PDA

View Full Version : Antm

kmacbaje
08-25-2007, 08:42 AM
these chicks all look the same (cept Ambreal)...maybe there's no more hot chicks left in the population at large? :huh:

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheyd...013.html#cutid1 (http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/14881013.html#cutid1)

so i dunno when it starts but whenever it does i'll be there.

kmac

BlakMagic
08-25-2007, 09:05 AM
Well they are all pretty girls :P ...I never really thought of a good model as necessarily being hot, but edgy and unique looking...and that's where they loose points, none of them really stand out as far as I'm concerned ^_^

napturallyme
08-25-2007, 09:16 AM
I'm not impressed. They look like repeats of what they have had in the past.

journey_continues
08-25-2007, 04:50 PM
it looks like two are completely natural. :) i'm excited!

Reflection Journey
08-25-2007, 05:11 PM
[/b]

I totally agree!!!!!!

britni
08-25-2007, 05:13 PM
[/b]
You be right!! :D

MsTee
08-25-2007, 06:40 PM
:dunno:

Add me to the list of the unimpressed.

Alastri
08-25-2007, 07:11 PM
is anyone ever impressed?

and why is sarah a plus sized model? why does plus sized mean bigger than a size 4?!

puchi
08-25-2007, 07:28 PM
Ehhh none of these girls spark for me. I need to see their personalities.

MsShel330
08-25-2007, 07:41 PM
I'll reserve judgement until I see these girls "live".

I see beautiful girls all of the time so why isn't this show finding them? On the other hand, maybe those girls aren't auditioning and being beautiful in person doesn't always translate to film.

afromation
08-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Did Caridee win last cycle or has there been another cycle since then?

britni
08-26-2007, 10:43 AM
There's been another cycle since then. Jaslene won last time.

Queencece
08-26-2007, 10:47 AM
Its hard to keep up. I think the next cycle starts in Sept.

roxygirl
08-26-2007, 06:22 PM
[/b]
:lol: not since about, oh, the third cycle.

and why is sarah a plus sized model? why does plus sized mean bigger than a size 4?!
[/b]
i know, right? she looks like a size 6 to me, at the most. i think they categorize it by being a size 8 and up on this show. she definitely doesn't look like a plus-size model to me. when i think of plus-size models, i think kate dillon or mia tyler (though i have no idea what size they are, but i don't think they're an 8).

mahsoul1
08-26-2007, 07:15 PM

[/b]

I couldnt tell who was the plus-sized one. :unsure: On a commercial, there is the girl talking about being 5"10 and not being a size zero and so therefore she is plus-sized??? Well Im 5"9 and about 145 ( size 4-6) so that would make me plus-sized too? And a girl who is a size 8-10 or god forbid a 12 is...what...morbidly obese?
Ridiculousness. Why am I even bothered by this at this point?

redecouverte
08-26-2007, 09:46 PM
hello ladies,
i am not too impressed either....hmmm :(
have to see them live...

I hope Tyra won't change the natural girl during the makeover episode
it is also very hard to keep up since there are 2 seasons in a year and as a friend was saying, Tyra wants a supermodel but we don't see them after...what do they become???

anyways....as i was looking at the women, i was like oh no plus girls this season
and i was o-f-f-e-n-d-e-d by the fine print
she looks like a size 6!!!

Like Zanta says, what do size 14 and up represent??? obese?? <_<

meagan22
08-26-2007, 10:47 PM
i think they categorize it by being a size 8 and up on this show. she definitely doesn&#39;t look like a plus-size model to me. when i think of plus-size models, i think kate dillon or mia tyler (though i have no idea what size they are, but i don&#39;t think they&#39;re an 8).
[/b]
I think I remember Tyra saying that for the majority of people in the industry &#39;plus sized&#39; means a woman who wears a size 8/10. Kate Dillon and Mia Tyler both wear double-digit sizes (both of them biger than size 10), so they&#39;re plus sized by laymen&#39;s standards.

Is it messed up that I read the spoilers on TWoP and already know where the season finale is going to be?

roxygirl
08-27-2007, 02:36 PM
I think I remember Tyra saying that for the majority of people in the industry &#39;plus sized&#39; means a woman who wears a size 8/10. Kate Dillon and Mia Tyler both wear double-digit sizes (both of them biger than size 10), so they&#39;re plus sized by laymen&#39;s standards.

Is it messed up that I read the spoilers on TWoP and already know where the season finale is going to be?
[/b]
ah, thanks for the clarification! :) i understand why designers want most of their models a certain size, but i don&#39;t think i&#39;ll ever understand how an 8 can be considered plus-sized by anyone!

:lol: @ you reading the spoilers. i may as well - the seasons (excuse me - cycles) really have nothing to offer anymore, anyway.

childofmist
08-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Ebony was on the Chicago news this morning...I hope she gets kicked off the first episode :rolleyes:

prettynatural
08-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Yeah, I have to see them in action before I form an opinion. But I&#39;m a full blown hard core ANTM addict, (I even watch the re-runs religously) so best believe I WILL be watching. I really don&#39;t have a choice in the matter! :lol:

meccadon
08-29-2007, 03:41 PM
it looks like two are completely natural. :) i&#39;m excited!
[/b]

It looked that way to me too, but they faked me out with ol&#39; girl with the afro weave a season or two a ago. Plus like someone else touched on, ain&#39;t not tellin&#39; if they&#39;ll STAY natural after make-overs.

kmacbaje
08-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Sept 19th ladies! have yall seen the futuristic promo pics? kinda hot.

kmac

Big Teezy
08-29-2007, 05:59 PM
It looked that way to me too, but they faked me out with ol&#39; girl with the afro weave a season or two a ago. Plus like someone else touched on, ain&#39;t not tellin&#39; if they&#39;ll STAY natural after make-overs.[/b]

I agree and I feel that Brandy and Jade really came on with Fro&#39;s thinking it will make Tyra give them long hair in the makeovers. They both wanted long straight hair as I remember. But they ended up with very short hair and didnt like it.

Secrets
08-30-2007, 07:51 AM
I agree they all look the same as the last ones, but I see two napptural beauties, hope one of them win that cycle.

Lovelocks
08-30-2007, 12:43 PM
ChildofMist why do you want her to get kicked off?

meagan22
09-05-2007, 10:42 PM
:lol: @ you reading the spoilers. i may as well - the seasons (excuse me - cycles) really have nothing to offer anymore, anyway.
[/b]
Girl, do yourself a favor and read the spoilers. If they&#39;re actually true, it&#39;ll soften the blow of the mind-numbingly stupid &#39;controversies&#39; and &#39;surprises&#39; that are in store for this cycle. If they&#39;re not true, then they&#39;re still good for a laugh :lol: .

LadyBug13
09-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Off topic, but not really: So far, I&#39;ve seen two of ANTM finalists: Eva and Nic.

I saw Eva at Atlantic Station a while back. One of my friends saw her in line at the Bank of America near the Atlanta University Center.

I saw Nic last weekend downtown near Georgia State at the Sheraton Hotel.

meagan22
09-18-2007, 03:30 AM
BUMPing to post a little bit of ANTM related deliciousness: Old School Nigel Barker
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/6095/nb11mb9.jpg

If cloning wasn&#39;t creepy and weird I&#39;d totally buy some of his DNA off EBAY so I could grow my own Nigel :wub:

kmacbaje
09-18-2007, 11:39 AM
nigel is a hottie - :wub:

and y was i soooooo advance ? i totally forgot it was coming on soon. LOL

kmac

cristalena
09-18-2007, 08:37 PM
BUMPing to post a little bit of ANTM related deliciousness: Old School Nigel Barker
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/6095/nb11mb9.jpg[/b]

I saw that picture in someone&#39;s livejournal icon/avatar a few weeks ago, and I haven&#39;t been the same since.

I&#39;d hit it x10000000.

napturallyme
09-19-2007, 12:37 PM
:wub: Nigel

LadyBug13
09-19-2007, 06:14 PM
It comes on tonight!

napturallyme
09-19-2007, 06:26 PM
One of the girl&#39;s names is Spontanious :unsure: of course she would be the ghetto one in the group

Young B
09-19-2007, 06:35 PM
One of the girl&#39;s names is Spontanious :unsure: of course she would be the ghetto one in the group
[/b]
And most likely one of the first ones kicked off <_<

..and Nigel :wub:

GalaxyGirl2012
09-19-2007, 07:05 PM
nigel looks better older and balder. his younger pics look a little ...mheh.. to me.

my faves this season are ambreal, heather and jennifer (is that the girl w/ the short red hair?)

napturallyme
09-19-2007, 07:08 PM
nigel looks better older and balder. his younger pics look a little ...mheh.. to me.
my faves this season are ambreal, heather and jennifer (is that the girl w/ the short red hair?)
[/b]

IA about Nigel

So far I like Lisa, Ambreal, Selesia (sp), Heather and Jena (I think that&#39;s her name the one with the short red hair).

