PDA

View Full Version : So What Is The Best Deep Conditioner....?

ghetofabbabi2189
09-22-2007, 07:46 AM
Im still in search for the best deep conditioner...ppl say nexxus humectruss of keracare humecto but im not really intersted...but if you guys say one of them is the best i will purchase...but overall what is the best deep conditioner period...(and not just out of these two but in the whole world)....

jaimuziq
09-22-2007, 07:57 AM
Conditioners (http://www.nappturality.com/forum/index.php?act=Search&CODE=show&searchid=6a218692c362310c5f373c4b3db3d626&search_in=posts&result_type=topics&highlite=favorite+conditioner) :)

mzpoetic
09-22-2007, 09:07 AM
LustraSilk: Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus or the Olive Oil Conditioner Plus

shndlyn
09-22-2007, 11:03 AM
[/b]

I second the LustraSilk: Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus

sexyblu82
09-22-2007, 12:14 PM
[/b]

Both of those are great conditioners. I like to mix a little olive oil into the olive oil kind when I deep condition. The aloe vera kind is great also....makes my hair super soft and makes my curls POP!!!!!

ghetofabbabi2189
09-22-2007, 01:13 PM
oh i might just have to get that olive oil one then cuz im always searching for something to make my curls pop! but yea i did try the shea butter one and it was okay...but i think the ors pack was better...and smelled delicious...im just looking for a deep conditioner that will make my hair cottony soft

sexyblu82
09-22-2007, 02:24 PM
I want to try the ORS conditioner. I've heard good things about that conditioner also. Does it in a green pack?

MonicaAnderson22
09-22-2007, 03:46 PM
I want to try the ORS conditioner. I've heard good things about that conditioner also. Does it in a green pack?
[/b]

ORS Olive Oil replenishing pak is a good deep conditioner. It is the only one I use now. Yes it comes in a green pak. Check my fotki - products album I have a picture of it.

Alastri
09-22-2007, 10:15 PM
ORS Olive Oil replenishing pak is a good deep conditioner. It is the only one I use now. Yes it comes in a green pak. Check my fotki - products album I have a picture of it.
[/b]

what are the ingredients? i'd like to try it, but not if it has -cones.

afrobeauty77
09-23-2007, 06:06 PM
what are the ingredients? i'd like to try it, but not if it has -cones.
[/b]

This stuff is soooo good, but it has one cone. To counter that I always apply this deep treatment to dry hair, then I put my hair in big twist, let it do its' thing, detangle, and finally I shampoo. I always shampoo after I use this one so I can wash away that nasty cone.

jaimuziq
09-23-2007, 06:26 PM
This stuff is soooo good, but it has one cone. To counter that I always apply this deep treatment to dry hair, then I put my hair in big twist, let it do its' thing, detangle, and finally I shampoo. I always shampoo after I use this one so I can wash away that nasty cone.
[/b]

That's a good idea, thank you.

BlakMagic
09-23-2007, 09:49 PM
As far as favorite Deep conditioners go I will have to say Aubrey GPB :wub: sometimes I will apply it before I shampoo or after...but either way, I leave it in for at least 20 minutes...

Next...would be the Redken all soft heavy cream, This DC is the bomb :lol: and to me it's worth the splurge!
Not only does it leave my hair hella soft but it's the best detangler I've come across. I usually wash my hair in big sloppy braids. I apply this over the braids, wait 5 minutes, then take each one down. The comb glides right through.

But as far as price goes I would have to agree with the Lustrasilk Shea butter cholesterol Plus. As far as value goes it can't be beat... ^_^

MelanieRaven29
09-24-2007, 12:41 PM
I'd have to say...Aubrey's White Camelia--but the smell is of Vicks vapo rub to me. Conditions well and leave hair soft. I luuuruve Jessicurl's weekly seep treatment. Smells good and has left my hair the softest and most conditioned and moisturized more than any other dc that i've used. and Ive used alooooottt.

nedney
09-24-2007, 10:05 PM
Does anyone have a picture of the Lustra Silk Shea butter Cholesterol Plus? I would like to purchase this and just want to make sure I was getting the right one, also can I get this at Walmart?

ghetofabbabi2189
09-25-2007, 06:06 AM
thanks you guys!!! for all the responses...im goin to look into that Jessicurl's weekly seep treatment and the redken heavy cream...i just bought a butt load of products and really shouldnt be buying any more....lol OH WELL!!

gilroygal
09-25-2007, 06:53 AM
I LOVE KBB products!! I used her hair mask, but I think that her regular deep conditioner works just as well and it is almost half the price. I really don't see a benefit from the type of deep conditioning that most people do on here. As long as I condition after every shampoo I am good. Good luck!!

Promise24
09-25-2007, 09:36 AM
I have ORS hair Mayonnase. I done seen this around everywhere then i purchased it low and behold i read the ingredits and oops it has one cone in it. what would you say i add to it? or how can i use it as a really use it? shampoo, condition and deep condition?

