PDA

View Full Version : Who here is in graduate school?

Sunchild
03-01-2004, 12:48 AM
What degree are you currently pursuing?
What topics are you currently researching?
Any thesis or dissertation plans?

I am currently working on a Masers in Applied Social Science in African American history.

I am currently researching:

My family lineage
Black female labor during reconstruction in North Florida during the years of 1860-1875
I am also working on a team that is compiling educational statistics for African American students in South Carolina from 1990-2000.

I havent decided what I am going to do for my thesis as of yet. :smug

just being me
03-01-2004, 12:52 AM
Masters of Science in Education - Higher Education

No thesis but I did 2 internships.

I graduate in May!! YAY!!! :app

Tori
03-01-2004, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by afrikankween@Feb 29 2004, 06:48 PM
A. Ph.D. in Clinical Psych, 1st year, 2nd semester

B. Topics I'm researching:
1. body dysmorphia in males (class paper),
2. community oriented policing and partnering with children (on campus job),
3. sexual masochism as an escape from the self: are sexual masochists more self-conscious and self-aware? (just for fun and to get published)

C. Thesis/Dissertation:
1. Racism as it is measured through Implicit Attitudes Measures, Stroop, White Racial Identity Development
2. Documentary on the process of developing an anti-racist awareness

ETA: congrats "james brown" (just being me)!!! :d)

CocoaButterflyy
03-01-2004, 03:05 AM
M.S. Public Relations

Interpersonal Communication in Alumni and University Relations
Intercultural/Two Way Symmetrical Communication in Museum Development

No thesis for this degree because I'm on a career track as opposed to Thesis Track... so I'll be taking a Capstone exam and doing an Internship to complete my degree

AgentDime
03-01-2004, 05:02 AM

I am currently working on a Masers in Applied Social Science in African American history.

My family lineage
Black female labor during reconstruction in North Florida during the years of 1860-1875
I am also working on a team that is compiling educational statistics for African American students in South Carolina from 1990-2000.

I will begin in the Fall. I got one acceptance letter this week and waiting on the 3 other schools I applied to.
The program is in Speech Language Pathology.
Thanks for the advice you listed in the other topic about paying for grad school.
:rainfro

divajag
03-01-2004, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by afrikankween@Feb 29 2004, 08:48 PM

Masters of Science in Engineering in Computer Science (really :lol )

My interests are in computer networks and computer security and any and all combinations thereof. :)

No thesis is required for my masters, but I am working on a project this semester for my Advanced Networks class about a network of mail servers that detect and eliminate viruses and worms based on traffic patterns and content.

Jamilla
03-01-2004, 10:13 PM
I am currently in round 2 of grad school.

In 2002, I completed my MA in Clinical Psychology. I wrote my thesis on the affect of cause of single motherhood (divorce vs. choice) on psychosocial outcomes of adolescent girls. It was theoretical as opposed to empirical (wasn't trying to mess with the IRB).

Now I am in my first year of doctoral studies. I am pursuing my PsyD in School Psychology. No research involved (unless you choose to). I am currently doing my practicum in a local school district. I will also start work this week in an early prevention program working in preschools. I'm mulling over a few topics for dissertation, but I still have time before I have to start on that.

nappineo
03-01-2004, 10:30 PM
Masters of Arts in Human Relations with an emphasis in Sport Administration.

I also graduate in May! Yay for me too!!!

The program that I am in gives both a thesis and non-thesis option. I opted for the thesis option because of this great internship I have here in the university's athletic department and I only have to take tests at the end of the semester...that's much better for me.

I don't know if you all wanted to know all of that, but now you do.

Good luck with your thesis...sounds like it would be very interesting!

ChandraNH
03-01-2004, 11:08 PM
In July (if we don't move to New Zealand for my husband's job) I will start the Masters of Science in International Business program. As much as I want the degree, I want the move to NZ even more.

HuGrad2002
03-01-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by afrikankween@Feb 29 2004, 07:48 PM

I am getting my masters in music theory, 2nd year, 2nd semester (almost done!)

I am currently writing my thesis

The topic that I am researching is how Schoenberg's Grundgestalt (basic shape) theory can be applied to Brahms works.

bajanempress
03-01-2004, 11:21 PM
I'm pursuing my Masters in Petroleum Geology. I started last fall and I'm still trying to wrangle my data set from an oil co.