I&#39;m tired of the b*tchy black girl in the 1st episode (Ebony) and again it&#39;s a girl from my area :Angry:

Batyah
09-19-2007, 07:16 PM
[/b]
Her name is Spontanise!? lol!! But what I wanna know is... what the fogg is a Spontanise? PULEEZEE somebody explain that to me! I&#39;m still trippin over that name. For that alone, I did not want her to make the final cut.

I did want Marvita to make it. :( Her look is edgy... different... but oh well.

But I&#39;m a full blown hard core ANTM addict, (I even watch the re-runs religously) so best believe I WILL be watching. I really don&#39;t have a choice in the matter! :lol:
[/b]
Ok. You got me beat! I thought I was a hardcore ANTM addict. lol!!!

cristalena
09-19-2007, 08:11 PM
My early favorites are Heather and Lisa (JERSEY CITY!!! I wonder what high school she went to). Lisa reminds me of Alicia Keys. I think I like Jenah and Janet too.

Chantal reminds me a little of Caridee.

Think Saleisha&#39;s "T-Zone" affiliation has anything to do with her making it to the finals? Hmmm. Of course, she&#39;s this cycle&#39;s "Baby Tyra" (must they have a little Tyra clone EVERY cycle?).

southernbelllle
09-19-2007, 08:23 PM
are there repeats?
i missed the first episode.

nevermind, ill catch it on cw network website

journey_continues
09-19-2007, 08:23 PM
is anyone ever impressed?[/b]

i was season 1 and 2. when it was joahana vs ...what&#39;s her name? mercedes, that was the ****! they were REAL models working there stuff!

tyra is so embarassing! for real....it&#39;s so cheesy and bad..you know ima watch it anyway!

missladee622
09-20-2007, 06:28 AM
I missed it. :(

clover
09-20-2007, 08:01 AM
I missed it. :(
[/b]
Me too. Completely forgot that it moved to CW and there I was waiting for it to come on on UPN. Ugh!

mathspan
09-20-2007, 09:53 AM
You can usually catch the full length episodes on the CW website.

http://www.cwtv.com

Knsoroma
09-20-2007, 10:13 AM
You can usually catch the full length episodes on the CW website.

http://www.cwtv.com
[/b]

FANTASTIC!! I had no idea! Thanks mathspan!!

vinny_46
09-20-2007, 10:34 AM
Marvita&#39;s hair rocked my world. :Cool_049: I don&#39;t know if I could pull off a mohawk, but she sure is wearing it well. I was very disappointed when she didn&#39;t make it in. :( Beautiful bone structure. But I suppose there isn&#39;t much they could do to transform her, and that&#39;s prettymuch the storyline of the show.

Ambreal also had pretty hair.

Nice to see a couple of naturals in the mix.

I like Lisa...the stripper thing, um.. :unsure: It&#39;s really sad to see a pretty girl do that to herself. She must&#39;ve really been through some ish. Her bikini photo looked fantastic.

Ebony was too much :rolleyes:

Think Saleisha&#39;s "T-Zone" affiliation has anything to do with her making it to the finals? Hmmm. Of course, she&#39;s this cycle&#39;s "Baby Tyra" (must they have a little Tyra clone EVERY cycle?).
[/b]
She looks like Kesse from cycle 1.

I don&#39;t remember the happy-happy blonde girl&#39;s name, but my mouth dropped when Tyra picked her first. :huh: She&#39;s a hot-buttered mess!

tyra is so embarassing! for real....it&#39;s so cheesy and bad..you know ima watch it anyway!
[/b]

When she did that musical number I almost changed the channel. Almost, lol!

mathspan
09-20-2007, 10:40 AM
Marvita&#39;s hair rocked my world. :Cool_049: I don&#39;t know if I could pull off a mohawk, but she sure is wearing it well. I was very disappointed when she didn&#39;t make it in. :( Beautiful bone structure. But I suppose there isn&#39;t much they could do to transform her, and that&#39;s prettymuch the storyline of the show.

[/b]

I was too mad that they got me all in love with Marvita and that funky &#39;hawk and then cut her.

I think the autistic girl is going to surprise everyone. She&#39;s an absolute mess behind the camera, but in front of it, looks like she&#39;s going put in some good work.

Ms. Jolly is already on my nerves.

The thing about this show is that the same kind of girls are cast each cycle. The awkward girl with no confidence, the b****, the Tyra look-a-like, the troubled girl that Tyra likes to use so that she can seem like she single-handedly turned the girl&#39;s life around, the ghetto girl who must be saved from her $25 burgundy weave, the 3-4 girls who are so blah that we won&#39;t even remember them after they all get eliminated in the first month. Gotta make sure you slide in somebody whose mama is a crackhead, and Tyra scores bonus points if her daddy is a crackhead too.

It gets old... but I keep watching.

YorubaQueen
09-20-2007, 10:43 AM
mathspan...that&#39;s a really good analysis of the tyra show...
when she was talking to the girl that was the female dog for the show, i was like tyra...this aint whatever channel her talk show comes on...this is the MODELING show...NOT THE TALK show...
leave the questions for your other job
and i&#39;m real mad at tyra for puttin the autistic girl on there. tyra put her on there OH SO FOR ratings. y&#39;all know she&#39;s going to have a social mental breakdown somewhere during week 5-6 and tyra&#39;s gonna have to bring on a shrink and stuff and then she&#39;ll be on her talk show during week 7-8 WATCH :lol:

mathspan
09-20-2007, 11:10 AM
and i&#39;m real mad at tyra for puttin the autistic girl on there. tyra put her on there OH SO FOR ratings. y&#39;all know she&#39;s going to have a social mental breakdown somewhere during week 5-6 and tyra&#39;s gonna have to bring on a shrink and stuff and then she&#39;ll be on her talk show during week 7-8 WATCH :lol:
[/b]

Nah, she won&#39;t call on a shrink. She&#39;ll just give her one of those patented Tyra hugs, maybe even let 3 choreographed tears roll down her face and the girl will be cured for life. Don&#39;t you know Tyra is the Chosen One? All you need to do is be touched by her and your troubles are gone.

I like Tyra, but she really tries too hard to be all deep and down to earth. If you have to TRY to be down to earth, then, baby, you&#39;re missing the mark.

kmacbaje
09-20-2007, 12:32 PM
Nah, she won&#39;t call on a shrink. She&#39;ll just give her one of those patented Tyra hugs, maybe even let 3 choreographed tears roll down her face and the girl will be cured for life. Don&#39;t you know Tyra is the Chosen One? All you need to do is be touched by her and your troubles are gone.

I like Tyra, but she really tries too hard to be all deep and down to earth. If you have to TRY to be down to earth, then, baby, you&#39;re missing the mark.
[/b]

LOL mathspan! something was up with trya&#39;s "look". her face dint look quite right like it was toooo much plaster and it wasn&#39;t her shade and.......dunno....

i loved marvita-sucks that they kicked her off after they made her relive her crap. I actually like ebony now cuz u never know what someone&#39;s been thru and it would be nice to rehab her-not just for the show but for her to have a better fulfilled life...other than that it was all white chicks it seemed like and i&#39;m kinda like ummmm ok.

and i have to take it back-jaslene needs to eat some food! the clothes were hanging off her shoulders!! where is some arroz con pollo when u need it!

kmac

meagan22
09-20-2007, 12:56 PM
I don&#39;t remember the happy-happy blonde girl&#39;s name, but my mouth dropped when Tyra picked her first. :huh: She&#39;s a hot-buttered mess![/b]
I was surprised too. She&#39;s awfully jiggly to be so small ( before anyone goes of on a tyrade I know all too well that small doesn&#39;t equal toned/fit. I was still shocking to me).

[/b]
Me too. :lol: I see that she borrowed a pair of those extra shiney, too-light pantyhose from her friend Beyonce. :lol:

meccadon
09-20-2007, 01:03 PM

Ambreal also had pretty hair.

Nice to see a couple of naturals in the mix.

I like Lisa...the stripper thing, um.. :unsure: It&#39;s really sad to see a pretty girl do that to herself. She must&#39;ve really been through some ish. Her bikini photo looked fantastic.

Ebony was too much :rolleyes:
She looks like Kesse from cycle 1.

I don&#39;t remember the happy-happy blonde girl&#39;s name, but my mouth dropped when Tyra picked her first. :huh: She&#39;s a hot-buttered mess!
[/b]

ITA! I was sad about Marvita too.....they went all into her pain then passed her up. It sucks!

I was too mad that they got me all in love with Marvita and that funky &#39;hawk and then cut her.

I think the autistic girl is going to surprise everyone. She&#39;s an absolute mess behind the camera, but in front of it, looks like she&#39;s going put in some good work.

