PDA

View Full Version : Tennage Stage And Maintence

hoviceberg
07-16-2007, 12:50 PM
how long does the tennage stage last and is it supposed to be like this? I have been locking for about 8 months, my hair stays after wash but it just looks so fuzzy and crazy sometimes and I look at other peoples locs and they seemed all together and well not crazy Has this happed to anybody else where you just feel like putting a hat on. And how often should i get mainitence done sometimes i go a month or 2 before going to my locticaion becuase i heard locks work better if left alone

NappyChile
07-16-2007, 12:58 PM
<div align="center">........ locks work better if left alone

sooo true</div>

delleaux
07-16-2007, 01:14 PM
I co sign with Nappy chile! :P

Let them be. Teenage stage is the rebellious stage you are doing fine just ride it out. It depends on each individual. There is no set time how long that stage will be. But hang in there sooner or later you will move on through!!!! :D :D :D

hoviceberg
07-16-2007, 02:03 PM
all rite i was just wondering was the going always this tough around this time for every one

delleaux
07-16-2007, 10:07 PM
all rite i was just wondering was the going always this tough around this time for every one
[/b]
That is why it is called the teenage stage!!!! You will okay patience and you will get past it for sho!!!!

NappyChile
07-17-2007, 01:08 PM
That is why it is called the teenage stage!!!! You will okay patience and you will get past it for sho!!!!
[/b]

<div align="center"> :rolleyes: Yep .... we&#39;re here for you. Enjoy your journey!</div>

svati
07-17-2007, 03:36 PM
D*mn Teenagers!

I&#39;m only 3 months loc&#39;d and my babies are already teens. It&#39;s a tough time for me too, and I&#39;m glad I can go to these boards and be encouraged to stay the course.

illuminate83
07-17-2007, 08:34 PM
I&#39;m not sure how long the teenage stage lasts...but I&#39;ve had my locs for two years now...and I still think they are in the teenage stage. I have locs that are just now starting to bud...well perhaps that&#39;s an exaggeration..but I have locs that are starting to swell on the ends...unexpectedly. Oh and my locs are still fuzzy wuzzy =) Okay maybe not as fuzzy wuzzy as I would like to them to be, cause I luv fuzzy wuzzy locs =)

LOL sorry I didn&#39;t mean to hijack this thread...only to say that I think the teenage stage varies.....maybe 6 months to 3 years? Please correct me if I&#39;m wrong....?

bellelocs
07-19-2007, 03:31 PM
I am in month 5 and I too am struggling. Big time. My hair looks fly just after washing and DIY retwisting, but by day 3 it&#39;s a hot mess. I&#39;m hoping that by the time I hit one year the frizz will have calmed down. I like a neat, manicured look which I hardly see anyone rocking. Please tell me that this gets easier!!!

PS I just discovered this site and am addicted. It&#39;s nice to have community during this journey.

GOTKNAPS?
07-19-2007, 06:18 PM
I am in month 5 and I too am struggling. Big time. My hair looks fly just after washing and DIY retwisting, but by day 3 it&#39;s a hot mess. I&#39;m hoping that by the time I hit one year the frizz will have calmed down. I like a neat, manicured look which I hardly see anyone rocking. Please tell me that this gets easier!!!

PS I just discovered this site and am addicted. It&#39;s nice to have community during this journey.
[/b]

GIRRRRRRL.....i know exactly what you are going through!!!! I too went through this stage as i believe we ALL do (i guess its called crawling before you walk) but i definitely gets betta layta!!!!! I am actually in my second year and the only thing i complain about is the LENGTH!!!! Dont get me wrong I love how long they are getting but i dont like how they get in my way when i eat, sleep, brush my teeth, have sex, yes i said it....have sex, LOL (im sure this comment will be deleted, lol) ect. LOL

But back to the subject....I actually palm rolled my locs every 2 weeks (which i now DO NOT RECOMMEND) until around month 8 or 9 then i went to once every 4-6 weeks. I love the manicured look too so i did whatever it took to keep my natty looking tight, lol!!! I didnt exactly "luv the fuzzies" so when i palm rolled, i did the entire loc! I had to train them because i wanted them to look a certain way! But now that they are older i just let them do what they do!!!

Good Luck girl, just keep all that patience you have and before you know it your teens will be adults!!!

P.S. i documented my entire journal so you can take a peek at my album to see what my locs looked like at that age!!! http://public.fotki.com/khashasknaps/

bellelocs
07-23-2007, 03:25 PM
GIRRRRRRL.....i know exactly what you are going through!!!! I too went through this stage as i believe we ALL do (i guess its called crawling before you walk) but i definitely gets betta layta!!!!! I am actually in my second year and the only thing i complain about is the LENGTH!!!! Dont get me wrong I love how long they are getting but i dont like how they get in my way when i eat, sleep, brush my teeth, have sex, yes i said it....have sex, LOL (im sure this comment will be deleted, lol) ect. LOL
But back to the subject....I actually palm rolled my locs every 2 weeks (which i now DO NOT RECOMMEND) until around month 8 or 9 then i went to once every 4-6 weeks. I love the manicured look too so i did whatever it took to keep my natty looking tight, lol!!! I didnt exactly "luv the fuzzies" so when i palm rolled, i did the entire loc! I had to train them because i wanted them to look a certain way! But now that they are older i just let them do what they do!!!

Good Luck girl, just keep all that patience you have and before you know it your teens will be adults!!!

P.S. i documented my entire journal so you can take a peek at my album to see what my locs looked like at that age!!! http://public.fotki.com/khashasknaps/
[/b]

Thank you, GotKnaps. Your album was inspiring. So there is light at the end of the tunnel.