I am currently taking a boatload of coursework and my part time job is as a research asst where I am working on a project to get new oil out of old fields.

My thesis hopefully, will be researching the seafloor bathymetry and tertiary evolution of the Caribbean plate- it will focus on the Southern Caribbean.

Sunchild
03-01-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by bajanempress@Mar 1 2004, 07:21 PM
I'm pursuing my Masters in Petroleum Geology. I started last fall and I'm still trying to wrangle my data set from an oil co.

I am currently taking a boatload of coursework and my part time job is as a research asst where I am working on a project to get new oil out of old fields.

My thesis hopefully, will be researching the seafloor bathymetry and tertiary evolution of the Caribbean plate- it will focus on the Southern Caribbean.
WOW

:huh

Lagina
03-02-2004, 03:29 AM
MBA

Since I'm at an online school, They have this new test called Certified Master of Business Administration (CMBA) it is suppose to set the students with an MBA from Harvard on the same level (merit wise) with those folks who got there degree from a regular school (like me).

Any thesis or dissertation plans
No I just have to take some test and do a seminar thingy.

There are some intresting degree programs out there!! :-P

@bajanempress, Are you at St. Georges University?? I thought they were really know for there (for lack of a better term) "Ocean" programs.

ValleyOfDecision
03-02-2004, 05:16 AM

Master of Science in Social Work

I'm not researching anything; however, my program has Research as a method of SW practice.

No thesis or dissertation required for my program (only at the Ph.D level), but for my method of practice, Advanced Generalist Practice and Programming (AGPP), all AGPP students have to write a proposal based on the work we've done at our internships this year and based on what we've learned in school in our 2nd year. This proposal determines whether or not one moves on and graduates. Mine is due Thursday. In theory, our proposals are also supposed to be implemented, which they are (for the most part). Oh yeah, and all SW students have to have an internship (a different one each year - 600 hrs./yr. for 2 yrs.), which counts toward SW licensure.

In the future, I'd like to start some trouble in the HIV/AIDS field, get people of color the help and respect they desperately need. Heading an organization (and/or starting my own) is my ultimate goal. I'm down for other causes too.

I'm (FINALLY!) finished in May and I'm ready to be DONE NOW. :smug

Off to a late night of continuing work on this proposal... :smug :smug :tiptoe

CallaV
03-02-2004, 03:36 PM

MA in sociology

My interest lies primarily in the black family and the interpersonal relationships among black people especially the relationship between black men and women.

Current research is on the black father son relationship.

I have done research on marriage attitudes among black males and females

In the future I would like to investigate:

1. The experiences of first generation American born children of immigrants.

2. The similarities between first generation American born children immigrants and African Americans.

3. Marriage between first generation American born children of immigrants and African Americans

Thesis topic - I will be looking at the generational transmission of paternal identity among black men; how does the relationship a black man has with his father affect the relationship he has with his son.

Sunchild
03-02-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by CallaV@Mar 2 2004, 11:36 AM

MA in sociology

My interest lies primarily in the black family and the interpersonal relationships among black people especially the relationship between black men and women.

Current research is on the black father son relationship.

I have done research on marriage attitudes among black males and females

In the future I would like to investigate:

1. The experiences of first generation American born children of immigrants.

2. The similarities between first generation American born children immigrants and African Americans.

3. Marriage between first generation American born children of immigrants and African Americans

Thesis topic - I will be looking at the generational transmission of paternal identity among black men; how does the relationship a black man has with his father affect the relationship he has with his son.
Calla I did not know you were doing sociology!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am considering changing fields.

We have to chat sometime. :lol

CallaV
03-02-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by afrikankween@Mar 2 2004, 10:55 AM
Calla I did not know you were doing sociology!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am considering changing fields.

We have to chat sometime. :lol
No doubt lady!! :lol

ValleyOfDecision
03-02-2004, 06:37 PM
:offtopic

CallaV - your work sounds very interesting. I was a sociology minor as well; I woulda done it as a major, but I was too far into what I was already doing. Thought about doing a Master's but I woulda needed too many classes to even qualify to apply.

Back on topic...

sonshinescoils
03-03-2004, 01:53 AM
I'm in my last semester of master's study in Communication.

Currently writing my thesis--actually right now, i have a deadline for chapter 2's complete outline tomorrow...

My thesis is a rhetorical study of voicelessness and social death in One Hour Photo. I am positing a more elastic notion of voice/lessness to extend beyond voice as a marginalization/minority/gender problem to a human dilemma.