The thing about this show is that the same kind of girls are cast each cycle. The awkward girl with no confidence, the b****, the Tyra look-a-like, the troubled girl that Tyra likes to use so that she can seem like she single-handedly turned the girl&#39;s life around, the ghetto girl who must be saved from her $25 burgundy weave, the 3-4 girls who are so blah that we won&#39;t even remember them after they all get eliminated in the first month. Gotta make sure you slide in somebody whose mama is a crackhead, and Tyra scores bonus points if her daddy is a crackhead too.

It gets old... but I keep watching.
[/b]

You are really telling the truth.....

DeepBluSea
09-20-2007, 04:55 PM

It gets old... but I keep watching.[/b]

Yep. You pretty much wrapped up the whole show. I&#39;m sick of Tyra trying to make people cry every episode. Like she wants to hear bad news.

but, I will be watching this season, too. :blush:

LadyBug13
09-20-2007, 05:07 PM
My faves right now are these two:

Janet
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/hawaii_bombay/ONTD/ONTD%204/janet2.jpg

Ambreal
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/hawaii_bombay/ONTD/ONTD%204/ambreal2.jpg

LilShortRib
09-21-2007, 04:41 PM
One of the girl&#39;s names is Spontanious of course she would be the ghetto one in the group[/b]
I saw that and I was like whoa they found her at the flea on a Saturday getting her nails done and buying her weave and earrings from the same booth... I had to have DH translate her name for me cuz I didn&#39;t know what in the hayell that was supposed to say...

Imma need that other girl with the $25 weave to leave the coloring to the professionals. Her forehead was red also - did ya&#39;ll see that??? Let a colorist do your hair, baby, leave the kit at CVS...

I knew ya&#39;ll would be disappointed about Marvita because I sure was. There were some other folks chosen that Marvita woulda blown outta the water...

The thing about this show is that the same kind of girls are cast each cycle. The awkward girl with no confidence, the b****, the Tyra look-a-like, the troubled girl that Tyra likes to use so that she can seem like she single-handedly turned the girl&#39;s life around, the ghetto girl who must be saved from her $25 burgundy weave, the 3-4 girls who are so blah that we won&#39;t even remember them after they all get eliminated in the first month. Gotta make sure you slide in somebody whose mama is a crackhead, and Tyra scores bonus points if her daddy is a crackhead too. [/b]
So true, so true, and don&#39;t forget the &#39;plus-sized&#39; :rolleyes: girl with the fab attitude that gets deflated once the competition starts because Tyra knows d@mn well she ain&#39;t gonna have any clothes for the girl to wear during the competition, and the girl has to deal with living in the house with other girls twice as skinny, and then when her confidence wanes the judges&#39; panel chastizes her and then kicks her off anyways cuz you know they ain&#39;t NEVA gonna have a fat winner of ANTM...

roxygirl
09-22-2007, 10:40 AM
mathspan, you broke it down! that is tyra to a T. i felt bad when ebony started talking about her family life, but i knew tyra was up to her same old tricks. <_<

... before anyone goes of on a tyrade
[/b]
:lol: you know you need to stop :lol:

My faves right now are these two:

Janet
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/hawaii_bombay/ONTD/ONTD%204/janet2.jpg
Ambreal
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/hawaii_bombay/ONTD/ONTD%204/ambreal2.jpg
[/b]
those two are my faves, also. :) i like saleisha and think she&#39;s a beautiful girl, but i think she definitely got on the show just because she went to tyra&#39;s camp. did anyone notice when tyra said in the interview that she was going to be extra hard on her? doesn&#39;t that sound like she&#39;d already made up her mind? :huh:

GalaxyGirl2012
09-22-2007, 11:28 AM
saleisha just sounds too much like salacious to me. we need a name change.

i guess i was in the minority cus i didnt like marvita. loved her hair and she had beautiful bone structure but shoot she would have been a nenneh multiplied by 50 in trying to prove how hard arsed and stoic she was. neneh was pretty but her pictures were boring.

go autistic, hump girl, ambreal, janet!

meagan22
09-22-2007, 11:03 PM
i guess i was in the minority cus i didnt like marvita.[/b]
My final verdict was also a &#39;nay&#39; to Marvita. I liked her until she smiled and showed us that she has more gums than teeth. If she could get a gum reduction she&#39;d be fierce!

Queencece
09-23-2007, 01:22 AM
I really like Janet too. As for the others, we will see.

puchi
09-23-2007, 03:44 PM
Is a repeat going to come on tonight? (Sunday)

MsShel330
09-23-2007, 07:01 PM
Yes, I&#39;m watching the rebroadcast now. I didn&#39;t know that it had started already.

puchi
09-23-2007, 09:30 PM
So I got a chance to watch the rebroadcast. These girls are interesting. I like the girl from Jersey City (the exotic dancer) and the girl from Queens. (Only because she is from Queens.)

Im looking forward to this season!

Knsoroma
09-24-2007, 06:52 PM
I like the Yale girl (Heather); and autism girl. I want to see red weave girls makeover.

[/b]

Yeah I liked Marvita too.

Happy girl and "regular size" girl...I thought well Tyra needs a couple people to easily cut

LuvThosNaps
09-25-2007, 04:54 PM
I will be doing the usual. Recording the show on Wednesdays, watching it on Thursdays with the GF. Maybe making a bet or two on who the winner will be. I won&#39;t make the bet till Thursday though, I want to see them in competition form once before I start wagering anything on anyone.

meagan22
09-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Courtesy of Rich @ fourfour:
http://fourfour.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/09/23/ebony_chocula.jpg

It aint nothin&#39; but the TRUTH! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ellistar
09-26-2007, 06:08 PM
Why is Bianca always hating on Lisa?

Queencece
09-26-2007, 06:43 PM
I like Lisa.
Bianca is jealous and insecure. She was bold though when she told Lisa to go home. I was like, whoa. That&#39;s wild!
Why is everyone picking on Heather? She&#39;s different. Okay?! Move on!
What is up with Ms. Jay&#39;s head? Its extra weird.

journey_continues
09-26-2007, 07:09 PM
bianca&#39;s a major bia!

oh my god guys, miss jay has natural hair, who would&#39;ve thought?

vinny_46
09-26-2007, 07:22 PM
It was terrible to hear those girls talk about Heather -- she could hear them! :Angry: And Kimberly, saying her game plan was not talking to her so that Heather wouldn&#39;t want to be friends with her. She made me sick. As did Bianca. She was way outta line with the way she spoke to Lisa.

I thought Ebony would be the b*tch of the house. Bianca stole that crown.

They definitely eliminated the right person. Mila the Airhead. I wonder if she&#39;s laughing now...

Heather takes very nice photos. It&#39;s so sad that she won&#39;t make it to the end.

IMO Yale girl doesn&#39;t belong there at all. I just don&#39;t see the model in her, Tyra&#39;s really stretching that.

Can&#39;t wait until the makeover episode! :P

Queencece
09-26-2007, 07:29 PM
oh my god guys, miss jay has natural hair, who would&#39;ve thought?
[/b]

Is that what it is? I thought it was a wig. :dunno:

journey_continues
09-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Is that what it is? I thought it was a wig. :dunno:
[/b]
since it was so short i thought it was real!

mathspan
09-26-2007, 08:57 PM
since it was so short i thought it was real!
[/b]

That hair makes him look like J. J. in the last season of Good Times. You know, that curly fro. All he needs is that part on the side and a turtleneck and he&#39;ll be &#39;bout ready for a Good Times revival.

afromation
09-26-2007, 09:07 PM
I&#39;m ready for Bianca to go.

I&#39;m glad they sent Mila home. I think the Yale girl should be next.

Lisa worked her shoot. Her photo was my favorite.

mahsoul1
09-26-2007, 10:08 PM

[/b]

Me too! She reminds me of girls from high school who were really insecure and liked to pick on people to make themselves feel better. Grow up! <_< I too thought that Mila should have gone home and Bianca should have gone too---I dont see model when I look at her.

IA with Nigel that Ebony is the the most beautiful of the girls and Heather is a very close second. The other girls were being very very childish.

meccadon
09-26-2007, 10:23 PM
It was terrible to hear those girls talk about Heather -- she could hear them! :Angry: And Kimberly, saying her game plan was not talking to her so that Heather wouldn&#39;t want to be friends with her. She made me sick. As did Bianca. She was way outta line with the way she spoke to Lisa.

They definitely eliminated the right person. Mila the Airhead. I wonder if she&#39;s laughing now...

[/b]

It&#39;s so funny to see the girls state things and look like a hypocrite from the live action and their interview. ^Ummm, that would be Bianca! She is pretty girl, but she looked real ugly tonite.....

I think the girls may need to be educated about Autism. I know I don&#39;t know enough about it and some of their behavior towards Heather has been deplorable.

[/b]

Lisa is one of my favorites too. Her photo was the best of the bunch to me.

