PDA

View Full Version : Boycott Duane Reade.

ValleyOfDecision
03-08-2004, 03:28 AM
I got this e-mail from a student group I'm in. Here it is copied and pasted.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

TAKE BACK THE PROFESSION!!!
Hey everyone-
I don't know if you have heard the disturbing news about Duane Reede
Drug Stores. As reported on WBAI on 2/26/04, a report put out from a Bronx City Council member's office this past week found that across the board, Duane Reede charges more for prescription drugs in New York’s Black and Latino Communities than it does in white ones. Duane Reede is the fastest growing drug store in the state and makes millions in profits due in part to racist practices. I urge you all

TO BOYCOTT DUANE REEDE AND SPREAD THE WORD.

Let the company know that we will not support deliberate or covert racist procedures. The report also found that across the board, Duane Reede charges much more for prescription drugs than “mom and pop” stores. In response to the release of the report, a Duane Reede spokes person stated that the report “was outdated” because data used was only collected up to June of 2003- a virtual acknowledgement that unequal pricing in communities of color was practiced at least through then.

I will try to find links with more information on this.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___