PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom Remodeling

kmacbaje
09-13-2007, 08:01 AM
we want to remodel our bathroom *specifically the tub* but don't have the funds to do what we really want i.e tear it out and the wall. I have looked into tub liners and tub refinishing. Has anyone had either of these done? Results? Thanks.

kmac

anabwi
09-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Yes, just had Bathfitters do the tub and shower wall. I so badly wanted travertine tile but the cost was over the top to ripout and install. So Bathfitters covered the tile and tub with white acrylic, I had grab bars installed because of my handicapped sister,and new fixtures and I love it. It was pricey still, but not as much as the tile and tub refinishing would have been. And the best thing, no more mildew. Just wipe down daily and thoroughly clean with Clorox Cleanup every 3-4 days.

Now I'm searching for a new 60" wide vanity to replace the old one.

kmacbaje
09-16-2007, 10:24 AM
thanks anabwi,

i'm gonna look them up and get some folks to come out and do estimates.

kmac

mslady
10-23-2007, 08:11 PM
This is something I have to do too. I had someone come out to give me an estimate on removing the old time and putting in some new tile. He said 4,000.00 to start out with. The price could be higher depending on what the walls looked like underneath....I kindly opened my front door and told him thanks for coming by. Bathrooms and kitchens can be expensive.

michelle1908
01-07-2008, 04:49 AM
I got a quote from Bathfitters for $4,000 and saw that reglazing only costs up to $500. I may end up doing that since my tub is in good shape. I don't think I can afford demolition costs.

tlwnurse
01-08-2008, 11:09 AM
You might also think about doing part of the demolition yourself. Plus check out HGTV.com or Better homes and gardens and lowe's website. You may find ideas to cut back on your expense. Home depot sell a refinishing paint for tubs. And it's probably something you can do your self.
HTH