Okay, Mila about mid-nose up looked weird to me. She looked cross-eyed in her pic and her eyes look as if she&#39;s surprised 24/7. She is pretty, but again mid-nose up, looks odd in some way. I wouldn&#39;t have picked her and didn&#39;t mind seeing her go.

cristalena
09-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Okay, Mila about mid-nose up looked weird to me. She looked cross-eyed in her pic and her eyes look as if she&#39;s surprised 24/7. She is pretty, but again mid-nose up, looks odd in some way. I wouldn&#39;t have picked her and didn&#39;t mind seeing her go.
[/b]

She reminds me of a blonde Lucy from 7th Heaven. Not a good look.

http://images.askmen.com/imagessexsymbol/2002_sep/beverley_mitchell/beverley_mitchell_150.jpg

femmefatales
09-26-2007, 10:47 PM
Courtesy of Rich @ fourfour:
http://fourfour.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/09/23/ebony_chocula.jpg

It aint nothin&#39; but the TRUTH! :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/b]
You are killing me!

That hair makes him look like J. J. in the last season of Good Times. You know, that curly fro. All he needs is that part on the side and a turtleneck and he&#39;ll be &#39;bout ready for a Good Times revival.
[/b]
:lol:

I like Heather a lot, I think she&#39;s gorgeous.
There is a boy at my center who behaves in a similar manner and his mother always thanks us for being so patient with him because the situation is not so good at school.

I don&#39;t think she could hear the girls talking when she was brushing her teeth though. These shows are very creative with the editing and voice-overs.

Bianca is so wack, you just attacking people out the blue, for a second I thought Lisa was about to get in that a$$.

I&#39;m sorry I just don&#39;t see this Ebony "the most beautiful girl" thingy at all.

mathspan
09-27-2007, 01:07 AM
It was terrible to hear those girls talk about Heather -- she could hear them! :Angry: [/b]

I really feel for Heather. I think it would be helpful if the girls just knew more about Asperger&#39;s syndrome. They appear to not be misinformed, but not informed at all. Like the girl worried that Heather might become too attached to her. Well, for many autistic people, even a mild form like Asperger&#39;s, you typically don&#39;t have to worry about them becoming too socially attached. Difficulty forming those relationships is one of the indicators of autistic spectrum disorders.

So maybe if they just knew more and didn&#39;t just chalk Heather up to being girl with a bunch of problems who is generally "weird," they might be more tolerant and accept that as part of her. I admit that Heather would weird out most people who did not understand either than she has a problem, or didn&#39;t understand the nature of the problem. But I think they&#39;re afraid of her because they DON&#39;T know.

And I&#39;m just trying to imagine how ADHD and Asberger&#39;s coexist in one person without driving them nutso. Another aspect of autistic disorders is that people become very fixated on certain items or habits. But I&#39;d imagine that her attention deficit would make it hard for her to fixate on things. They wouldn&#39;t cancel each other out necessarily.

Anyway, the girls need to learn about what makes Heather the way she is. And if they&#39;re still so afraid that they keep her at arms length and treat her as less than human, then they have no excuse.

vixxen13
09-27-2007, 01:09 AM
I don&#39;t think she could hear the girls talking when she was brushing her teeth though. These shows are very creative with the editing and voice-overs.

I&#39;m sorry I just don&#39;t see this Ebony "the most beautiful girl" thingy at all.
[/b]
I agree, I don&#39;t think she heard them as much as it looked like. Also I see Ebony as one of the least attractive. Her hair doesn&#39;t go with her face. Why is my man [Nigel] talkin&#39; bout she is sooo beautiful. I&#39;ma have to slap him tonight when we go to bed.

oh my 2 least favorites were in the bottom 2. I&#39;m a genius. Girl who lost looks like a mouse.

caramelaggie
09-27-2007, 06:38 AM

Heather takes very nice photos. It&#39;s so sad that she won&#39;t make it to the end.

IMO Yale girl doesn&#39;t belong there at all. I just don&#39;t see the model in her, Tyra&#39;s really stretching that.

Can&#39;t wait until the makeover episode! :P
[/b]

You know they were wrong for talking about that girl. But we have to remember that they are young.

I am dying laughing at the comment about Mila talking about who is laughing now?

I cannot wait for the makeover episode because they have to do something with Bianca’s hair. If she gets her attitude in check I really think she could be fierce.

[/b]

:lol: :lol: :lol: I hope that is a wig!

[/b]

I agree, I don&#39;t think she heard them as much as it looked like. Also I see Ebony as one of the least attractive. Her hair doesn&#39;t go with her face. Why is my man [Nigel] talkin&#39; bout she is sooo beautiful. I&#39;ma have to slap him tonight when we go to bed.
oh my 2 least favorites were in the bottom 2. I&#39;m a genius. Girl who lost looks like a mouse.
[/b]

:lol: :lol: :lol: I dont get it. I really dont think that Ebony is all that cute. For me its something about her top lip or the way she holds it.

Another thing, while I respect Tyra for going green and making this a no –smoking cycle, is it really fair to do that to the girls when she knows some of them smoke. I mean is she providing a patch or some nicotine gum. Give the girls something……………†…………

vixxen13
09-27-2007, 10:27 AM
Another thing, while I respect Tyra for going green and making this a no –smoking cycle, is it really fair to do that to the girls when she knows some of them smoke. I mean is she providing a patch or some nicotine gum. Give the girls something……………†…………
[/b]
Yeah I think that is messed up. She&#39;s just makin them go cold turkey. And that bus they ride in, smh, they need to show people that going green doesn&#39;t have to mean butt ugly. Every other season had limos and they get a minibus/van. Damn shame.

meccadon
09-27-2007, 10:36 AM
I liked the bus! :P

kurliehead
09-27-2007, 11:11 AM
I know TyTy was trying to make a statement but that had to be the most stupidest (yes, I know it’s not a real word) photo shoot ever in the history of the show! I know smoking is dangerous and all that, but the reflections in the mirror were way to the extreme, especially the burn victim. How many people do you know that have set themselves on fire while smoking a cigarette? :unsure: Before anyone mentions him, Richard Pryor (R.I.P.) doesn’t count because he was freebasing not smoking a cig.

Also, I don’t like how those stank azz heffas are sitting around having powwows talking mess about Heather. I wish someone would say something in her defense. :Angry: The ones that just sit there and say nothing are just as stank to me. <_< I was so glad she was one of the first names called. Did you guys see their faces when TyTy called her name? :lol:

meccadon
09-27-2007, 11:24 AM
I know TyTy was trying to make a statement but that had to be the most stupidest (yes, I know it’s not a real word) photo shoot ever in the history of the show! I know smoking is dangerous and all that, but the reflections in the mirror were way to the extreme, especially the burn victim. How many people do you know that have set themselves on fire while smoking a cigarette? :unsure: Before anyone mentions him, Richard Pryor (R.I.P.) doesn’t count because he was freebasing not smoking a cig.

Also, I don’t like how those stank azz heffas are sitting around having powwows talking mess about Heather. I wish someone would say something in her defense. :Angry: The ones that just sit there and say nothing are just as stank to me. <_< I was so glad she was one of the first names called. Did you guys see their faces when TyTy called her name? :lol:
[/b]

Hey, Kurliehead :D I don&#39;t have stats or anything, but a lot of people did die or hurt others in fires by smoking and falling asleep with a lit cigarette. I would hear about it in the news when tragedy struck in such a way and it was taught to me by firemen when I was coming up in school. Some people would fall asleep, cause a fire, and realize they survived but they killed a child or someone else to fire or smoke inhalation. In some cases the couch or bed they fell asleep on would be set aflame and the person would die of burns or be burned severely. It does happen.

I also recall in Philadelphia the fire departments had art work with a beautiful girl with half her face burned in efforts for fire pervention and warning. Tyra is not the first to enlist this imagery.

kurliehead
09-27-2007, 12:01 PM
^^^Thanks for the info. I&#39;ve heard of people burning the house down, shoot even my crazy aunt burned down her family home by falling asleep while smoking, but never heard of someone setting themselves on fire. You really do learn something new everyday. :D

vixxen13
09-27-2007, 02:22 PM
I&#39;m thinking that no smoking cycle thing was a spur of the moment thing, since only 1 girl smoked and she got all teary during the shoot. So Tyra quickly thought of way to capitalize on it. I bet if 7 girls smoked they wouldn&#39;t have made that rule.

vinny_46
09-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Why is my man [Nigel] talkin&#39; bout she is sooo beautiful. I&#39;ma have to slap him tonight when we go to bed.
[/b]

Another thing, while I respect Tyra for going green and making this a no –smoking cycle, is it really fair to do that to the girls when she knows some of them smoke. I mean is she providing a patch or some nicotine gum. Give the girls something……………†…………[/b]
Oh, Tyra knows what she&#39;s doing. If those girls can&#39;t get that nicotine, they&#39;ll go from zero to b*tch in 60 seconds. RATINGS! Ch-ching! :lol:

But I do like the green theme of the season.

kurliehead
09-27-2007, 02:41 PM

Oh, Tyra knows what she&#39;s doing. If those girls can&#39;t get that nicotine, they&#39;ll go from zero to b*tch in 60 seconds. RATINGS! Ch-ching! :lol:

[/b]

Either that or they will all start stuffing their faces and become plus-sized.. :)

caramelaggie
09-27-2007, 02:53 PM

[/b]

That is what I thought as well.

