PDA

View Full Version : I'm A Dummy

afroknots11412
08-15-2007, 04:59 PM
I recently combed out my locs and I needed a trim. I read that the best way to get your hair trimmed is when its straight. Anyways I went to my friends salon. Its a dominican salon.

I called myself a dummy because even after I read all the posts and comments, and did the research I still went and did it. I'm so ashamed.

When I was getting my hair done all I heard was "mal pelo" which means bad hair in spanish. I understand spanish I guess the ladies didn't count on that. They were saying my hair was too thick. Then I knew the question was coming. The stylist asked " why don't you get a perm".

I was so proud of my hair and just for a sec I felt bad but then I said you know why am I feeling bad. I have curly soft thick big hair and there is nothing wrong with that. The stylist are just lazy they don't want to work, like every one else they are so used to the so called "ease" of a chemical fire cream.

After they "burnt' my hair I reflected on how I had been easily swayed by my mom and friends. Often my loved ones asked "when you getting your hair done" or I wanna see how long it is.

Well now that my ends are cool now I can't wait to sweat it out and wash it. And the million dollar question ahs been answered: my hair is 14 inches long, 3 inches past my shoulders and 5 inches from my bra hook.

BrnNappyGrl
08-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Well this is another one for the flaming hot tool of hair torture/Blow dryer archives.

Sorry about your hair, but as you said, you knew better.

Yet another reason heat will never touch my hairruh. :icon_headshake: :icon_ShiftyEye: :noway:

deliahoch
08-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Don't beat yourself up too much because it won't change anything. It's just hair. If the heat damaged your hair, you can cut it off and start over. It will grow back. We all have our weak moments. Hang in there :hug:

afroknots11412
08-15-2007, 05:46 PM
thanks guys i'll get through it now that I know what I know.

knickld
08-15-2007, 05:51 PM
Well this is another one for the flaming hot tool of hair torture/Blow dryer archives.

Sorry about your hair, but as you said, you knew better.

Yet another reason heat will never touch my hairruh. :icon_headshake: :icon_ShiftyEye: :noway:
[/b]

I ummmm... :unsure: know someone who flamed their hair.... recently and their SO was pizzed.... and so she went to the bathroom on her lunchbreak at home and she wet her hair and it curled back up.... and on top of that her hair smelled burnt.... :unsure:

IwantLocs
08-15-2007, 06:01 PM
Good Luck, I hope it works out for You.......

scifisupergal
08-15-2007, 06:02 PM
featherstone

From the looks of your myspace page, my gosh your glowing. You look great!