PDA

View Full Version : Hormone-related Hair Loss/thinning

Socalady25
07-15-2007, 05:06 PM
My mom is in her early 60's and she's noticing that her hair is thinning. We both believe this has to do with the drop in estrogen in her system (she was on hormone-replacement therapy for several years, but has decided to stop the hormones). She converted to a short crop and no color in order to have less stress with her hair. She's also seeing that her hair is thinning in some places. Any advice on what she can do to slow down the thinning? Any suggestions/thoughts/stories, will be helpful.

Newlynaturalkitty2
07-17-2007, 04:03 PM
Greetings socalady25,

I am so sorry to hear that your mom is going through these problems in her gloden ages. I am currently getting steorid treatment for my hair loss. I would suggest her using eo's to help with the hair loss. Their is also a steroid cream that she can use but it is not natural. But there is a thread that I started regarding eo's for alopecia which is also hair loss and some people give good ideas of different eo's that she can mix together. Massaging the scalp is also a very good way to stimulate the blood flow which should also work to grow back her hair. I hope that helps....

Peace and Blessings :wub:

Socalady25
08-01-2007, 10:31 AM
Greetings socalady25,

I am so sorry to hear that your mom is going through these problems in her gloden ages. I am currently getting steorid treatment for my hair loss. I would suggest her using eo's to help with the hair loss. Their is also a steroid cream that she can use but it is not natural. But there is a thread that I started regarding eo's for alopecia which is also hair loss and some people give good ideas of different eo's that she can mix together. Massaging the scalp is also a very good way to stimulate the blood flow which should also work to grow back her hair. I hope that helps....
Peace and Blessings :wub:
[/b]

you're wonderful...thanks!! :D

Taqwa
08-03-2007, 08:23 AM
Soca,

I understand your mom's situation. I have been have some "thin" moments too after having a total hysto (and doing the HRT thing). What is growing back now is a TOTAL different texture than what I had.

My NP suggested taking over the counter Prenatal vitamins. It seems to me working.

Hugs to your mom!