Either that or they will all start stuffing their faces and become plus-sized.. :)
[/b]
:lol: :lol: :D

MsShel330
10-03-2007, 06:18 PM
I was standing next to Roy Campbell last Saturday at Happy Harry&#39;s (a local drugstore chain). I think he was wearing the same black shirt and slacks :P He was talking to some tall handsome piece of caramel, a male model I think because they were talking about modeling.

Bianca was not better than Saleisha, she needs to calm down.
The name Saleisha makes me think of the word salacious, not a good association.

napturallyme
10-03-2007, 06:41 PM
Saleshia reminds me of 2 girls from the past seasons, can&#39;t remember their names. They start out strong, look like Tyra, and by the 3rd or 4th episode they fall off and get eliminated.

Bianca reminds me so much of Keyshia Cole. She&#39;s pretty, but not a model pretty.

journey_continues
10-03-2007, 07:19 PM
more ambreal time please!

i hate that the camera isn&#39;t on her!

cristalena
10-03-2007, 09:48 PM
more ambreal time please!

i hate that the camera isn&#39;t on her!
[/b]

:(

I think Ambreal is so boring looking. Cute, but nothing striking about her at all.

meccadon
10-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Bianca reminds me so much of Keyshia Cole. She&#39;s pretty, but not a model pretty.
[/b]

^Same here! She so reminds me of her. Yet, Bianca needs to quit putting so much energy in her competition faltering and plotting their downfall. It&#39;s gonna bite her in the azz big time.

meagan22
10-03-2007, 10:58 PM
[/b]
Exactly.

When&#39;s the last time you saw a nutritionist or a trainer on ANTM. Cycle 3, maybe cycle 4?

It was very smart of Tyrant to get rid of the cigs but not place any kind of limit on the booze or food, because we all know how much fun gluttony, weight gain, and drunken antics can be! ;) :P

Bianca is really working hard to maximize her camera time. I do think that she has a genuinely bad attitude, but I also think she&#39;s putting in over time so she can be on the show longer. Her pics aren&#39;t outstanding, but they&#39;re not completely awful either, so I think they&#39;ll be keeping her for drama.

afromation
10-03-2007, 11:05 PM
I missed today&#39;s episode :(

Was this the makeover episode? Who went home?

Soul Rebel
10-04-2007, 12:53 AM
I&#39;m watching my TiVo of this right now...not understanding why Victoria is in the competition...

caramelaggie
10-04-2007, 06:48 AM
I am so over Bianca and her attitude. It is so extra and not the business.

vinny_46
10-04-2007, 07:07 AM
..not understanding why Victoria is in the competition...
[/b]

Thank you!

I can&#39;t wait until makeovers next week. Who is getting all of their hair cut off?! :pop:

I hope it&#39;s Victoria. I think that&#39;s the only way she&#39;d look unique enough to model.

missladee622
10-04-2007, 07:10 AM
I am so over Bianca and her attitude. It is so extra and not the business.
[/b]

Am I the only one who can&#39;t stand to hear her talk?!?! Last night was the 1st episode that I&#39;ve been able to catch this season. I&#39;m so loving Ambreal, I hope they don&#39;t try to relax her next week, I love her look!!!!

caramelaggie
10-04-2007, 07:29 AM
Am I the only one who can&#39;t stand to hear her talk?!?! Last night was the 1st episode that I&#39;ve been able to catch this season. I&#39;m so loving Ambreal, I hope they don&#39;t try to relax her next week, I love her look!!!!
[/b]

Bianca’s voice and attitude I think is my main problem. But I will give it to her she does have the quote of the week. “ Don’t let the red hair fool you I can do couture.” BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually think she is a pretty girl and hopefully her look will come together when Tyra gets a hold of her week main.

I doubt that Tyra will relax Ambreal’s hair but you never know. I am anxious to see whose hair is going to get kicked off. I don’t know what the girl’s name is that got kicked off last night, but I didn’t think that she deserved to go.

Am I the only one that sees Ebony has a stiff neck? I just don’t get her or her look.

Right now I like Saliciea (sp.) but I doubt she will make it all the way.

missladee622
10-04-2007, 07:36 AM
Bianca’s voice and attitude I think is my main problem. But I will give it to her she does have the quote of the week. “ Don’t let the red hair fool you I can do couture.” BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually think she is a pretty girl and hopefully her look will come together when Tyra gets a hold of her week main.

I doubt that Tyra will relax Ambreal’s hair but you never know. I am anxious to see whose hair is going to get kicked off. I don’t know what the girl’s name is that got kicked off last night, but I didn’t think that she deserved to go.

Am I the only one that sees Ebony has a stiff neck? I just don’t get her or her look.

Right now I like Saliciea (sp.) but I doubt she will make it all the way.
[/b]

Yeah I don&#39;t get Ebony at all, I don&#39;t think she&#39;ll be on much longer.

Salesha (sp?!) is good, but I don&#39;t know if her look is edgy enough to make it to the end.

I kinda like that girl who called herself a nerd. She was different. :lol:

Yep...makeover week will definitely be interesting!!!

Ms-gg
10-04-2007, 08:02 AM
ambreal (I fell close to her because her name rhymes with mine, Gabrielle) is killin it! Everytime I see her photos/runway walk Im like "Go boo! Go Gabrielle" :lol: I wish

crashcor13
10-04-2007, 08:27 AM
I hate to hear Bianca talk and it&#39;s not just because of her bad attitude. I feel that if your tongue ring is preventing you speaking clealy, perhaps you don&#39;t need it. She slurs some of her words, almost as if she has a mouth full of saliva. ewww!

btw, I didn&#39;t really like her photo last night.

femmefatales
10-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Bianca is really working hard to maximize her camera time. I do think that she has a genuinely bad attitude, but I also think she&#39;s putting in over time so she can be on the show longer. Her pics aren&#39;t outstanding, but they&#39;re not completely awful either, so I think they&#39;ll be keeping her for drama.
[/b]
Unfortunately cause her voice is worse than nails on a chalkboard.

whitney
10-04-2007, 10:27 AM
i couldn&#39;t believe bianca told saleisha she&#39;s was almost a plus size model, now she was just talkin crazy. she just looks so stupid and ignorant. She needs to be eliminated b/c her pic was horrible, her nose looked funny. When she threatened to cut up clothes, i thought she was crazy and needs help. my faves are lisa, janet, and heather.

vinny_46
10-04-2007, 12:43 PM
Bianca’s voice and attitude I think is my main problem. But I will give it to her she does have the quote of the week. “ Don’t let the red hair fool you I can do couture.” BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
[/b]

I agree, but I thought it was this quote:

"My mouth can get me everywhere!"
(arguing w/ Saleisha)

:lol: :unsure:

When she threatened to cut up clothes, i thought she was crazy and needs help.[/b]
Hopefully she won&#39;t be like the other black girl (name?) a few cycles ago who was rubbing her dirty underwear on Melrose&#39;s bed. What&#39;s with these young girls?!

journey_continues
10-04-2007, 12:53 PM
I&#39;m watching my TiVo of this right now...not understanding why Victoria is in the competition...
[/b]
me either!

pisses me off. she thinks it&#39;s a joke always putting it down, talking back to judges, keep sayin how she&#39;s a nerd and from harvard and look at me! i&#39;m so smart harvard harvard i did this aren&#39;t i so great and so much more intelligent than everyone else.

whereas marvita(girl with the shaven fro) had a hard life was SERIOUS about this..and didn&#39;t make it?

wth!

caramelaggie
10-04-2007, 01:24 PM
I agree, but I thought it was this quote:

"My mouth can get me everywhere!"
(arguing w/ Saleisha)

:lol: :unsure:
Hopefully she won&#39;t be like the other black girl (name?) a few cycles ago who was rubbing her dirty underwear on Melrose&#39;s bed. What&#39;s with these young girls?![/b]
You are talking about Monique and I swear she has some type of problem.

meccadon
10-04-2007, 03:07 PM
[/b]

Agreed!

What&#39;s with these young girls?!
[/b]

Owno...and I hate to say it....but they may need a a** kickin&#39; to get they mind right! :lol:

Whether Saleisha goes all the way or not, she got a fabulous prize to give her a push in the industry! I thought the dresses from that designer were hot!

mzunyque
10-05-2007, 09:35 AM
:(

I think Ambreal is so boring looking. Cute, but nothing striking about her at all.
[/b]

^^ totally agree.

i like lisa....she seems very genuine. and saleisha.

ebony and bianca need to be kicked off immediately. bianca is a b-word if i&#39;ve ever seen one! whew!

mrsdee1234
10-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Does the CW put the videos of this week up? I missed it, I wanna watch it online but I can&#39;t find it. Any other sites that show this week&#39;s episode?

