PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Update

MochaMom
03-21-2003, 09:08 PM
Hey Bay Buddies,

It's been a few weeks since I've been to the forum (I barely get to update my site and reply to the comments, coupled with managing the home and other family responsibilities :shock: ); anyway, I get a little confused with the last post/updates on the threads, can anyone fill me in?

I know I seen something about meeting midway, but it mentioned "Winter Haven" and I am really not sure what would be considered midway from our cities :?: I also seen that the dates are waivering between April 5th and April 12th?? I can rearrange some things, even though my daughter is in a wedding on the 12th at 11 AM.

I don't want to drop the ball on this one, so I am reaching out for some help. Like I said, I am not sure of the half-way mark from here to there, but I will find out on my end. Then I can go from there. That way I can look for hotel rooms and rates. I have a couple of things in mind.

"Big ups" to Tann and her weight loss endeavor :!: I also want to say how our gathering had a lasting effect on all of us and I look forward to a "repeat" and "three peat," etc. Are you ladies on the "napptural hunt?" I really need some cards made; there are tons of natural sistahs in my church alone!! This thing can really take us places...

Anyway, if there is a Bay buddy willing to really help me get this thing going for April, can we possibly communicate via pm and then we can exchange cell numbers (you know they're FREE on the weekends :wink:
We will need a tentative number of participants for April (even counting the bring-a-longs). I am sorry for getting us all hyped and then being "mia" here lately. Lots has been going on, really-- but I am trying to redeem myself. I want our event to go from "glory to glory" especially since I can almost bet that the next group will have a "head wrap" session because ya'll know our gathering got lots of "pub." That's what it's all about, having fun and sharing with our whole community of nappturals.

Sorry so long-winded, but I had to play "catch up!"

mochamom

DSTPrincess6
03-22-2003, 02:52 PM
If your daughter is in a wedding we can be flexible with the time on the 12th. I think Winterhaven is the best midpoint becaus there aren't any tourists there. Let me know what's up. Like I said I am willing to do most of the leg work...

MochaMom
03-22-2003, 05:59 PM
Okay DSTPrincess, what's next. My hubby confirmed that Winterhaven is a midway point (duhhh). Should I or you check on room/hotel availability? I am still working on the whole wedding issue, but I will keep you posted. I will get back to you all when I have some "tentative" places. I just need for you guys to give us some numbers.

Am I forgetting anything here :?:

mm

tann
03-24-2003, 11:55 AM
Hi everyone :D Just checking in, thanks Amarige for pointing us to this thread cuz I sure would not have found it :oops: MochaMom are you sure about the 12th? Cuz if you dd is in a wedding at 11am, that will take up most of the day, and you should not have to rush, cuz your dd will be needed for the wedding pics, the reception,etc. I think the 12th is out of the question for you, maybe we should go back to the 5th. Oh I forgot Dstprincess has plans for that weekend, this is getting to complicated. This reminds me of two lovers trying to find time for each other when then both have full separate lives :cry: What about the 26th????

Count on my end.....6 nappies

tann
03-24-2003, 06:02 PM
Mochamom, go to the home page of this site and click on 'DOWNLOADS'
and print out your napp cards, I had to print some myself :wink:

MochaMom
03-24-2003, 10:06 PM
Mochamom, go to the home page of this site and click on 'DOWNLOADS'
and print out your napp cards, I had to print some myself :wink:

Thanks Tann! You're such a sweetie :!:

law
03-26-2003, 02:45 AM
Sorry ladies, but anything after the 5th may be a no go for me. Right now April is all up in the air work wise. So I advise you guys make your plans, and when it is settled I will hopefully know if I can be there. If I can't catch this one I will just try to make the next.

law
03-26-2003, 02:48 AM
Hey, if I can not go do not have too much fun without me. :?

MochaMom
03-28-2003, 02:46 AM
Hello Ladies,

I pray that all is well with you and your families. As it stands, the dates in April have grown more chaotic by the days. I won't be able to make either date, due to some scheduling conflicts with my husband and his engagements. As I mentioned previously to Tann, maybe someone should have a back-up for the "flexible locals?" I will watch the thread and see what's in store for the next gathering.

