PDA

View Full Version : I'm soooo excited.

reelcoochick
03-07-2004, 09:03 AM
Hey everyone
I am soooo excited because I just did my first big chop yesterday :cen . I mean I have less than an inch of hair, a real TWA. I like the look and I'm definitely glad that I went ahead and did it but now I'm a little lost on what kind of things to get such as combs, brushes, shampoo, conditioners, etc :-? . If anyone has any advice please feel free to drop me some knowledge because I need all that I can get right about now.

shay_shay_1
03-07-2004, 09:29 AM
I read somewhere on this site that soft but firm brushes should be used such as boar brushes. Also wide toothed combs are a good idea. As far as products are concerned...some people who are already natural have a product album at their fotki website. I suggest you check around albums of experienced nappys.

BlakReign
03-07-2004, 02:58 PM
As far as products your going to have to find out what your hair likes. But..I can make some rec's based on what has worked for me.

Boar Bristle Brush ( 5.59 @ Target)

Wide Toothed Comb ( 1.50 @ Sally's)

Condtioners:

Suave, Paul Mitchell, Pantene Relaxed and Natural line, Elasta QP..are the ones I have had good results with.

Shampoo-

Same as above, except for the Suave. But try to stay away from shampoo's with SLS in them because they strip your hair. A board favorite is Cream Of Nature. You can also try the no poo method. Which is washing your hair with conditioner instead of shampoo. That's where the cheap condtioners come in handy. Becuase you will run through them.

Invest in a good Deep condtioner. Africa's Best Hair Mayo has worked wonderes for my hair.

You will need a moisturizer..I use Shea Butter, and a few Carol's Daughter Products. Again this is Trial and Error.

I hope this helps you some. Congrats on your BC and good luck.

uzuri
03-07-2004, 11:57 PM
Congrats on your BC! :app :app Remember your hands too can be used to finger style your twa! :thumbsup