Soulsista934
10-06-2007, 08:25 AM
[/b]

No you arent, I am reado for Bianca to go home!!! She isnt going to win!!! I know!! They bedster no relax or straighten her hair!! Especially since Miss Jay is rocking the afro wig!

You are talking about Monique and I swear she has some type of problem.
[/b]

I think she does. They are both psycho!

mahsoul1
10-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Im watching the Sunday repeat....I need for Bianca to go home now. She is ridiculous.

southernbelllle
10-07-2007, 07:59 PM
yall know she gettin the big perm, right!??

just seen the quick preview and they straightenin the ISH outta her hair!!

oh well, maybe next season

vinny_46
10-08-2007, 08:09 AM
yall know she gettin the big perm, right!??[/b]
Whaaa?! :o:

Well dayum.

I&#39;m still looking forward to the makovers. I think they&#39;re the best episodes of on each cycle.

southernbelllle
10-08-2007, 01:12 PM
ambreal already didnt stick out to me in the first place and with straight hair its gonna make her look even more plain than she did before.

and saleisha did not do good in her pic at all. i think they holdin back on her during judging because she was in that t zone camp.
and has any of the past contestants on past seasons have any prior experience to modeling doing runways and photo shoots?
its not fair that shes had previous experience and everyone else is starting form the jump.

kurliehead
10-08-2007, 02:16 PM
and saleisha did not do good in her pic at all. i think they holdin back on her during judging because she was in that t zone camp.
and has any of the past contestants on past seasons have any prior experience to modeling doing runways and photo shoots?
its not fair that shes had previous experience and everyone else is starting form the jump.
[/b]

Jade had previous experience. Also, Camille said she had some experience doing fashion shows at Howard.

Cheleigh
10-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Jade had previous experience. Also, Camille said she had some experience doing fashion shows at Howard.
[/b]

So did Lisa, (had previous experience) the one who peed in the diaper. :huh:

I also really liked the dresses by Colleen Quen.

meccadon
10-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Ambreal had experience doing fashion shows at Howard too....Not sure if ya&#39;ll been to the Howard fashion show but it is SERIOUS! :P

cristalena
10-08-2007, 04:08 PM
So did Lisa, (had previous experience) the one who peed in the diaper. :huh: [/b]

Yep. I still have the TEEN magazine from like, 1997 with Lisa in it.

Anchal was also in a French vogue editorial in 2005.

southernbelllle
10-08-2007, 04:10 PM
^^^yeah, forgot about that

i guess if you were good enough to model high fashion on your own you wouldnt need tyra&#39;s help

thank god there isnt another lisa this season

meagan22
10-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Anchal was also in a French vogue editorial in 2005.
[/b]
She surely was. Although to be fair about it, the way the pic was set up she seemed more like a prop than an actual feature of the pic. Megg was in a major fashion mag too, and Nicole from cycle 3 was did ads for hair color a few years before she was on ANTM.

The makeover I most want to see is Bianca&#39;s...... my sources tell me that they&#39;re going to give her a buzz cut. I caught the preview of this week&#39;s episode when I was flipping through channels and it implies that something goes wrong with someone&#39;s hair and they have to cut it. I&#39;m guessing that it&#39;s her. :pop:

And so it begins: Kimberly and all of her excuses (http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/ousted-top-model-9-finalist-kimberly-leemans-i-was-robbed-5878.php)

mahsoul1
10-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Ambreal had experience doing fashion shows at Howard too....Not sure if ya&#39;ll been to the Howard fashion show but it is SERIOUS! :P
[/b]

Indeed! I was always very very impressed....The african student association also puts on a great show in the spring. I had planned to go this year but my sister didnt get the homecoming show tickets before they sold out. <_<
We&#39;ll both be alumni next year so it will be special ^_^

I cant wait to see what they do to Ebony..I think her hairstyle works for her. But a Vidal Sasson bob would be really cute on her.

meagan22
10-09-2007, 12:27 PM
I had been trying to figure out why Saleisha seemed so familiar (aside from the fact that she&#39;s this season&#39;s Baby Tyra). check this out:
Still frame from cycle 6 fashion show (http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=saleisha665938bje8.jpg)

Saleisha on the Tyra show (fastforward to 3:45 to see her) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nlMS5k455Q)

She&#39;s a plant, plain and simple.

southernbelllle
10-09-2007, 03:45 PM
^^ what do you mean by plant?

you mean as in favoritism?

meagan22
10-10-2007, 10:45 AM
^^ what do you mean by plant?

you mean as in favoritism?
[/b]

From Dicitionary.com (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/plant)
9. a person, placed in an audience, whose rehearsed or prepared reactions, comments, etc., appear spontaneous to the rest of the audience.

this is Salacious&#39; role in a nutshell. She&#39;s been to T-Zone and she&#39;s modeled for Tyra on more than one occasion...... she&#39;s not there because she really deserves to be, she&#39;s there because TPTB wanted her on the show. What better advertisement for Tyra&#39;s camp than to talk about how a 5-headed, insecure girl gained the confidence to pursue her dreams?

puchi
10-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Who got the boot last week?

Kessable
10-10-2007, 06:01 PM
Are they perming Ambreal&#39;s hair?!?!?! :doh :o I should have know Tyra would mess up a good thing...just like she did with Jade!!

but she is rocking that short blunt style!!!!

Ms-gg
10-10-2007, 06:03 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

a top model first. It looks nice but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

napturallyme
10-10-2007, 06:05 PM
Boooo to them for r.elaxing Ambreal&#39;s hair. I don&#39;t recall them ever r.elaxing a natural head before, heat straighten I have seen. They could have given her a cute TWA.

Man, that&#39;s messed up about Bianca&#39;s hair, she had a lot of hair on her head. I don&#39;t see why she needs to go blonde, makes her looked washed out. The could have dyed it chocolate or black.

I like Lisa&#39;s hair.

I&#39;m not all that impressed with the make-overs.

naturalisbeauty
10-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Are they perming Ambreal&#39;s hair?!?!?! :doh :o I should have know Tyra would mess up a good thing...just like she did with Jade!!

but she is rocking that short blunt style!!!!
[/b]

man oh man I saw that too..........NO!!!!!!!!! ANYWAY...THAT GIRL IS GETTING HER HAIR SHAVE OFF... I WISH THAT WAS ME I&#39;VE BEEN CONTEMPLATING ROCKING THE BALDY!! :wub:

LadyBug13
10-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Ambreal&#39;s hair looks nice but they shouldnt just made it a super TWA or something.

She and Janet are my favorites. Jante&#39;s hair looks pretty nice. I miss the red though.

ETA: Bianca actually looks really nice with her head shaved.

Hadasah
10-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Pbbbllttt.
Tyra had Jade&#39;s hair permed too, and Jade is wearing her fro again, so I don&#39;t think it was necessary, but if Ambreal is happy, so am I.

Queencece
10-10-2007, 06:12 PM
I feel bad for Bianca. She was NOT happy!
I loved Janet and Sara&#39;s new do&#39;.
Nigel&#39;s wife... <_< He still sexy!
IA, Ambreal&#39;s hair should have been a TWA.
Not really feeling Salisha or Lisa&#39;s new do&#39;.

caramelaggie
10-10-2007, 06:18 PM
I am so disappointed that Tyra had Ambreal hair permed! Are you serious? Ugh!

mahsoul1
10-10-2007, 06:24 PM
man oh man I saw that too..........NO!!!!!!!!! ANYWAY...THAT GIRL IS GETTING HER HAIR SHAVE OFF... I WISH THAT WAS ME I&#39;VE BEEN CONTEMPLATING ROCKING THE BALDY!! :wub:
[/b]

me too. I didnt really enjoy my twa the first time around and Im thinking of shaving my head and wearing the twa for a while.

I dont like any of the super long weaves..especially not the blond ones. The blond super weaves look really cheap. Ebony should have been given a bob or something short. I like Salehsia&#39;s mushroom/Beatles do&#39;.

lol...i take back the ebony comment

The Josephine Baker do&#39; on Ambreal during the shoot was aight. IA they should have just cut it low and maybe colored it. She could have carried off the bald look too.

MsShel330
10-10-2007, 06:24 PM
I don&#39;t like Saleisha&#39;s new hair do. She does look like a Beatle.

Bianca looks pretty bald. Her mom gave her bad advice. ITA with Ambreal looking better with a TWA.

Nigel&#39;s wife is pretty but I was getting Valley Girl vibes from her.

crashcor13
10-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Um... why the Gardisil commercials? Oh, I get it now. They want daughters to ask for the medicine.

Oops! I should be in the hate thread.

southernbelllle
10-10-2007, 06:41 PM
the best makeover of the nite: Bianca!
pleze tyra dont make her go home tonite!

