PDA

View Full Version : Acv

mzpoetic
08-02-2007, 07:32 AM
Ok, I just got some ACV, and I want to use it, but the smell is so bad! It makes me feel nauseous, no lie! What can I do to ti to make it smell better?

KB
08-02-2007, 11:13 AM
are you doing it for a rinse?

when i did it, i poured the ACV in a spray bottle and sprayed my section hair... then i rinsed it out.. then i co-shampooed (washed my hair with conditioner) the sectioned area with strawberries and cream by V05.. from it, i didnt smell the ACV, it masked it.. and i STILL dont smell anything

:dunno:

Newlynaturalkitty2
08-02-2007, 11:20 AM
Well when I use ACV I first boil it in a pot with water and I use a 1:4 ratio. One cup of ACV and 4 cups water which dilutes the smell and then I let it cool off for a while with rosemary leafs and somethimes ill also put some tea tree oil in for my itches.

I hope that works for you :blush:

LilShortRib
08-03-2007, 09:02 AM
I do the acv rinse before I co wash and deep condition my hair. By the time I am done with that you can't smell it anymore and the co washes and conditioning add moisture back into my hair.

Also, are you diluting the acv with water before you use it?

moniqy
08-03-2007, 11:21 AM
If you smell it after your ACV rinses, then you used too much. Like others stated, do your ACV rinse first then your co wash after your final rinse you will not smell it.

mzpoetic
08-05-2007, 03:57 PM
I haven't even put it on my hair yet! I couldn't stand the smell. I tried it as a toner for my skin, and it was great, but it smelled bad. Had to wash it off. I was going to put it in my hair, but I couldn't make myself
do it. However I never thought to dilute it with water. That will probably make a lot of difference. Thanks for the tips :0)

LilShortRib
08-07-2007, 08:20 AM
^^^No wonder! Doing an acv rince you are supposed to add water to the acv to make the solution! :) Good luck!

KB
08-07-2007, 10:48 AM
i dont add water :unsure:

i just put it in the spray bottle and spray dead on. eh, my scalp needs it full force anyhow, my stuff be THAT BAD!

S.Supreme
08-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Try adding a few drops of essential oils to your diluted acv. Lemon and Ylang-Ylang are especially fragrant.