PDA

View Full Version : I Am Currently In A Relationship With A 41 Year Old Scorpio Man.

splendid10
08-29-2007, 09:56 AM
I am currently in a relationship with a 41 year old Scorpio man. Currently, we are at a defining moment because Mr. Right wants to mediate, pray, create lists to make sure he will be making the right decision in regards to spending the rest of our lives together. I fully support his space and his proactive approach not to repeat the behaviors of the past. By the way he is never been married or engaged and his desire is to be married with kids. He has a lot of fear regarding relationships as do I…What suggestions may you offer me to support him to alleviate his anxieties regarding committed relationships (e.g., not working out in the end)? What thoughts do you have for me regarding overcoming my fears of thinking the Mr. Right believes that there is someone else out there better than me…..

I am curious to learn your story and what you did to encourage him during this space and time?

tpace
08-29-2007, 11:58 AM
I think writing a list or discussing what both of you want in a relationship and see if they match is a great idea. Also, I have learned that we never really know what will happen in a relationship/marriage. No one seeks out for their relationship to end. My husband always tells me we can't leave in "what ifs" because all we have is right now. We must definitely learn from our past, but the future we cannot see. I recommend taking it slow, if both of you are scared of taking the next step. There is no reason to rush and you want to be sure that having a committed relationship is something you both want with each other.

I think it is wonderful he is willing to do these things before fully committing to a relationship. Oftentimes, many people rush into them without taking everything into consideration. I would recommend supporting him with his wanting to wait and pray about it. I figure if he is making lists of what he wants and he is including you, then you do not have to worry about him wanting another woman. That is a big sign that he is very much into you and wants to make sure that you are his Ms. Right.

splendid10
08-30-2007, 09:16 AM
Thanks much for the kind words. I have faith Divine Love will support our union.

nappiejean
09-01-2007, 07:58 AM
If he's 41 and has managed to avoid marriage (and kids) all these years, he's got lots of anxieties about commitment. None of which you can alleviate for him. This is work he has to do; for many of those anxieties have little to nothing to do with you. They are related to his own fears. They can be solved, mind you, but not by you. Try not taking them on as your own. Try not feeling like a failure if he stalls and putters in the relationship, thinking it's your fault he couldn't get over his fears.

Finally, "Mr. Right" language can set you up for heartbreak, especially when Mr. Right is nervous about commitment. Perhaps you've heard the famous jazz ballard by Ella Fitzgerald (Barbara Streisand and many other female jazz singers): "There's nothing sadder than a one-man woman looking for the man that got away." :lol:

I share your hope that your sweetie comes to his senses and that relationship works out!

anabwi
09-04-2007, 01:12 PM
I have an older brother that&#39;s a Scorpio, never married, no kids, a list-maker also, but alas, a control freak. Check to be sure his "fears" are not his desire to maintain control. He&#39;s put a few women on a roller-coaster ride <_<

KnottyAuthor
09-05-2007, 09:26 AM
girl, i&#39;m married to a scorpio...when he loves you..he will give you his ALLLLLL and you will nevah want for anything in the intimacy department!
woooh!