PDA

View Full Version : Whoopie Goldberg Rockin' Locs On The View

LockaByeBaby
08-02-2007, 07:26 AM
I don't even watch the show, but I believe her massive talent and presence will lend it some stability. The fact that she's had such success by being herself seems to lend her an aura of self-confidence and down-to-earth humor that will come across well to the audience.

teewu
08-02-2007, 08:25 AM
Yay!!! I totally agree... Im so glad we have someone like her to represent for us on the View. Maybe it will be worth watching now. :rolleyes:

NappyChile
08-02-2007, 08:27 AM
<div align="center">http://www.geocities.com/nappy_chile/whoopie3.gif</div>
<div align="center">
CONGRATS
Whoopi</div>

<div align="center"> :wub: Whoopi has always been a trend setter true to herself from her one woman Broadway show, The Color Purple and Ghost, hosting the Oscars, Live Aid? w/ Robin Williams & Billy Crystal, her morning radio show ( to mention a few of her accomplishments ) ... all that from a strong sista who was once homeless ... maybe I&#39;ll watch just to see her put things in the right View :P </div>

<div align="center"> :acksmiley: Meanwhile, former View cohost Star Jones Reynolds tells Entertainment Tonight that she&#39;s also pleased with Walters’ choice. "Whoopi is a smart woman with an opinion...and an excellent choice. She brings life experience outside of the entertainment business and diversity with intelligence,” she Reynolds says. “I wish her the best."
:icon_heartpump: ...... very sistaly luv Star, there maybe hope for ya! :shocker: </div>

LockaByeBaby
08-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Nice pictures of Whoopi&#39;s hair. I found a link to an online article about it.

http://www.usmagazine.com/whoopi_goldberg

Poetic_Butterfly
08-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Hopefully she will bring some good insight and wisdom on the show. I think that the View really is need of hosts that have substance and debth, not just good talk for tv.

Peace,
Rasta

Socalady25
08-02-2007, 01:41 PM
The Godmother of Locs in the entertainment world will hold it down. :D She&#39;s secure in who she is and will bring a lot to the table. I never watch the show, but I know it will be worth watching now that she&#39;s on the set.

SoulStar
08-02-2007, 10:56 PM
Blessed,

I am a "fan" of hers because of the Color Purple. I recently saw a piece of one of her cop movies and her crown was of locs-- was young. She had them since the 80s and they would be longer then what appears now. I mean, they have been the same length for years... I look at her locs now and wonder if they are real. Simply because the way they looked in that particular film was very unique in creation, like they would grow somewhat thin, less uniformed in size...I adore her and wish I saw her more in movies, I am not trying to de-throne her. *They used to call me whoopi growing up because of my color, and I always thought she was beautiful* Just curious if anyone else thought the same...

chokolatedove
08-02-2007, 11:13 PM
I love Whoopi and think that she has a unspoken, quiet beauty about herself. I guess she has what some call an unconentional look. But she is beautiful none the less. I was just watching her last nite on Kingdon Come.....starring none other than my TRUE TO LIFE BABY DADDY LL COOL J :unsure: :lol:

BrnNappyGrl
08-02-2007, 11:22 PM
I think Whoopi will rep for all Nappy women, whether you rock locs or rock Ruff & stuff with yo Afro Puffs! I might actually try to catch an episode just to see if she shows up and shows out.

As to whether her locs are real, I think they are. She even said that for a couple of movies (The Long Walk Home was one, and I can&#39;t think of the other off hand... it was co starring Ray Liotta)she had them untangled and burned straight since she was paying a character who lived back in the late 50&#39;s early 60&#39;s. I laughed like a donkey when she told how her assistant was smackin&#39; her on the head while she burnt it to keep her head still. She probably just trims them to keep them even. Plus, with her money, I would expect her to keep her locs lookin&#39; tight at all times. But maybe that&#39;s just me :shrugs:

Either way, I say "rock on Sista Whoopi!" :Cool_049:

LockaByeBaby
08-03-2007, 06:52 AM
Blessed,
I am a "fan" of hers because of the Color Purple. I recently saw a piece of one of her cop movies and her crown was of locs-- was young. She had them since the 80s and they would be longer then what appears now. I mean, they have been the same length for years... I look at her locs now and wonder if they are real. Simply because the way they looked in that particular film was very unique in creation, like they would grow somewhat thin, less uniformed in size...I adore her and wish I saw her more in movies, I am not trying to de-throne her. *They used to call me whoopi growing up because of my color, and I always thought she was beautiful* Just curious if anyone else thought the same...
[/b]
I think her locs were waist length in Ghost, late 80s. But I think she&#39;s been maintaining them at shoulder-length since then. Maybe she gets them trimmed regularly?

I love Whoopi and think that she has a unspoken, quiet beauty about herself. I guess she has what some call an unconentional look. But she is beautiful none the less. I was just watching her last nite on Kingdon Come.....starring none other than my TRUE TO LIFE BABY DADDY LL COOL J :unsure: :lol:
[/b]

She used to get made fun of quite often in the 80s because of her look and style. Particularly for her hairstyle. I really think she was ahead of her time in the mainstream and luckily she had a sense of humor to let it roll off her back. No one really mocks her hair anymore these days, I guess, because locs are more accepted.

Plus, with her money, I would expect her to keep her locs lookin&#39; tight at all times. But maybe that&#39;s just me :shrugs:

Either way, I say "rock on Sista Whoopi!" :Cool_049:
[/b]

LOL, I can just imagine having, count them, three loctitians on 24/7 call. One on each coast and another for emergencies. :D

Taqwa
08-03-2007, 06:56 AM
I think I will start tivo&#39;ing The View again.

swingbolder
08-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Yep, I will make it a point to tune in bc Whoopi is always so entertaining.

QueenAmina
08-04-2007, 05:21 PM
It&#39;s funny because growing up watching her movies like jumpingjack flash and others, I didn&#39;t like her hair. I didn&#39;t like OUR hair. Now over the years, I have a tremendous repect and pride for our hair. Looking at Whoopie now, she&#39;s beautiful, just raw, and that&#39;s something that is rarely seen on tv, yet she has been doing it for years.

BePeace

QueenAmina

atticsalt8686
08-04-2007, 05:47 PM
<div align="center">http://www.geocities.com/nappy_chile/whoopie3.gif
<div align="center">
CONGRATS
Whoopi</div>

<div align="center"> :wub: Whoopi has always been a trend setter true to herself from her one woman Broadway show, The Color Purple and Ghost, hosting the Oscars, Live Aid? w/ Robin Williams & Billy Crystal, her morning radio show ( to mention a few of her accomplishments ) ... all that from a strong sista who was once homeless ... maybe I&#39;ll watch just to see her put things in the right View :P </div>

<div align="center"> :acksmiley: Meanwhile, former View cohost Star Jones Reynolds tells Entertainment Tonight that she&#39;s also pleased with Walters’ choice. "Whoopi is a smart woman with an opinion...and an excellent choice. She brings life experience outside of the entertainment business and diversity with intelligence,” she Reynolds says. “I wish her the best."
:icon_heartpump: ...... very sistaly luv Star, there maybe hope for ya! :shocker: </div>
[/b][/quote]

I thought the benefit she used to do was called Comic Relief but I&#39;m not sure since I was very little at the time. I didn&#39;t know Whoopi was homeless though. Her dreads are really an inspiration.