:clap: :clap: every body made a comeup
except victoria, she look the same to me

poitreenmoshun
10-10-2007, 06:46 PM
with tonight&#39;s episode, i like bianca a lil more...and i really LOVE her bald. it makes her face POP! hopefully she shed all that attitude with her hair.

southernbelllle
10-10-2007, 06:50 PM
amen to that^^

olympia621
10-10-2007, 09:50 PM
The only way Tyra would be bald is if she&#39;s wearing a skull cap. <_<
I missed the actual makeovers. What happened to Bianca&#39;s? It is much better than the burgandy weave.
I hate the nappy chics hair. Short hair would fit her also. Even if the straight hair was shorter it would still look better.

afromation
10-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Pbbbllttt.
Tyra had Jade&#39;s hair permed too, and Jade is wearing her fro again, so I don&#39;t think it was necessary, but if Ambreal is happy, so am I.
[/b]

Are you sure about that? I remember her cutting Jade&#39;s hair and dyeing it blond

cristalena
10-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Are you sure about that? I remember her cutting Jade&#39;s hair and dyeing it blond
[/b]

Exactly. Jade b!tched and moaned about them chopping her hair off. They didn&#39;t straighten it.

roxygirl
10-10-2007, 10:57 PM
i thought the makeovers were lame. :yawn2: everybody&#39;s hair was pretty much either blonde, short or weaved out.

watching them remove ebony&#39;s glued-on wig was absolutely painful.

i don&#39;t really like bianca yet, but from the scenes they showed, i think she handled her haircut like a champ. she had a LOT of hair, and damaged or not, i&#39;d imagine that was really hard for her to part with. it is really too bad that her mother put all that mess about short hair in her ears because she is ridiculously gorgeous as a baldie.

boo to ambreal&#39;s hair, but she didn&#39;t seem to mind, so if she likes it, i love it. :dunno:

ETA: sooo, is ms. jay going to rock a BAA wig on the final show during judging?

Soul Rebel
10-11-2007, 12:52 AM
That makeover was the BEST thing to happen to Bianca. Oh my GOODNESS! SOOOO much better!

And from the opening confessional, I knew my "why are you even there????" homie Victoria was on her way out. She got the Loser Edit from the word Go. Yes! :yes:

Hadasah
10-11-2007, 05:21 AM
[/b]

Oh, my bad. I thought they did. :unsure:
:blush:

caramelaggie
10-11-2007, 05:53 AM
I don’t like Victoria at all and it was time for her to go. I don’t mind her being smart but I don’t like her being a smart a%$! Did you hear her tell Twiggy…”Let’s get one thing straight.” What you don’t talk to the judges like that!

missladee622
10-11-2007, 06:37 AM
Yep I knew Victoria was gone when Twiggy had that "oh no you didn&#39;t!!" look on her face!!! LOL

I felt bad for Bianca, but I thought her BC looked nice on her. I almost hated to type that. Her attitude seemed a bit better in this episode, probably only because she was humbled a bit. If she can own her new look, I think she&#39;s a contender.

Saleisha!!! I was totally rolling that she talked so much trash "I&#39;ll never be in the bottom two" and then...she was!!! She for sure better step her game up.

My girl Ambreal....ya&#39;ll called it, they did straighten her hair. I loved her cut though, it was too cute!!!!

watching them remove ebony&#39;s glued-on wig was absolutely painful.

[/b]

WHY IN THE HELL WAS HER WIG GLUED ON?!?!?!?! I was so disturbed by that.

caramelaggie
10-11-2007, 06:53 AM
Saleisha’s picture was not the business at all. I was looking at her picture and she was right she does look like a wilted tulip! She should have known that once she said she will never be in the bottom two that that is where she was going to end up. That is the way reality tv works. It wouldn’t surprise me if Tyra heard about her comments and picked that picture so that she would be in the bottom two. Who knows if those pictures Tyra picks really are the best?

I am concerned about what was going on with Bianca’s hair that they had to cut it all off though. I mean had she processed her hair that much? Now that she is able to start over I am going to need her to treat her hair better next time.

Applejacks
10-11-2007, 11:57 AM
Ambreal&#39;s hair looks nice but they shouldnt just made it a super TWA or something.
She and Janet are my favorites. Jante&#39;s hair looks pretty nice. I miss the red though.
[/b]

I absolutely LOVE Bianca&#39;s TWA (Can&#39;t stand the wig). I think she looks amazing now, whereas I thought she was just another alright looking black girl before. The makeover&#39;s this year were HORRIBLE!!

Soulsista934
10-11-2007, 01:49 PM
[/b]

Janet is my favorite too!!! I LOVE her haircut and the color! Who is Jante? Is the the one they made blond?

I also really like Sarah&#39;s hair! It looks cool!

I am soooo mad that they straightened Ambreal&#39;s hair!!! Honestly, I dont like it! I dont know why but I just dont, I would have liked it better if it looked more like Janet&#39;s.

Bianca...... I dont know what to say about that. I would have to see it again. She lookss like completely different person!!! I hate the wig though! I like the shaved a lot better!!!

I cant remember this girl&#39;s name, she is the one who got called 1st both weeks with the pop eyes! That long blond hair, I hate it!!! It just doesnt look right on her!!! They need to do something to that.

Saleeeeeesha (I did that because trying to figure out how to spell it annoys me) is getting on my nerves. She kept thinking she was gonna do great but she was in the bottom two! That put her straight!

Ebony, she isnt acting like I thought she would, and thats good! SHe is a tad bit too nervous when she is in front of the judges.

meganjerai
10-11-2007, 02:22 PM
I&#39;m mad they permed Ambreal&#39;s hair but honestly she looks.....erm...edgier for some reason to me.

Bianca&#39;s cut is the best thing that ever happened to her. I love her hair and I love how she reacted to it. Her attitude looked like it even changed.

meccadon
10-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Bianca does look very beautiful bald. The wig they want her to wear looks laughable....

The girl they referred to as Liza Minelli...I love her cut and I always thought she was cute and totally capable of having a high fashion career.

One of those blonde weaves they gave to a white girl looked crazy! Her picture was hot, but the weave is awful!

Applejacks
10-11-2007, 04:58 PM
One of those blonde weaves they gave to a white girl looked crazy! Her picture was hot, but the weave is awful!
[/b]

Mecca, they always do horrible weaves on ANTM. I can&#39;t, for the life of me figure out why. Remember that red rabbit they put on Brittany&#39;s head and how Furonda&#39;s weave was a HOTT MESS?

taniseka
10-11-2007, 05:25 PM
this week was rough. I think Jeneh was the only one with a decent pic.

meccadon
10-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Mecca, they always do horrible weaves on ANTM. I can&#39;t, for the life of me figure out why. Remember that red rabbit they put on Brittany&#39;s head and how Furonda&#39;s weave was a HOTT MESS?
[/b]

I know, right? That sure wasn&#39;t an endorsement for Ken Paves hair pieces....okay, Ms. Jay is a fool for cradling Bianca&#39;s hair piece and telling it to shush as it&#39;s a living being :lol: :lol:

kurliehead
10-12-2007, 08:53 AM
^^^ :lol: :lol: @ Ms. Jay (BTW I cringe everytime someone calls him that on the show <_< )

Another thing I notice is that when they do these weaves in a couple weeks they all start to look like they have rats nesting in their heads because the stylists don’t do any maintenance or upkeep on the hair. So that if a few weeks they all look like matted Barbie doll hair.

missladee622
10-12-2007, 09:14 AM
^^^ :lol: :lol: @ Ms. Jay (BTW I cringe everytime someone calls him that on the show <_< )

Another thing I notice is that when they do these weaves in a couple weeks they all start to look like they have rats nesting in their heads because the stylists don’t do any maintenance or upkeep on the hair. So that if a few weeks they all look like matted Barbie doll hair.
[/b]

Yep I felt so bad for Brittany from last cycle. She looked like my Raggedy Ann doll. It was a mess!!!

puchi
10-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Dang they chopped Bianca&#39;s hair off! I gotta catch it this Sunday!

meagan22
10-13-2007, 08:05 AM
Victoria&#39;s interview on Fans of Reality Tv (http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/americas-next-top-model-9/68595-america-s-next-top-model-9-interview-victoria-10-12-07-a.html)

my favorite part of the interview:

They didn’t show this is the final elimination I was in, but Tyra is calling me with Saleisha in the bottom two, and she is telling me that I’m very abrasive in person, to the judges, and that I need to learn to be more polite. So, I asked—I actually called a vote with the other girls and asked them to raise their hand if I was being abrasive, or impolite, or rude, and none of them raised their hands. They could have really called me out on it because it is a competition, and people sell other people out to get ahead, but nobody raised their hands. Then, I asked them if I was one of the nicest girls here, and they all raised their hand. Obviously, they didn’t show it because it made Tyra look really bad, and she really didn’t know what to say. I left with the girls knowing what happened. It was sort of an unfortunate event that it’s been taken that I attacked Twiggy, because I didn’t attack Twiggy. I think Twiggy is great. I just wanted to learn more about the industry.
[/b]

I do think that starting a sentence with "Let me get something straight...." was rude considering the context of the dialogue. And, as someone pointed out on the TWoP forums, doing something as bold as doing a show-of-hands vote to prove how non-abrasive you are could sort of prove Tyra&#39;s point about how &#39;abrasive&#39; or &#39;prickly&#39; she really is.

