PDA

View Full Version : Alopecia Is Hereditary In My Family

SoSoul
06-28-2007, 03:31 AM
:huh: I have noticed also thatit took me a while to grown my edges out. is this a forshadow of things to come????

What can i do now if anything?

ms_rite
06-28-2007, 03:47 AM
Unfortunately I dont think there is anything you can do... :( I've suffered with alopecia on and off for about 10 years and every time a patch develops it takes me by surprise, then I start to think back and realise that it was brought on by stress. I am quite an emotional person, and I find that if I dont express the way I feel I internalise it and it manifests itself physically - so my hair and skin suffer quite badly. I dont know about you, but I can't control the way my body responds to stress, but I dont know if this is an issue for you.

The only advice I can give is to stay healthy, eat a balanced diet, take supplements, exercise and try and live a life as stress-free as possible. If you are a worrier like me, dont interalise it, communicate with people, seek help/advice...basically find ways to deal with the stress.

HTH

sbrown
07-02-2007, 01:52 PM
I agree with Mis~Taken in that you really need to de-stress your life for healthy hair. I'm still working on that myself. But one thing you can do to try to alleviate some of your stress is to get regular scalp massages. It's better if someone else can do it. Or you can get one of those massagers at target with the squishy balls on the feet. Scalp massage will really help you to relax. It also stimulates blood flow to your scalp to help with any hair loss and the growth of new hair.