PDA

View Full Version : Newbie (former lurker)

TreSista
03-04-2004, 10:02 PM
Hey everybody,

I got my last relaxer a couple of days before this past Christmas. However, I refuse to live a lye anymore. I don't plan to transition as long as most people. I may do the BC around summer time. I have been lurking on this board b/c I wanted to make sure that my mind was right and that I wouldn't give in before I started posting. I just started an album 2 days ago that you can find at http://public.fotki/TreSista/

I'm looking forward to finally seeing my natural texture. I know that I'll get some good advice here.

TreSista

janimie
03-04-2004, 10:57 PM
Hi Tresista, iam 7 months busy with transitioning, and i love my growth! just as u like yours, nice pics!! :) when you are in the sixth month u will experience really thick hair in that new growth :)

it's a long journey (the lenght of my hair is like your hair so that means a whole lot of patience before i 've reached my original length again) but i love the journey :)

janimie
03-04-2004, 11:24 PM
Hi Tresista, iam 7 months busy with transitioning, and i love my growth! just as u like yours, nice pics!! :) when you are in the sixth month u will experience really thick hair in that new growth :)

it's a long journey (the lenght of my hair is like your hair so that means a whole lot of patience before i 've reached my original length again) but i love the journey :)

Lagina
03-05-2004, 01:02 AM
Welcome and enjoy the journey back to natural chemical free hair! :)

LovelyLady
03-05-2004, 03:49 AM
Welcome to the board and congratulations on your decision to go natural. :thumbsup

naturalhairlover
03-05-2004, 03:57 AM
Welcome! An album already... I'm impressed. :)

MissLisa
03-05-2004, 04:35 AM
Welcome :)

TreSista
03-05-2004, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome ladies. I am definitely looking forward to see the hair that God REALLY blessed me with.

@naturalhairlover - Yeah, I have been looking at so many albums, and I thought it would be a good idea to start one of my own so I can compare where I will be to where I started. That's what will keep me going. If I didn't document it, I probably wouldn't see any progress.

@ janimie - How did your first 4 months of transitioning go? Any mistakes that you made that you now know better about?

Oh BTW, I wanted to know if anyone used any of those Mango & Lime Products during their transition. I'm especially interested in the Cactus oil. I know it's for locs, but I didn't see a reason why I wouldn't be able to use it.

curlyredbone
03-05-2004, 12:07 PM
Welcome

mrandmrsmer
03-05-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by TreSista@Mar 4 2004, 05:02 PM
Hey everybody,

I got my last relaxer a couple of days before this past Christmas. However, I refuse to live a lye anymore. I don't plan to transition as long as most people. I may do the BC around summer time. I have been lurking on this board b/c I wanted to make sure that my mind was right and that I wouldn't give in before I started posting. I just started an album 2 days ago that you can find at http://public.fotki/TreSista/

I'm looking forward to finally seeing my natural texture. I know that I'll get some good advice here.

TreSista
Welcome! :)

janimie
03-05-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by TreSista@Mar 5 2004, 12:44 PM

@ janimie - How did your first 4 months of transitioning go? Any mistakes that you made that you now know better about?

Hi Tresista, iam stil transitioning:

Start: half of August 2003 -> my last relaxer
7 months later -> +/- 8 centimeters of growth :) -> that's 3.2 inches (iam from holland and i only speak in centimeters :))

So that means it's going on schedule (your hair grows 1 centimeter (=1 inche in 2 months) in a month). I have 30 - 35 centimeters (12-14 inches) of hair and that's still 2.5 years of transitioning to go- i have the patience :) )
(In my youth it was maybe even longer than that )

The first two months i wasn't really thinking about transitioning, i just had a last relaxer and i still used only a scalp conditioner from Global choise and a shampoo of Global choise, like i alway have used when i relaxed my hair.
In the second month i really needed a touch up, but i didn't had the money so i only went for a herbal rinse to the coiffeur. -> that straightens your hair without chemical treatments
The 3th month i braided my hair - that's the month when i realised that relaxing my hair is not done for me.
In the 7th month i have twisted my own hair for a change :)
In the next month i will braid again.

Don't braid TO tight!! U really loose your hair and getting bold spots if u do braid it all to tight

I use braidsprays (African pride), leave in cond. (Parvenu) hot oils (olive oil and water) for taking good care of my hair :)
And i centrainly will use Surge when it's imported in Holland :)

Good luck :)

ps.: i hope that u understand my poor English. Anyway it's nice to be here :)