FreedomPlease
03-03-2004, 02:06 AM

BA Business Admin. and Mgmt. - Graduate in May :bis

I also just received an acceptance letter to law school :app :app :app

We have a Capstone course that we must complete, and I am researching Racial Profiling.

N/A

deeva58
03-03-2004, 02:38 PM
MS in Interactive Technology. No thesis required for this degree...
I plan to persue the Ph.D. in INstructional Technology as well...

--Demetria

bajanempress
03-04-2004, 02:12 AM
Hey Lagina- nope I'm not at St. George's I did my undergrad at University of the West Indies (Mona, Jamaica campus) I'm currently at University of Texas Austin- they are well known for their sedimentology and stratigraphy programme and they offered funding!

EarthyDiva
03-06-2004, 04:29 AM
Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology

How working w/ clients who have experienced severe trauma impacts/shapes clinical training.

Qualitative look at above topic, specifically clinical trainees working w/ survivors of torture

Hopefully done Fall 2004

Currently on psychology internship (last leg yeah) so work on dissertation is going slow but it's going.

As my mother says
"There's more behind me than when I started!"

KEEP ON Y'ALL

CLL

PrincessDrRe
03-06-2004, 06:22 AM
I am currently studying Counseling Psychology
Doctoral Program. I hope to complete it by May, '07.

As for my dissertation....so many topics in mind....however two stick out strong.....

1. Interpersonal Relationships Among African-American Males-Problems with Commitment.

2. The Welfare Wagon-The Long, Circling Ride

:coffee Currently researching--Marital & Family Relationships within Histrionic Circles

ysaiy
03-06-2004, 07:50 AM
Peace all,

I am currently in graduate school working towards completing my MA in Sociology. I can't really be too specific about what I am researching right now for complicated reasons :tiptoe but my general topics of interest and research are race/racial formations, visual culture and anticolonialism, and especially the intricate fusions these three form.

:heart :heart :heart

jax72
03-07-2004, 02:43 AM
I am getting a M.ED in science education. My program has a non-thesis option, so no thesis for me. Hopefully when I graduate this May I will find a job in a children's or science museum. Cross your fingers for me people.

I seriously wish I had studied geology or chemistry instead.

AKAHLF
03-08-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by afrikankween@Feb 29 2004, 08:48 PM

I am a third year, second semester doctoral student studying Clinical Psychology.

I have researched:
the parenting styles of AA parents, the role of the father in AA families, and the AA female patient in psychodynamic therapy.

I am working on the literature review ofmy dissertation - effective therapies with patients of color.

aymst1
03-10-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by AgentDime+Mar 1 2004, 05:02 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AgentDime @ Mar 1 2004, 05:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-afrikankween@Feb 29 2004, 06:48 PM

My family lineage

I will begin in the Fall. I got one acceptance letter this week and waiting on the 3 other schools I applied to.
Thanks for the advice you listed in the other topic about paying for grad school.
:rainfro [/b][/quote]
:app Speech Pathology here too! Congratulations on your acceptance. I haven&#39;t heard back yet from the schools I applied to, but hopefully will be attending in the fall.

earthangel
03-13-2004, 12:11 AM

Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology, 4th year student

Identity development among people of African descent,

I am very close to proposing my dissertation, and I hope to start collecting data by late April *fingers crossed!!* Hope to finish before I start internship in the fall.

Laniza
03-14-2004, 03:29 AM
Currently earning my Master&#39;s in Gender/Cultural Studies (will be done in January &#39;05).

I am very interested in the oral histories of Black elderly women. I would like to one day publish an anthology of Black elderly women&#39;s life stories. I am also interested in working for a counseling/empowerment type of program for young Black girls. If I do decide to continue on for a Ph.D, I&#39;m leaning towards a degree in American/African American Studies or Popular Culture Studies (my undergrad degree was African American Studies).

In the past, I have done oral interviews examining the relationships between Black grandmothers and their granddaughters. For possible thesis ideas, I would either like to examine any commonly held assumptions/values about birth control in Black communities or (and this is more likely) expand my research on the portrayal of Black generational (anything past the traditional &#39;nuclear&#39;) families in American television shows like "Soul Food".

