sessn513
09-20-2007, 11:49 AM
Hi. I am new to the napptural community :D The closest thread was for
Columbus Ohio. If any natural ladies from Cincinnati are here and know of
any salons I would greatly appreciate it. I only wear my hair in a wash and go
fro currently.. Just wanna try something different

qochemist
09-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Hi, My friends sister owns a shop in Cincinnati. I have never been there, but you might want to check it out. Maybe they can at least guide you in the right direction. The shop is called Salon 214. The number is 513-521-1000. Ask for Tikierra Crawford.

Hi. I am new to the napptural community :D The closest thread was for
Columbus Ohio. If any natural ladies from Cincinnati are here and know of
any salons I would greatly appreciate it. I only wear my hair in a wash and go
fro currently.. Just wanna try something different
[/b]

sessn513
09-21-2007, 03:03 PM
Thank you so much I will try that and see if I can get anywhere

lafeeka81
09-22-2007, 03:05 AM
Thank you so much I will try that and see if I can get anywhere
[/b]

I think there are about 4 or 5 stylists in the area, but unfortunatly the prices are so sky hi. I am still in the hospital when me and the baby get home I can try to remember to post some more info when I can

charizma00
09-22-2007, 08:18 AM
Ummm. let's see. .. Salon RayJay'z(Donna), the stylist I used to go to when I was relaxed, but she does natural hair also, kinda pricey but my hair always looked "healthy" and she buys the best products 513-244-7295, A shop called Sister Act, I hear both the stylists are natural 513-559-1888, and where I'll be going to start my loc journey, my friend goes there and says she likes the lady, 50 to start locs, 40 for maintainace (that's the cheapest I've heard here) her name is Rosemary 513-761-7998. Hope this helps.

sessn513
09-24-2007, 07:28 AM
Everyone thank you so much! :lol: As soon as I get paid I'm making an appointment and I'll let you know how it went. Im at a stage where its too long to be short and too short to be long so I'm just rockin a fro.

lafeeka81
09-24-2007, 08:57 AM
There is a salon on springfield pike called Posh, the owner Shae does really nice hair my friend was her assistant for a while. I think 2 other women do natural hair in the salon as well, it is in wyoming accross the street from my job so I can get the number for you when I go up there.

Idenity salon in kenwood also has a stylist named Valentine that does really good natural hair I have heard. And Saddiqs down town, was reccomended to me by one of my patients and she is supposed to give me the phone number.

Most of he Np members in cincinnati communicate through a yahoo group you can join with just a yahoo id. And if you red the past conversations there have been a lot of first hand experience with stylists here and they have gatherings.

Here is the link (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheNappyNati/)

sessn513
09-25-2007, 07:43 AM
Thank you so much everyone! :D I can't believe how nice everyone is. I joined the group on yahoo so thanks for the link. my yahoo id is miztlc03. I'm trying to become a person who can do my own hair at home because when I was a permie I relied on my hairdresser, (who nearly cussed me out cuz I waited so long last year to get a perm.) I just feel like my hair is at a awkward length so I cant do the two strand twists how I want. and I dont know if I have patience to do my own straw set .. but I can try.. dont get me wrong I love the fro!... anytime my bf sees me he puts his fist up :lol: but I saved every phone number on this forum so I can treat my self to a salon where I wouldn't feel uncomfortable . Thank you! and Lafeeka your baby boy is adorable congratulations!

theultra79
09-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Also try Dana at Nadi Hair Spa. She uses Karen's Body Beautiful products and she really knows her stuff. Very professional. Website is nadihairspa.com and the phone number is 513-671-1162.