However, I totally support <strike>Horseface</strike> Victoria for defending herself. Quiet or shy does not always equal insecure, and someone who doesn&#39;t know much about what sells in the fashion industry has a right to ask "professionals" to explain their comments. She shouldn&#39;t be called prickly for that.

herowneulogy
10-13-2007, 01:08 PM
I hate when people say things "now you&#39;e bald-headed" just because you get your hair cut low.

To the people who use this terminology, please do us all a favor and learn the difference being being bald, and having really short hair, ceasar-esque.

LBellatrix
10-14-2007, 03:58 PM
^^ :yes:

This is the first time I&#39;ve ever watched ANTM "live", so to speak. Over Labor Day weekend there was an ANTM marathon and I got hooked watching it. (I watched whichever season had Jade in it...and unfortunately I didn&#39;t see the last 4 episodes.) So when you guys say that this year&#39;s crop of girls is typical...I&#39;m new to this show so I&#39;m enjoying it (in a guilty-pleasure kind of way).

I had to come in the thread after this past episode because I knew y&#39;all would have something to say about Bianca and Ambreal. ;) Bianca looks 1000% better with the low cut...too bad her upbringing will probably prevent her from keeping it. And while I would have preferred Ambreal natural, I liked the Josephine Baker-esque look in the flower shoot.

While I&#39;m happy there are so many beautiful women of color in this year&#39;s crop, I have to be honest: I&#39;m really rooting for Heather.

YoGirlToo
10-14-2007, 07:25 PM
bianca is beautiful with the ceaser- she looks a new fresh person, i hope she keeps it - ambreal - i wish that if they were gonna cut the hair - they didn&#39;t straighten it

Knsoroma
10-14-2007, 07:30 PM
Bianca looks gorgeous!!!!

Fierce!!

Everyone else looked ok. She was by far the best!!

LOL at Ms Jay petting Bianca&#39;s wig.

I&#39;ll miss Victoria, I liked her...but she really didn&#39;t want it.

mahsoul1
10-14-2007, 07:59 PM
I hate when people say things "now you&#39;e bald-headed" just because you get your hair cut low.
To the people who use this terminology, please do us all a favor and learn the difference being being bald, and having really short hair, ceasar-esque.
[/b]

lol... doesnt seem like that big of a deal...I say without it even making the distinction. Both can be beautiful though

PetiteNNatural
10-16-2007, 11:54 PM
Okay...kinda random but...

Is it just me, or do y&#39;all notice the voice overs that Tyra does on the show, when she forgot to say something, make something more understandable or whatever?

I don&#39;t mind the voice overs, it just that they are soo noticeable. Sometimes the voice levels don&#39;t even match.
Does anyone else notice this?

meccadon
10-17-2007, 12:24 AM
Victoria&#39;s interview on Fans of Reality Tv (http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/americas-next-top-model-9/68595-america-s-next-top-model-9-interview-victoria-10-12-07-a.html)

my favorite part of the interview:
I do think that starting a sentence with "Let me get something straight...." was rude considering the context of the dialogue. And, as someone pointed out on the TWoP forums, doing something as bold as doing a show-of-hands vote to prove how non-abrasive you are could sort of prove Tyra&#39;s point about how &#39;abrasive&#39; or &#39;prickly&#39; she really is.

However, I totally support <strike>Horseface</strike> Victoria for defending herself. Quiet or shy does not always equal insecure, and someone who doesn&#39;t know much about what sells in the fashion industry has a right to ask "professionals" to explain their comments. She shouldn&#39;t be called prickly for that.
[/b]

^You hit the nail on the head....she was calling them on stuff they couldn&#39;t back up. Then on one hand they always tell the girls to listen and learn from the judges, so if she&#39;s trying to clarify and her clarification comes off as snarky as the judges initial comment...oh well! Glad she&#39;s gone, but I never minded her for calling Twiggy out. I always disagree with Twiggy with who she likes and dislikes.

kurliehead
10-17-2007, 06:11 AM
Okay...kinda random but...

Is it just me, or do y&#39;all notice the voice overs that Tyra does on the show, when she forgot to say something, make something more understandable or whatever?

I don&#39;t mind the voice overs, it just that they are soo noticeable. Sometimes the voice levels don&#39;t even match.
Does anyone else notice this?
[/b]

Thank you for mentioning this and letting me know I&#39;m not crazy. :P It&#39;s like she is whispering and mumbling one moment, then the next loud and clear as a bell.

I hate Twiggy she is so boring and all she knows how to say is "the camera loves you." I wish they could bring Janice back. At least she was funny.

caramelaggie
10-17-2007, 06:48 AM
Thank you for mentioning this and letting me know I&#39;m not crazy. :P It&#39;s like she is whispering and mumbling one moment, then the next loud and clear as a bell.

I hate Twiggy she is so boring and all she knows how to say is "the camera loves you." I wish they could bring Janice back. At least she was funny.
[/b]

I had been noticed this a few cycles back. I hate when she does her voiceovers because they are soooooooooo obvious.

I am dying laughing at your comment about regarding Twiggy. She does always say “ The camera loves you” ! She is so BLAH!

southernbelllle
10-17-2007, 09:21 AM
i think thats why they put miss jay in there. to balance out her blahness. Nigel better not go no where :P

meagan22
10-17-2007, 11:33 AM
ANTM addiction video (http://channel101.com/shows/view.php?media_id=2194&rescale=1)
:lol: :lol:

PetiteNNatural
10-17-2007, 01:34 PM

[/b]

Lol, yea, I think they need to switch up the panel a bit, bring back Nole or somebody.

kurliehead
10-17-2007, 02:28 PM
I loved Nole Marin! He and Janice&#39;s back and forth had me :lol: :lol: :lol: while watching the repeats on MTV.

napturallyme
10-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Ambreal looks like Heather Headly to me now with the new hair style.

Good to see Dani on there.

poitreenmoshun
10-17-2007, 08:04 PM
i think sarah or whomever the girl is who barely missed being in the bottom 2 should have gone home...she completely disregarded the concept of the shoot

LadyRay
10-17-2007, 10:13 PM
ANTM addiction video (http://channel101.com/shows/view.php?media_id=2194&rescale=1)
:lol: :lol:
[/b]
:lol: :lol: That song! :lol: :lol:

LadyBug13
10-18-2007, 09:11 AM
I&#39;m so mad that mt favorite two were in the bottom two this week. <_<

taniseka
10-18-2007, 09:29 AM
ANTM is too obvious with their editing. In the first 4 minutes of the show, you can predict who is going home by the person of focus. Example: they kept talking about my girl who is like the "mama" because she wanted the house to be clean. Who left last night?

napturallyme
10-18-2007, 09:36 AM
ANTM is too obvious with their editing. In the first 4 minutes of the show, you can predict who is going home by the person of focus. Example: they kept talking about my girl who is like the "mama" because she wanted the house to be clean. Who left last night?
[/b]

Yep, I knew Ambreal was going to be in the bottom 2. That was the most camera time she has had so far.

I&#39;m mad Janet went home. She was one of my favorites. I think Sara should have left.

cristalena
10-18-2007, 09:39 AM
Lisa really does look like Shalom Harlow:

http://images.askmen.com/imagesmodel/2001_nov/shalom_harlow/shalom_harlow_150.jpg

I&#39;m not a huge Janet fan...she&#39;s too petite/pixie-ish looking. She looks like she&#39;s 5&#39;3", even if she isn&#39;t. Even so, Sarah should have been in the bottom two and should have gone home. Of course, that means we wouldn&#39;t get an episode about Sarah being "the biggest girl in the house"...and you know we have to have THAT every cycle.

mzunyque
10-18-2007, 09:40 AM
that addiction video is HILARIOUS!! :lol:

i was glad to see dion too...i think she looked fabulous.

i :wub: lisa...i hope she wins. bianca is such a b***h....whew!

i&#39;m glad ambreal stayed...but she needs to get it together.

meagan22
10-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Janet sucked, but Sarah sucked more and, therefore, should have been sent home last night.

Danielle looked good and her new &#39;improved" accent was meh. I could uinderstand her, but she sounded a little lifeless.

Lisa looked really great in the Akademiks shoot :) . I don&#39;t mean to invalidate her sadness @ the other girls in the house hating on her for winning the challenge, but why the hell was she so suprised? Hasn&#39;t she seen this show before? Hating on challenge winners is a staple on ANTM, just like Tyra&#39;s Lacefronts, Jay Manuel&#39;s neon orange &#39;glow&#39;, and Twiggles saying "The camera loves you". I&#39;m starting to warm up to Lisa; she&#39;s like an Elyse-Yaya hybrid in terms of looks (but decidedly less feirce when it comes to confidence).