Salsybabe
03-14-2004, 10:23 PM
Laniza, your research interests and career goals sound very interesting. I have some research interests in black adolescents (particularly girls) myself, but my main focus is on career development/educational attainment in black women as well as black girls.

crystfro
03-17-2004, 05:13 AM
I&#39;m in my 2nd semester of graduate school.
I&#39;m doing my Masters in nursing then will transition into their doctoral program.
Oncology is my area of interest.

LadyBug75
03-18-2004, 08:17 PM
I am getting my MA in Education with an emphasis in Adult Education and Distance Education. (I graduate next April--Yay!) :app

I am so excited about my degree because I can use it currently in my career (as a full-time educational policy analyst and as a part-time Adult ESL teacher). And the possibilities are endless, especially with the potential of my becoming an online instructor. The door is wide open for me!

Blakbeauty83
03-30-2004, 05:36 AM
[quote] What degree are you currently pursuing?

:rainfro
:app Speech Pathology here too! Congratulations on your acceptance. I haven&#39;t heard back yet from the schools I applied to, but hopefully will be attending in the fall.
I am in my first year MA in Speech Pathology, second semester right now. :) Not planning to do a thesis even though that is an option but that&#39;s not my thing. Glad to see some sisters in this field as we are sorely under represented! Congrats on the acceptances! Hope you girls get many more! :thumbsup

saga30311
04-02-2004, 01:49 AM
<<< I&#39;m claiming my MBA Admission acceptance in advance (see my title) :thumbsup I take my GMAT Saturday, wish me luck!

I finish my BA in Information Technology in May, and have a pending application for a joint MBA in Information Technology and International Business

N/A directly - however, my focus will be on Project Management, particularly in the scope of Globalization. My career goal is to enter IS Project Management, or to open my own IS Company (I have a pretty hot business idea related to this in mind, that I&#39;m keeping under my hat :-P )

N/A, but if I had to do one, I&#39;d focus on the IT gap as it applies to developing countries & issues related to this. I did a brief paper on this in undergrad, and I&#39;d love to explore this further. :(cha

Shatani
04-06-2005, 07:53 PM

1. im currently persuing my doctorate in clinical psychology (psyD)

2. im not into research and im not sure what my dissertation topic will be....my field interests are children, family, forensics, couple and im getting school certified.

Khardelya
04-07-2005, 02:02 AM

i am pursuing my master&#39;s in human services concentrating in social work & community services.

Researching: domestic violence

No thesis or dissertations required, only a project for the very last course.

leen26
04-07-2005, 02:10 AM
I am working on my Master&#39;s in Public Health and I will be done this May!!!!
We have the option of doing either a thesis or an essay...I am doing the essay.
It is on African Americans and access to quality health care.
I am so glad I am almost done!! :P

lovinblack
04-07-2005, 02:46 AM

My family lineage

Hey,

I am pursuing a Masters degree in Sociology specializing in Criminology.
I am defended my thesis which was on Media portrayals of African Canadian men and crime and its effects on the African Canadian community in Toronto.

The defense was successful and I am doing the finishing touches and will graduate this june.

lb

lovinblack
04-07-2005, 02:48 AM

My family lineage

Hey,

I am pursuing a Masters degree in Sociology specializing in Criminology.
I did research on race and crime.
I am defended my thesis which was on Media portrayals of African Canadian men and crime and its effects on the African Canadian community in Toronto.

The defense was successful and I am doing the finishing touches and will graduate this june.

lb

vicchnu
04-07-2005, 03:24 AM
Masters in Marketing
No thesis required

Mrs. Tang
04-07-2005, 05:25 AM
I&#39;m getting my Ph.D. in Educational Leadership/Administration. I would either like to work in higher education or become Principal of an elementary school...what a contrast. I&#39;m thinking of my disertation now....something linking parent involvement/participation/visibility with student sucess....or lack thereof <_<

ChocolatChaud
04-07-2005, 03:34 PM

I am getting an interdisciplinary masters in Africana Studies and Theatre/Performance. I am currently researching the history of my family on my mother&#39;s side. I am also exploring the idea of identity among African-Americans through dance, poetry, theatre/performance art and video. I am using the idea of migration and journey as a motif; the physical migration of my grandmother and women like her to the North and how that effects my disconnect with traditional southern African American culture. I am also emphasizing the importance of the oral history tradition among people of African descent by interviewing them about their lives and using these stories as basis for the material in my performance. I&#39;m trying to follow in the footsteps of Zora Neale Hurston...I will be visiting Mississippi this summer, the land where my great great grandparents, great grandparents and grandparents sharecropped. I even managed to get a photo of my great great grandmother. I will be documenting this emotional, physical and spiritual journey through video, interviews, journaling and photography. There is also a chance that I will be going to Ghana this summer to study Ghanaian traditional theatre and dance. If I go, I will definitely be incorporating those elements into my final performance these. BTW, thesis is required and mine will be a performance. :)

