PDA

View Full Version : Don't Wanna Call It Hypocrisy....

afroluvangel
09-20-2007, 01:07 PM
I am very angry by the horrible Jena 6 event just like most of us are :Angry: . I&#39;ve seen many even sporting their black today and some even talking about heading to Jena, LA in support of freeing the Jena 6. I live in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, part of "the Deep South". What I don&#39;t understand is that the same people around me who complain about this situation, are the same ones who are always giving me hell about my hair !?! My all natural, no weave in this scalp, no "just-for-me" is fine-by-me, beautiful, black hair???? We&#39;re angry about this injustice and that&#39;s cool, but I experience so much hostility from blacks regarding my hair, that I&#39;m wondering, "If you can&#39;t fully accept yourself as God made you, then why are you REALLY getting mad about the Jena 6?" I see this as a contradiction. So blacks only stick together if we "look right"(by european standards)? Let any of the Jena 6 have dreads or any natural hair style, some black would&#39;ve called them a "revoluntionary" :Angry: . All of the black women I see today wear so much weave that you never see them with their actual hair out. Siliconed-out, limp, but "blowing-in-the-breeze", so it&#39;s alright ;) type of hair <_< . I feel almost like Fishburne in School Daze, wanting to say, "Wake Da ---- Up!!!", but they don&#39;t hear me.

Most blacks are angry b/c the charges are outrageous, not b/c they will most likely face time in prison. Has anyone asked themselves, why are these guys potentially facing prison time at all? We, as a people, have learned to keep our mouths shut and play along, don&#39;t ruffle any feathers, basically don&#39;t make white people angry. Blacks hardly ever show up for MLK marches anymore during black history month, if it is ever celebrated, but atleast we get a day off from work, right <_< ? Even whites are greatful for that ish.....

Today, I received so many looks from blacks who were dressed in black in support of the Jena 6, but who still looked up side my side like I had s--t in it. How can you fight for something you&#39;re not proud of being??? And I&#39;m out.....

januaryjoy08
09-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Most blacks are angry b/c the charges are outrageous, not b/c they will most likely face time in prison. Has anyone asked themselves, why are these guys potentially facing prison time at all? [/b]

Exactly. The situation should have never come this far.

ashleyisthe1
09-20-2007, 04:48 PM
So blacks only stick together if we "look right"(by european standards)? Let any of the Jena 6 have dreads or any natural hair style, some black would&#39;ve called them a "revoluntionary" :Angry: . All of the black women I see today wear so much weave that you never see them with their actual hair out. Siliconed-out, limp, but "blowing-in-the-breeze", so it&#39;s alright ;) type of hair <_< . I feel almost like Fishburne in School Daze, wanting to say, "Wake Da ---- Up!!!", but they don&#39;t hear me.
[/b]

I agree completely with this statement. I currently go to Ball State University (in Indiana) and all the black people are jumping on the band wagon about the Jena 6, but I told a few people about the comments the editor of Glamour made about our natural hair being shocking and unprofessional and people laughed! I couldn&#39;t believe it!!! Apparently people only care about racism when it&#39;s cool to care....everybody was excited to wear black today and we even had a march on campus...but what about the racism that goes only daily? and what about taking a stand for our natural beauty???

mstnt
09-21-2007, 04:58 AM
Blacks are not ready to do internal cleansing, Sorry to say. I&#39;m still pissed at the NAACP silence over
that incident at Dunbar village.

JustKre
09-24-2007, 07:11 AM
Blacks are not ready to do internal cleansing, Sorry to say. I&#39;m still pissed at the NAACP silence over
[/b]

That&#39;s exactly what I was thinking.

swingbolder
09-27-2007, 11:24 AM
[/b]

Yup. We always cry loudly when white folks do us wrong but turn a blind eye when we do wrong to each other. I can&#39;t get too upset over the Jena 6 because if these same boys had beaten up a black boy no one would give a s***. No marches, no protests, no wearing black. Just business as usual.

simply natural
09-27-2007, 03:05 PM
a lot of people think slavery ended when shackles were taken off our feet. for the most part we have never address the issues that developed from that period of our history and we see evidence of that today. hair is one of the biggest areas to see mental slavery at work. its easy for the majority of African people to come together in support of racial injustice but they never consider the things that they do (and the way that they think) that supports the very system they are supposedly fighting against.

I am very angry by the horrible Jena 6 event just like most of us are :Angry: . I&#39;ve seen many even sporting their black today and some even talking about heading to Jena, LA in support of freeing the Jena 6. I live in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, part of "the Deep South". What I don&#39;t understand is that the same people around me who complain about this situation, are the same ones who are always giving me hell about my hair !?! My all natural, no weave in this scalp, no "just-for-me" is fine-by-me, beautiful, black hair???? We&#39;re angry about this injustice and that&#39;s cool, but I experience so much hostility from blacks regarding my hair, that I&#39;m wondering, "If you can&#39;t fully accept yourself as God made you, then why are you REALLY getting mad about the Jena 6?" I see this as a contradiction. So blacks only stick together if we "look right"(by european standards)? Let any of the Jena 6 have dreads or any natural hair style, some black would&#39;ve called them a "revoluntionary" :Angry: . All of the black women I see today wear so much weave that you never see them with their actual hair out. Siliconed-out, limp, but "blowing-in-the-breeze", so it&#39;s alright ;) type of hair <_< . I feel almost like Fishburne in School Daze, wanting to say, "Wake Da ---- Up!!!", but they don&#39;t hear me.

Most blacks are angry b/c the charges are outrageous, not b/c they will most likely face time in prison. Has anyone asked themselves, why are these guys potentially facing prison time at all? We, as a people, have learned to keep our mouths shut and play along, don&#39;t ruffle any feathers, basically don&#39;t make white people angry. Blacks hardly ever show up for MLK marches anymore during black history month, if it is ever celebrated, but atleast we get a day off from work, right <_< ? Even whites are greatful for that ish.....

Today, I received so many looks from blacks who were dressed in black in support of the Jena 6, but who still looked up side my side like I had s--t in it. How can you fight for something you&#39;re not proud of being??? And I&#39;m out.....
[/b]