, at the end of 4 months they still looked like braids and were easy to remove. I have also had coils. I took them out at the end of month 4 also. They were a little more difficult to remove, and they had began to bud. I had this present set started with 2 strands :wub: They were budding by the 4th month, impossible to simply "take down"by the 6th month, and I am presently in my 11 month. My locks are very firm, i have about 5 with visible twist pattern and about 85% have sealed ends. I have conditioned them since month 6 and they stood up to the conditioner test. I started with about 3-4 inches of "not so soft, but not so coarse hair. It was so straight in the top/front that the loctitian kept asking me if I had used a blowout kit. I don&#39;t even know what that is. I know everyone locks at a different rate, but this was my experience, HTH.

Hadasah
06-21-2007, 10:26 AM
It depends. Coils take the most work if you want manicured locks.

Daughter-of-Diaspora
06-21-2007, 10:29 AM
I vote for braids.

Coils will lock faster.

But braids can be washed as often as you like - and are overall easier to maintain for the first few years.
[/b]
ITA^^

dade305izdatdeal
06-21-2007, 02:55 PM
alright yall, thanx a lot. looks like i&#39;ma go with the braids.