4real
04-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Masters in social work school specialization
almost one year down
we don&#39;t do a thesis we do a year long internship
but two of my reasearch interests are interventions to keep black males in school and the affects of absent father on black female adolescents

but I have phd in my future so i can do more research then

brave_bird
04-07-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Khardelya@Apr 7 2005, 02:02 AM
i am pursuing my master&#39;s in human services concentrating in social work & community services.

Researching: domestic violence

No thesis or dissertations required, only a project for the very last course.

My degree is really similiar, I am pursing a master in human services community counseling. hopefully I will be finished in may 2007. I don&#39;t have to do a these but a profile project and 2 internships.

tld221
04-09-2005, 08:45 AM
im so excited by reading this thread. many of you have gotten PMs from me on said thesis topics.

im doing similar preparation for my senior thesis (our colloquium) im super scared.

right now im planning on studying the adolescent development of black children in the city--something i want to work on in grad school.

PMs on any advice on anything would be helpful.

Sunchild
04-10-2005, 09:36 AM
I am glad to see so many Sisters doing their thang. :smil3f72836ee752e:

Sunchild
04-10-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Mrs. Tang@Apr 7 2005, 01:25 AM
I&#39;m getting my Ph.D. in Educational Leadership/Administration. I would either like to work in higher education or become Principal of an elementary school...what a contrast. I&#39;m thinking of my disertation now....something linking parent involvement/participation/visibility with student sucess....or lack thereof <_<

My Dh is doing this program as well. His dissertation is focused on African cenetered schools which he had to defend the proposal a gazillion times over. :rolleyes:

sonshinescoils
04-10-2005, 07:11 PM
I GOT INTO U OF L! HALLELUJAH! i&#39;ll be attending for a PhD in humanities. i just found out today!

no details about funding yet, but i&#39;ll report back.

start spreading the news... :afro:

Sunchild
04-10-2005, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by sonshinescoils@Apr 10 2005, 03:11 PM
I GOT INTO U OF L! HALLELUJAH! i&#39;ll be attending for a PhD in humanities. i just found out today!

no details about funding yet, but i&#39;ll report back.

start spreading the news... :afro:

YAY! CONGRATS!!!!! I know you were waiting with baited breath. CONGRATS girl!

nastynas
04-11-2005, 11:23 AM
I&#39;m working on my MLS (library science). Yep, i wanna be a librarian. Hopefully I&#39;ll graduate this fall or maybe even the summer.

no thesis required, but i would like to get my phd in library science. i even have a thesis topic, but that&#39;s putting the cart before the horse.

Good to see so many of us doing our thing.

Congrats, sonshinecoils. Rock the locs at U at L:)

kinkykinks
04-12-2005, 01:49 AM

My family lineage

Very interesting. Where do you attend school? Too bad more schools don&#39;t offer that type of masters program.

lsubabiedee
04-12-2005, 08:35 AM

Well...im currently in the Master&#39;s of Arts in Liberal Arts program, BUT I&#39;m reapplying to the Master&#39;s of Anthropology soon

umm...done a lot of research on louisiana blacks in the colonial period...right now researching some rituals in the diaspora

yep, got my thesis topic in my head...just gotta focus and get into the program so i can git r done!

zenvodunista
04-12-2005, 11:20 AM
i&#39;m getting a master&#39;s in Landscape Architecture. no thesis required. i&#39;m applying for jobs right now. i hope to work for a company that does a lot of public work like plazas, parks and ecological reclamation projectes.

i&#39;m graduating in june :D

EElizabeth
04-13-2005, 09:58 PM
-EdD Education Leadership - Higher Education Emphasis

-History of Developmental Education

-Dissertation with two areas of interest: Retention rate of remedial and college-level students earning non-passing grades in their first semester as well as Counselor and Advisor strategies when working with this specific population.

Currently in a class, internship and comps to go. Hopefully an academic year sabbatical will be approved for writing then "Dr." shortly thereafter.

nckyola
04-13-2005, 11:47 PM
Master of Arts in Psychology

Relationship between (perceived) social class within the Black community and attitudes toward professional counseling.

