PDA

View Full Version : Dangling Lifeless Balls Of Hair...

coalblacklocs
06-26-2007, 08:43 AM
What's with these lifeless dangling balls of hair hanging on the ends of some of my locs? Sometimes they come out when I wash my hair. Are they supposed to be there?

I had resolved myself that my locs werent' going to seal at the end, and ended in curls at the ends. But some of these balls of hair are dangling at the ends, and stretching out my curls making them straight...I have a headful curled locs with some sticking out straight. Their not very soft anymore. Some of these balls are dangling from the ends of my locs by one or two strands of hair. Do I pull them off?

Combine this with constantly unraveling hair at my roots, and, well, :crying: :crying: :crying: I'm not pretty!!! What's going on with my head!?

Maybe I made a mistake. Maybe I shouldn't have locked. :(

bmorelikebre
06-26-2007, 08:57 AM
What's with these lifeless dangling balls of hair hanging on the ends of some of my locs? Sometimes they come out when I wash my hair. Are they supposed to be there?

I had resolved myself that my locs werent' going to seal at the end, and ended in curls at the ends. But some of these balls of hair are dangling at the ends, and stretching out my curls making them straight...I have a headful curled locs with some sticking out straight. Their not very soft anymore. Some of these balls are dangling from the ends of my locs by one or two strands of hair. Do I pull them off?

Combine this with constantly unraveling hair at my roots, and, well, :crying: :crying: :crying: I'm not pretty!!! What's going on with my head!?

Maybe I made a mistake. Maybe I shouldn't have locked. :(
[/b]

Don't say that! You're very pretty, but I understand how you feel. Sometimes during this process, you just don't feel attractive! I have little danglies as well and I usually just snip them off. Some people will tell you not to but I haven't seen a problem with getting rid of them

blueskyy
06-26-2007, 09:02 AM
I'm new at locking but I think what you're experiencing is budding. If you look at the pinned topic "Must Read For All Lockers (especially newbies)", inside that topic there's a section about budding with links to old budding threads. From the descriptions in those topics it sounds like you're on your way to being locked! Don't give up now! BTW, I think you and your hair are gorgeous! :)

((RED))
06-26-2007, 09:07 AM
<div align="center">...don&#39;t cry...shoot, i can&#39;t wait until i get to that stage you talkin bout....lol...i can&#39;t wait til i get me some balls....

oh no not that topic again...lol

((RED))</div>

Natural Kinks
06-26-2007, 09:28 AM
It&#39;s just your ends trying to seal. They will not be as soft because your hair is locking. You definitely should have locked so long as you can deal with the various stages.

coalblacklocs
06-26-2007, 10:05 AM
Ok, buds, I read about them, but somehow, I did not think that they would be just dangling off the ends of my locs by a few hairs.

I&#39;m thinking about at least getting my locs trimmed into some kind of shape. I feel like a sheepdog.

mscocontxus
06-26-2007, 11:28 AM
There was another post like this a little while ago....

It has something to do with your locs sealing. The post is below, it&#39;s funny, but there&#39;s some real info in there besides all the banter about other balls.

http://www.nappturality.com/forum/lofivers...php/t98137.html (http://www.nappturality.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t98137.html)

delleaux
06-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Those little balls! Yes, that is your hair trying to seal the ends. Yes, it is annoying but part of the process of locking I notice I had a couple where my hair line is recovering I made the mistake of pulling if off and the ends did not seal now they are back and I just let it be!!!!! There are various annoyances with certain methods and stages of locking but it is essential to ride them out if you are going to have the locks you desire. :D

GOTKNAPS?
06-26-2007, 12:12 PM
<div align="center">...don&#39;t cry...shoot, i can&#39;t wait until i get to that stage you talkin bout....lol...i can&#39;t wait til i get me some balls....

((RED))
[/b][/quote]

ROTFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

I pulled my balls off, lol. I never wanted my ends to seal even though some did...so my point is that i pulled my balls off and my ends still sealed, HTH!!!

blackernsweeter
06-26-2007, 02:36 PM

((RED))
[/b][/quote]

:lol: :lol: i was thinking the same thing... (be good, be good)

i have more balls than i had last month so i&#39;m guessing this is progress. some ends are trying to seal and some are not.

ladyerika
06-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Hi coalblacklocks:

This is perfectly normal, so don&#39;t worry. They will eventually fall off on their own, or like everyone else has said, become part of the sealed ends. For me they were noticeable for a little while, but I stopped thinking about it and next thing I knew they went away. Hang in there, your locs are and will be absolutely gorgeous.

Whatever you do, try to resist the urge to pull them off. :D

puchi
06-26-2007, 06:28 PM
yeps thats pretty normal. if they are really bothering you can cut them. but they will more than likely come back. your ends can seal if you clip them or not (at least on my hair). it also depends on your hair type too.

coalblacklocs
06-26-2007, 06:40 PM
I&#39;ll try to leave them alone, but for the ones that keep swinging in my face, their days are numbered.

dade305izdatdeal
06-26-2007, 09:30 PM
I&#39;ll try to leave them alone, but for the ones that keep swinging in my face, their days are numbered.
[/b]

LOL....i feel 4 em.