JustKre
09-25-2007, 10:28 AM
Jessicurl has a weekly treatment DC that I love ... it has Shea and Cocoa butters in it ... :)

redecouverte
09-25-2007, 01:11 PM
the 2 best deep conditioner that my napps looooove
1) Aveda Intensive Damage Therapy Treatment
2) Karen's Body Beautiful Aromatherapy conditioner :wub:

Gacela20
06-05-2008, 11:52 AM
bumping for some more recommendations.

monappy28
06-05-2008, 12:19 PM
The best deep conditioner so far that my naps are in love with:

Oyin Honey Hemp

Elasta QP Intense Fortifying Conditioner

ORS Replenish Pak

B_Phlyy
06-05-2008, 06:40 PM
I'll always love my Queen Helene Cholesterol. Others turn their nose up at it because it has some supposedly "bad" ingredients in it, but my hair loves it.

cristalena
06-05-2008, 10:59 PM
L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture conditioner has been a favorite DC for a few years now:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21TQ09KJ6HL._AA280_.jpg

Gacela20
06-06-2008, 02:05 AM
^^I've heard consistently good things about that one. Do you use it with or without heat?

mymy
06-08-2008, 08:58 AM
My favorite is cholesterol mixed with olive oil. I like Proclaim, it is Sally Beauty Supply's store brand. It has petroleum in it, but it works well for my hair. And it doesn't have a strong smell like some other cholesterols.
I also liked Elasta QP DPR-11, but not as well as the cholesterol.

sweetnikki_6
06-10-2008, 09:24 PM
ohhhhhhhhhh i tried the elasta qp intensive conditioner on my daughters hair i hair to say it's a keeper! Her hair was mega soft even the next day! Love it to death and i haven't even used it on my hair yet!

dbboyd
06-12-2008, 03:42 AM
Finnally, I found a line that works wonders for me, Neutrogena Triple Moisture.... Mask and daily conditioner. They smell SO good, they feel SO creamy in your hand and they make your hair turn out SO soft. Ahh...I'm in love, I use it by the glob fulls.

finally_nappilicious
06-12-2008, 06:57 AM
I also used the ORS replenishing pak until it came in a 32oz. bottle now use that with aubrey's island conditoner its fab-lu-ous!!

cristalena
06-12-2008, 03:58 PM
^^I've heard consistently good things about that one. Do you use it with or without heat?
[/b]

I just slather on, comb it through, and hang out with a shower cap on my head for about 20 minutes.

sexyblu82
06-19-2008, 07:22 PM
I also used the ORS replenishing pak until it came in a 32oz. bottle now use that with aubrey's island conditoner its fab-lu-ous!!
[/b]

They finally put the ORS pack in a bottle!!!!! :bolt:

sweetnikki_6
06-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Update i used the elasta qp on my hair and it was soooooooo nice. i think it may work better for my daughter's hair but my have def felt pretty good!

qt4u2luv
06-24-2008, 06:14 PM
I'd say the best one that i've used since becoming natural is the elasta qp dpr-11. it's the only deep conditioner that i've bought more than once, but i'm always on the lookout for a new/better one

enviime
06-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Co-signing on the Elasta QP Dpr-11...I use Elasta fortifying intensive for my co-washes. I love this stuff.

http://public.fotki.com/enviime/

mikosbelle
06-27-2008, 08:25 PM
Komaza intense moisture therapy and Myhoneychild honey hair mask are my favorites right now.

fallinghair
06-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Over the last 2 months I have been trying to use only organic deep conditioners. But I have to say that the best conditoners for my hair, and I am going back to using them, are Asetalance by Inestra Mud pack and Protein conditoner. They make your hair soft and strong. I have not found anything comparable and I have wasted a lot of money on trying new stuff. Sometimes u need to go back to what works!! These conditoners have some cones in them but hey my hair is suffering from the lack of protein :( . You can get the products at www.brightonbeautysupply.com For those of you who live in Brooklyn, they are located in the Brighton Beach neighborhood.

monappy28
06-28-2008, 06:21 PM
I still believe in my Oyin Honey Hemp, but I have a haunch about something else! The other day I DC'd with Vatika oil mixed with my Avalon Organics Awapuhi Mango Moisturizing Conditioner(Long name I know :blush: ). I never used this conditioner as a DC cause it didn't have much slip and I just didn't care for it much in general, I just used it as a rinse out conditioner after I co-wash. So I had a small bit left and mixed it with the Vatika oil and my hair was crazy soft and easy to detangle after DCing with it. It's all gone now, but I truly believe that if I use Vatika Oil and my QP Elasta Intense Fortifying conditioner together, it will be an outstanding DC! I'm going to try it next week and I will tell you all what I think :)

Alastri
06-28-2008, 08:50 PM
[/b]

ITA!

Drumchick34
06-28-2008, 10:45 PM
The greatest deep conditioner I have ever used was lustrasilk olive oil conditioner plus mixed with honey, olive oil and matcha green tea powder! I swear this gets my hair soooo soft and my curls (or coils whatever) are really defined. If you guys have a vegetarian or whole foods store nearby you should try to find some matcha powder because it works so well. :)

kinkykhick
06-30-2008, 05:50 AM
I didn't think I had anything to add to this thread because Kenra Intensive Emollient Treatment was my fave deep conditioner and it was discontinued a couple of years ago. BUT finally I'm feeling another conditioner.

Aubrey Organics GPB! I know, I know, so many people on NP have raved about it but when I tried it 6 months ago my opinion of it was, meh; but after trying it again my hair is really feeling it - and a protein conditioner at that. I am usually a hate the feel of protein and run in the opposite direction of it at the very thought of it, but I've been converted. I'm moving it up in my rotation maybe once every 3 months instead of once every 6 months. :blush:

My hair feels stronger,more sheen, more body, styles easier, more oomph! :D

afrobeauty77
07-27-2008, 12:47 PM
[/b]

Got some of the shea butter and I like it alot, my naps feel soft and fluffy again. The price was right on time too. I am just mad that it took me so long to finally try this.