PDA

View Full Version : Who Watches These Shows?

Jazitones
09-05-2007, 06:02 AM
I love these channels and tv shows. One day I will get the motiviation to remodel a room in my house.

I love these channels.

Home and Garden Television (HGTV)

Wealth TV- Love this channel. Of course this channel is dream channel for me. :lol:

The learning Channel

The following shows I love

Clean House
Flip that house
Garden shows
Trading Spaces
Design Remix
House and Home
Design to Sell

I know I left off more shows.

So tell me what your favorite home make over show?

Ebonique
09-05-2007, 06:40 AM
I used to watch trading spaces a lot for decorating ideas, but I don't watch it so much anymore. Designing for the sexes was a good one, but they were high budget. :(

I also like "She's moving in." I would do an episode when I get married, but they'd have to call the episode he's moving in 'cause I have the apt. :lol:

Jazitones
09-05-2007, 06:51 AM
Ebonique, I haven't seen that show. I have to check it out.

EmpressRi
09-05-2007, 07:03 AM
Awww I like the shows where they clean. like "How clean is your house?" with the two English ladies. :wub: I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!! lol

Jazitones
09-05-2007, 07:28 AM
Awww I like the shows where they clean. like "How clean is your house?" with the two English ladies. :wub: I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!! lol
[/b]

Oh yeah! I like them also. :D They have really found some nasty bacteria in the kitchen and bathroom.

mydestiny
09-05-2007, 10:04 AM
I love them all- party because my mother watches them ALL THE TIME!! It has inspired them to remodel her home- she has remodeled her guest bathroom and bedroom, great room, and kitchen all by herself( yay for mommy)!
And she is currently getting help with remodeling the master bedroom and bathroom.
These shows have inspired me to redecorate my lvg and dining rooms and this past weekend I painted a room for the first time in my life. I :wub: my rooms

rastagalNJ
09-05-2007, 10:08 AM
ooh, how did I miss this forum??? Home decorating is my new favorite thing to watch, talk about and do, now that I have a home to decorate.

I hardly ever change the channel anymore from HGTV or Style channel but my favs are:

Househunters
Designed to Sell
Spice up my Kitchen
24 Hour Design
Mission Organization
Clean House
Decorating Cents

Jazitones
09-05-2007, 11:50 AM
ooh, how did I miss this forum??? Home decorating is my new favorite thing to watch, talk about and do, now that I have a home to decorate.

I hardly ever change the channel anymore from HGTV or Style channel but my favs are:

Househunters
Designed to Sell
Spice up my Kitchen
24 Hour Design
Mission Organization
Clean House
Decorating Cents
[/b]

I love Mark Brunetz on Clean House. He needs to get his own show.

Blaqdiamond4t
09-05-2007, 12:13 PM
love, love, love hgtv. my favorites...

landscapers challenge
designers challenge
house hunters

i also love the travel channel. but that's for another thread.

AutumnRain
09-05-2007, 01:14 PM
I enjoy watching these channels as well. Oh, can't forget the food t.v..

Nappilocs
09-05-2007, 03:55 PM
I love house hunters
Design on a dime
and Design to sell
I :wub: HGTV

aquababie19
09-05-2007, 07:35 PM
i watch pretty much anything on hgtv, diy channel, tlc, a&e and fine living.

Ebonique
09-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Oh, and I also like "What you get for your money" on Fine Living.

deecoily
09-05-2007, 11:59 PM
I love the "How Clean Is Your House". Honestly, the way some folks live... :puke2: scurry :blink:

Lockolatte
09-06-2007, 01:49 AM
I love most of these shows too. Especially Designed to Sell and the other shows where they are trying to ready the home to be sold. I love House Hunters and that show with the really tall blonde lady who redesigns homes.

Truessence
09-06-2007, 04:09 AM
I love all the shows that have been mentioned! At one point I was addicted to House Hunters! I love the end of the show because you get a chance to see how they would decorate the house.

