PDA

View Full Version : Help Please...

KenyaMack
07-24-2007, 09:12 PM
hello,

i am new and thinking of loc'ing.

i have looked ALL over these threads to find different pictures of what each style looks like and I can't find them. I hear different terms and I'm understanding but I guess my biggest issue is this.

I want to loc but honestly...honestly I do NOT like the scalpy look. I know it might be something I have to go through but are there styles that do not have that sort of look?

I have some coils right now in my Fotki (link below) and I'd like my locs to start off like my coils but don't know what sort of "look" that would be.

man...i'm confused. i just want locs but not scalpy-looking locs...uh...impossible?

delleaux
07-24-2007, 09:49 PM
hello,

i am new and thinking of loc'ing.

i have looked ALL over these threads to find different pictures of what each style looks like and I can't find them. I hear different terms and I'm understanding but I guess my biggest issue is this.

I want to loc but honestly...honestly I do NOT like the scalpy look. I know it might be something I have to go through but are there styles that do not have that sort of look?

I have some coils right now in my Fotki (link below) and I'd like my locs to start off like my coils but don't know what sort of "look" that would be.

man...i'm confused. i just want locs but not scalpy-looking locs...uh...impossible?
[/b]

freeform or back comb them because usually they are going to look scalpy with the twist and coils. As these start to bud and mesh it will be less but it is not an overnite process.

Hadasah
07-24-2007, 09:58 PM
Sure, it's possible to have locks without the scalp showing. In fact, it's harder to have the scalp showing all the time. Depending on your method to start them, you might have the scalp showing for a small while, but then your hair will frizz, your hair will grow, you'll have a "controlled nappiness", to quote Ms. Bonner. You can freeform, but if you palm roll/comb coil/two strand twist, the scalp showing will only be temporary.

BLUELOCS
07-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Hi there, don't be discouraged. I started my locs about 2months ago and the first week i think they were scalpy and I hated that look but I was prepared for it. I havent seen much scalp lately. Locs go through lots of phases it is up to you to decided what method u want to use to start them and maintain them. Check out lots of albums and even the threads nappturality has on the main locs discussion page. Good luck. By the way your hair is beautiful.

http://public.fotki.com/Tameisha/

KenyaMack
07-25-2007, 04:06 PM
thanks for the help...I'm just not sure what the different styles actually look like.

Like I know in my "head" what I want my locs to look like butttt...i can't find a pic or anything

well I'll keep trying!