PDA

View Full Version : A Good Condish & Leave-in

nedney
09-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can found the bomb condish and a leave-in that's silicone and mineral oil free that i can purchase out of the drug store? It doesn't matter if it's cheap or not as long as it's going for kinky hair.

Soulsista934
09-05-2007, 04:13 PM
For me its:

VO5 Tea Therapy Chamomile Tea Conditioner for a conditioner

Rasta Jamaican & Lime Cactus Leave in Moisturizer (well I havent actually used it yet but I like it aleady!)

gilroygal
09-05-2007, 04:14 PM
NM--I saw that you said drug store..... :unsure:

mzpoetic
09-05-2007, 04:49 PM
If you mean like a CVS/WalGreens type establishment, your best bet is VO5 Moisture Milks-any one. I use STrawberry and Cream. I'm in love w/this stuff. The other is Suave Naturals, which I don't care for, but many nappturals here love it. Both are cheap and contain none of those ingredients that are bad for your hair. I can't think of a good leave-in you can get there. A good leave-in though is Giovanni Direct, which you will have to go to a whole food store or onlinbe to get. The Giovanni conditioner is good too. You can go to Sally's and get the LustraSIlk Shea Butter COnditioner. I love that one too. Outside of the VO5 and Suave, the best conditioners w/organic/natural ingredients you will find in whole health food stores or online. Try www.vitacost.com. $4.99 shipping on any size order. And the products are cheaper online.

nedney
09-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Okay thanks, i will check them out.

NM--I saw that you said drug store..... :unsure:
[/b]

Like Walgreens/CVS/ Walmart or Sally's

ctate5
09-05-2007, 11:19 PM
the walgreens here now carries the giovanni line, so i would definitely say the direct leave-in and 50/50 conditioner. generic paul mitchell 'the conditioner' has water soluble silicones and you can get it at sallys. some sallys carry the jamaican lime and cactus leave-in as well as, lustrasilk shea/mango and lustrasilk olive oil cholesterol. if you want a watery leave-in sally's also carries biotera leave-in not sure about the ingredients though, but i've heard others rave about it who no-poo, so i'm thinking if it has silicones, they're water soluble. you can also try the grocery store, krogers and schnucks both have natural shampoos and conditoners.

ETA
tigi moisture maniac conditioner, catwalk (tigi) oatmeal and honey conditioner

afrobeauty77
09-06-2007, 07:36 AM
Another recommendation for V05 Moisture Milks, I am partial to Passion fruit smoothie. I like V05 for co-washes, also when I add some advocado oil and honey it makes a cheap, moisturizing deep treatment. Suave is another all purpose conditioner used by alot of the ladies here. My advice is start cheap. Pay attention to which ingredients your hair best responds to then go from there. HTH

jackibee
09-06-2007, 01:08 PM
I'm not sure about all of the ingredients (i'm still a little new to that), but my hair looooves Suave Humectant conditioner.