I will likely follow my current research through my entire MAP program.

kutemommie
04-15-2005, 03:27 AM
MBA with a concentration in Health
No thesis required

hrshyqutie
04-15-2005, 03:35 AM
I am will have my MSW (masters of social work) in three weeks!!!! Yay!!!!

I am currently doing a research project about elder sexuality.

I have completed two internships but no thesis was required for this program.

ebwilson
04-15-2005, 05:02 AM
Master&#39;s of Business Administration with a concentraton in Human Resources

Scheduled to finish this June! :D

zeina
04-17-2005, 04:02 AM
MA in anthropology.

writing thesis (now)

hope to finish by end of the month

NappyNiece
04-17-2005, 05:26 AM
MS in Kinesiology with concentrations in Sports Administration and Sport Psychology. I am waiting an early admission invitation to a new PhD program on campus.

What topics are you currently researching
The effect of season and career ending injuries on adolescent athletes
Improving the medicial communication gap: getting doctors and certified athletic trainers on the same page.
Breaking Barriers: Increasing the retention rate of minority and women athletic training students.

We can either complete a thesis, internship, or project. I am planning on doing a thesis and internship.

rdkinloch
04-17-2005, 07:25 PM
I am currently pursuing a PhD in biochemistry. I am studying iron-binding proteins and enzymes. My dissertation will focus on this group of enzymes. I am approaching the end of my 3rd year, and all of my comps were completed Fall 2004. I will probably graduate in 2 years. I&#39;m gonna need ya&#39;ll to pray for me &#39;cause I don&#39;t know if I am going to make it. :(

EElizabeth
04-17-2005, 11:07 PM
"I am currently pursuing a PhD in biochemistry. I am studying iron-binding proteins and enzymes. My dissertation will focus on this group of enzymes. I am approaching the end of my 3rd year, and all of my comps were completed Fall 2004. I will probably graduate in 2 years. I&#39;m gonna need ya&#39;ll to pray for me &#39;cause I don&#39;t know if I am going to make it."

*&^%$#..........That is just me gently clearing my throat.........

We&#39;ve come this far by faith,
Leaning on the Lord.
Trusting in His holy word,
He&#39;s never failed us yet.
Oh..oh..oh...can&#39;t turn around,
We&#39;ve come this far by faith!

What a Friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer!
*****Oh what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear,
*****All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.

Another level, another harvest,
Another day for You to manifest Your promises;
Another moment, another season for a
Breakthrough, breakthrough.

A greater level, a greater harvest,
A greater day for You to manifest Your promises;
A greater moment, a greater season for a
Breakthrough, breakthrough.

Whisper a prayer in the morning,
Whisper a prayer at noon,
Whisper a prayer in the evening,
Keep your heart in tune.

I am persuaded Lord to love You,
I have been changed to bless Your name.
I am constrained by Your great gospel
Forever to worship You!

naenae
04-18-2005, 02:10 AM

My family lineage

Master&#39;s in Social Work at Howard University (Class of 06 baby!)

recently I have been researching about the lack of support for adolescents with sexual idenity confusion within the school system pertaining to programs such as comprehensive sexuality education

turquois26
04-18-2005, 06:01 AM
MBA w/concentration in Human Resource Mgmt. (Tourou University)

This program has a non-thesis option so no thesis for me.

I need all the prayer I can get because I have just falling into a rut. I simply have lost interest in the classes that I have to take.

I only have a few left so I guess I will try to hang in there....

Iamme
05-15-2005, 08:45 AM
I must say that I almost shed a tear reading this post....I just recently graduating (1 week) from UCOnn with a degree in African American studies, I never really felt like I had anyone to talk with about my ideas for research in African American studies nor why I want to pursue degrees in the discipline, but of course I come to nappturality and find my niche, my family..... I was the only graduate from my school in afam, and before me there were only 2, the isolation and lack of convo almost drove me nuts.......but I basically just wanted to say thank you to everyone that responded to this post and added their insight...... :2cents:

p.s. ---- i can see that we all like and hope to research similar topics and I hope to read some published work by all of you

Thanks. Iamme :D :D :) :D :D

Barbie
05-15-2005, 06:40 PM

Masters of Arts in Mathematics Education

Not researching anything right now.

A research report during the last semester.