I apologize for any "last minute" inconvience. I hope you all enjoy this month, and when you guys set the date for the next gathering, EVERYBODY PRESENT, pull out your pocket calendar and set it in stone and those of us who aren't present, will just have to conform :wink:

Please somebody take some pictures and represent the "Winning Team" of Nappturals :D

MochaMom

bambino
03-28-2003, 06:54 PM
Hey Bay Buddies,

It's been a few weeks since I've been to the forum (I barely get to update my site and reply to the comments, coupled with managing the home and other family responsibilities :shock: ); anyway, I get a little confused with the last post/updates on the threads, can anyone fill me in?

I know I seen something about meeting midway, but it mentioned "Winter Haven" and I am really not sure what would be considered midway from our cities :?: I also seen that the dates are waivering between April 5th and April 12th?? I can rearrange some things, even though my daughter is in a wedding on the 12th at 11 AM.

I don't want to drop the ball on this one, so I am reaching out for some help. Like I said, I am not sure of the half-way mark from here to there, but I will find out on my end. Then I can go from there. That way I can look for hotel rooms and rates. I have a couple of things in mind.

"Big ups" to Tann and her weight loss endeavor :!: I also want to say how our gathering had a lasting effect on all of us and I look forward to a "repeat" and "three peat," etc. Are you ladies on the "napptural hunt?" I really need some cards made; there are tons of natural sistahs in my church alone!! This thing can really take us places...

Anyway, if there is a Bay buddy willing to really help me get this thing going for April, can we possibly communicate via pm and then we can exchange cell numbers (you know they're FREE on the weekends :wink:
We will need a tentative number of participants for April (even counting the bring-a-longs). I am sorry for getting us all hyped and then being "mia" here lately. Lots has been going on, really-- but I am trying to redeem myself. I want our event to go from "glory to glory" especially since I can almost bet that the next group will have a "head wrap" session because ya'll know our gathering got lots of "pub." That's what it's all about, having fun and sharing with our whole community of nappturals.

Sorry so long-winded, but I had to play "catch up!"

mochamom

I know that i am late, but can you give me a brief synopsis of the get together, if it is open to nappturals in the tampa bay area? my parents live in winter haven, and i would love to meet other nappturals. my mom is one (even though she doesn't know it)

Amarige
03-28-2003, 07:00 PM
I know that i am late, but can you give me a brief synopsis of the get together, if it is open to nappturals in the tampa bay area? my parents live in winter haven, and i would love to meet other nappturals. my mom is one (even though she doesn't know it)

You are more than welcome to come. We are still working out the details for the month of April. Check out the Tampa Bay Nappies thread :D

bambino
03-28-2003, 07:15 PM

You are more than welcome to come. We are still working out the details for the month of April. Check out the Tampa Bay Nappies thread :D

I am slowly but surely picking up on the napptural lingo, but what is the tampa baby nappies thread. is this something new?

tann
03-28-2003, 07:29 PM

I am slowly but surely picking up on the napptural lingo, but what is the tampa baby nappies thread. is this something new?

it's our title.....The Tampa Bay Nappies....within this get together thread...Welcome, we're glad you found us :D

bambino
03-28-2003, 07:41 PM
thanks. i posted a reply to the Orlando/Central Florida nappturals and informed them of the april get together. i am looking forward to meeting EVERYONE and adopting some BIG SISTERS as i begin my journey.

Exult
03-28-2003, 08:45 PM
HI Tampa Bay Nappies:

I have been MIA also, but I am up to date on the goin on's. I won't be able to make it either day :cry: . Hopefully the next gathering, like law said take loads of pictures and details.

Exult....

DSTPrincess6
03-31-2003, 07:53 PM
If no one can make it either day why don't we push it back to the 3rd weekend in April, which is the 19th? Whatever you guys decide on is fine with me. If this weekend works for everybody and I can't be there That is fine with me. Let's just make a decision. Tann, you are really good at organizing why don't you try to find out what is best for everyone and we can go from there. I'll be happy to do the checking around for rates once we lock in a date.

DSTPrincess6
03-31-2003, 07:53 PM
If no one can make it either day why don't we push it back to the 3rd weekend in April, which is the 19th? Whatever you guys decide on is fine with me. If this weekend works for everybody and I can't be there That is fine with me. Let's just make a decision. Tann, you are really good at organizing why don't you try to find out what is best for everyone and we can go from there. I'll be happy to do the checking around for rates once we lock in a date.

DSTPrincess6
03-31-2003, 08:52 PM

bambino
04-02-2003, 01:44 PM
hi ladies,

just wanted to know if we are still trying to meet on April 5th or 12th, the time, place, what to bring. if we are doing just a day thing or a weekend thing. i am getting anxious and excited. let me know, let me know..