PDA

View Full Version : I Found My Fathers Family

frazertif
08-05-2007, 08:19 AM
hey everyone, I found my fathers family. First I called his wife, then I was questioned on why did I take so long to call and how come I did not go to my fathers funeral. to be honest, I thought my father still lived in newyork, I didn't know he lived in florida nor did I know that he died last year I found out through famly search and did not know if it was true or not. But after speaking to my family, I think I must have made a mistake because I don't think they want anything to do with me. I mean I spoke to my aunt and she said everyone was so anxious but when I emailed my pictures of my family no one sent me a pic of theirs and no one has contacted or emailed me since thursday so I kinda thinking that I should just fall back into the shadows again being unfound.

what do you think?

lsubabiedee
08-05-2007, 09:54 AM
I mean, what do you want to do?

There's a whole side of family that you don't know, and just because your father's wife and his sister feel a certain way about you, doesn't mean the rest of the family does.

I think they are being a bit extra, especially since you didn't know his whereabouts.

chinani
08-05-2007, 10:11 AM
I think this means a lot to you -- that's how it sounds to me. These conversations sound awkward and all, but maybe they're a bit afraid and insecure about meeting you as well, especially since you are the 'new' child of your (now) deceased father. I'm guessing they're afraid of their own feelings...

I think you should continue to peruse this if you can, but always keep your emotional health in mind. Best wishes.

frazertif
08-06-2007, 11:13 AM
I mean, what do you want to do?

There's a whole side of family that you don't know, and just because your father's wife and his sister feel a certain way about you, doesn't mean the rest of the family does.

I think they are being a bit extra, especially since you didn't know his whereabouts.
[/b]

I want to get to know them better, but my mom keeps telling me to be carefull because she used to live with them when she was married to my father. I havent seen my father in 16yrs, I don't know whats true, his wife keeps telling me that he loved me very much and for some reason I think she has in her head that my mom kept me away from my dad which is simply not true my address had not changed in 16yrs because I still stayed with my grandmother, and my phone number had not changed in 16 yrs, and it's not like my address is the hardest place to get to. Then my aunt says they have been looking for me but they live in the bronx and I live across the bridge how difficult could that have been. truthfully I don't know what to do I'm confused

I think this means a lot to you -- that's how it sounds to me. These conversations sound awkward and all, but maybe they're a bit afraid and insecure about meeting you as well, especially since you are the 'new' child of your (now) deceased father. I'm guessing they're afraid of their own feelings...

I think you should continue to peruse this if you can, but always keep your emotional health in mind. Best wishes.
[/b]
thank you

lizzes
08-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Maybe you should tell them to meet you somewhere neutral, like a restaurant. If they show up, then you can get to know them. If not, then that's your answer

mydestiny
08-11-2007, 10:27 AM
^^^^ good answer.

frazertif
08-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Maybe you should tell them to meet you somewhere neutral, like a restaurant. If they show up, then you can get to know them. If not, then that's your answer
[/b]

well, that is good advice but I now realize that it was just me being paranoid, and that they have been looking for me too, and I actually have been mislead by my mom I now know why my fam could not see me and I kinda think why my mom kept me away from my fam for so long.

PrincessDrRe
12-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Any updates?