FoxyLox
09-06-2007, 10:15 AM
I live for design shows. My favorites include:

Divine Design with Candice Olson (swee-dow-do dap do dall de)
Design Star
Flip that House
Designed to Sell
Moving Up
House Hunters
Designers' Challenge

Dovechild20
09-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Hubby and I are HGTV NUTS, hear me?! I pretty much watch all the shows on their except for the craft shows that come on during the daytime. We also love the Discovery Home channel and of course Food Network.

euridice
09-07-2007, 07:10 PM
I love the international house or homes or sumpin. A couple or single person are looking to relocate overseas and we get to see three homes they are possibly interested in ... so far I've seen Italy, Portugal, Mexico, France (twice) ... when are they gonna show Africa ... like Tanzania or Kenya cuz there are some beautiful homes there ... goodness!!

Poetic_Butterfly
09-08-2007, 06:42 PM
I love all of those shows! :wub: I enjoy watching Moving Up on TLC!

Peace,
Rasta

Babybee
09-10-2007, 11:50 AM
I love pretty much anything on HGTV, although I am not too fond of Design on a Dime. I think it's the host. Right now my favorite show is Design Star (go Kim!).

Had no idea that there was a HGD forum now. :wub:

sunschild57
09-12-2007, 09:58 AM
My favorite shows are Divine Design with Candace Olson on HGTV and Room Service with Sarah Richardson on Fine Living. I love their designs. Candace is clean classic and funky rolled into one and Sarah is calming and classic.

I use to love Debbie Travis Facelift too. I like the Canadian designers :)

anabwi
09-12-2007, 12:55 PM
I love most of these shows too. Especially Designed to Sell and the other shows where they are trying to ready the home to be sold. I love House Hunters and that show with the really tall blonde lady who redesigns homes.
[/b]

You're talking about my girl, Candice Olsen of Divine Design.

Yonique
09-13-2007, 07:16 AM
I love all of these shows and Find and Design on A&E. Divine Design is the best though.

jorjeni
09-14-2007, 07:40 PM
My son said he can't believe with all the channels we have I only watch HGTV LOL!!! I sometimes stroll over to TLC to watch Flip this house.

I love Divine Design

Hidden Potential

Color Splash

Design to Sell

My house is worth what?

What you get for the money

House Hunters

sunschild57
09-15-2007, 01:44 AM
I like Holmes on Homes on Discovery Home network. I can't believe the poor workmanship in some of those homes :icon_headshake:

jorjeni
09-16-2007, 07:01 PM
I forgot about My parents house. I love that show too.

Daughter-of-Diaspora
09-25-2007, 06:23 PM
Divine Design with Candice Olson (swee-dow-do dap do dall de)[/b]
:lol: My all time fav show on HGTV!

Supersugar
01-14-2008, 05:46 AM
I LOVE Divine Design. Even though I could never afford Candice Olsen, I love to watch her work :)

Ditto for ColorSplash ... David Bromstead is hawt :wub:

I do like Deserving Design with Vern Yip, but the concept rubs me a bit raw--since he's constantly going on about how much so-and-so "truly deserves a great house" ... doesn't that just imply that the people who didn't make it on the show DON'T deserve it? (Yes, I've actually looked into applying for several of these shows ... I'm a geek :P)

House Hunters/House Hunters International is always awesome ... I think that's their highest-rated program.

Designed to Sell gives me lots and LOTS of design ideas. Man, I need to learn how to make built-ins!

My House is Worth What? is interesting because it helps you keep abreast of the market and the changes that you need to make in a house if you really want to see a good ROI when you move.

Since we'll probably be buying our first house in the next six months, I'm going to apply for House Hunters and My First House. Maybe you'll see me on HGTV! :D

MsTee
01-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Another HGTV junkie here. My faves:

-House Hunters
-My First Place
-Designed to Sell
-My House is Worth What?
-Sleep on It
-National Open House

I also like Flip That House on TLC. Don't care for Flip THIS House on A&E. Oh yeah, and I like Property Ladder.

Gacela20
01-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Oh, and I also like "What you get for your money" on Fine Living.
[/b]

Me too. I like Room Service and Around the World in 80 Homes, which gives nice snapshots of vacation rentals all over.