PDA

View Full Version : New Apple Products Unleased Upon Us

macgirl
09-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Good lawd. iPhone price drops cause they are getting rid of the 4gig. There will only be the 8 gig now. An iPod Touch (drool). Now I have a choice, do I want an iPod AND a phone or JUST an iPod. New iPod nanos. Looks like with a color screen. iTune WiFi music store, joint project between Apple and Starbucks (2 of me favorite things in life). New iPod shuffles. New iPod classics (that would be the old school unit compared to the Touch model). Ringtones on iTunes store. So much new hotness today. Read about it all on Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/). :D

Alastri
09-05-2007, 08:44 PM
I hate you, I so wanted to make a thread on this! :P

Drool
Drool
Drool
Drool
Drool
...needs...new....iPod!!

macgirl
09-05-2007, 09:01 PM
As you can see from my few typos I was a bit excited. I don't have an iPhone yet and I'm glad I waited. My husband got one first day out and it seems to have changed his life. :lol: I don't think I want the phone and the iPod in one. I'm glad there is an option now. AND my birthday is in November. :D

jazzyray
09-06-2007, 01:56 AM
I think that the old Nanos looked better. They were also the pretty perfect shape to exercise with also. The added video capability to these new Nanos is a plus though.
The iPod touch looks good though but wifi on small things like that i have found to be quite gimmiky. I use it for a little while and then never again because it just to slow.
The iPhone is just to underspeced for me and i am not that that keen on touch screen phones either so i doubt that i will ever get one.

JeanBean
09-06-2007, 03:49 AM
Everyone knows that when a product first comes out, you dont buy it because they always come out w/ something better, and the first product always has some type of technical problem w/ it. They aint pimping my wallet, I am perfectly happy w/ my LG VX8100 phone.

macgirl
09-06-2007, 08:33 AM
From the photos I'm unsure about the shape of the new nano. I'm gonna need to visit my Apple store to see that in person. I use a shuffle for working out anyway. Just works a whole lot better for me. Now I have used my husbands phone and the touch screen capabilty is really nice. My husband loses almost anything small instantly and if he had to use a stylus he would have lost it in less than 24 hrs. At least he knows where his fingers are. :lol:

I get my iPods and such as gifts so I'll take whatever comes my way. I don't think the iPhone has had widespread technical issues. Apple simply discontiued the 4 gig model and dropped the price on the 8 gig model by $200. My husband thinks Apple ought to give free Applecare extended warrantys to everyone that purchased to the original price since they dropped the price so quickly. We'll see.

aquababie19
09-06-2007, 08:52 AM
i love the look of the touch ipod, but i'm not crazy on sacrificing the space. i would get the ipod classic. and with the new price of the iphone it makes it look even better!

ashta
09-06-2007, 10:29 AM
macgirl are you a plant for apple? :D

i was just about to use my education discount to get a macbook (finally) and an ipod on that special they've got until september 16 i believe. for once, i feel like holding off on an apple purchase worked for me. :D

i'm so excited. i've been doing google searches on new macbooks and ipods. i cam across the rumored new ipod a couple of weeks ago. i didn't think it would come out so soon. i was hoping to get a revamped macbook but i'll just have to miss out on that one.

i'm happy to get that classic ipod. i like the touch ipod but it hardly has any capacity so i would not purchase it. i wonder if you can actually listen to online radio broadcasts with the wifi touch ipod?

anyway, can't wait to place my order. yay!

macgirl
09-06-2007, 12:18 PM
macgirl are you a plant for apple? :D [/b]

Too funny. :lol: My husband writes software for macs so we are an Apple household.

i'm happy to get that classic ipod. i like the touch ipod but it hardly has any capacity so i would not purchase it. i wonder if you can actually listen to online radio broadcasts with the wifi touch ipod?

anyway, can't wait to place my order. yay!
[/b]

You'll know when I know. I have long since stopped loading my entire library onto my iPod so I don't really have an issue with space. I just change up my playlists every now and again.

Breaking News: I doubt that anyone here purchased an iPhone but Apple is giving those that bought the iPhone 2 months ago back $100....to spend at Apple of course. ;) Well, it's something. My husband can get started on my birthday present now. :lol: Apple to all iPhone customers (http://www.apple.com/hotnews/openiphoneletter/)

LadyBug13
09-06-2007, 12:26 PM
The new ipod is too tiny. I could lose it and be real pissed about it.

I'll stick to my black iPod nano.

macgirl
09-06-2007, 12:33 PM
The new ipod is too tiny. I could lose it and be real pissed about it.
I'll stick to my black iPod nano.
[/b]
I know what you mean. I have nearly lost my nano already...from inside purse. I couldn't find that tiny thing inside my purse and I thought that I had lost it. :lol: