PDA

View Full Version : Do You Use Sesame Oil?

MissKittyMeeow
10-01-2007, 05:41 AM
Hey all,

I've read some interesting things about Sesame Oil (http://beauty.indobase.com/carrier-oils/sesame-oil.html) and was wondering if any of you have tried it?

What did you think? And how did you use it? I've got a bottle so I might try it in some mixes but thought it'd be great to hear other peoople's experiences too. I couldn't find anything on it when I did a search.

Thanks x

vnatural
10-01-2007, 10:02 AM
I've tried it and its like a regular oil that just sits on top of the hair. I didn't like the smell of it though, too strong.

Ketchup
10-01-2007, 11:18 AM
Damn..the scent of that ish is way tooo strong to use on my hair...

NewlyNappyNelle
10-01-2007, 12:14 PM
I'm allergic so personally, I would never use it.

Dae-Min
10-01-2007, 02:26 PM
The sesame oil I use is Hain Pure Foods (http://www.amazon.com/Hain-Pure-Foods-Sesame-Ounce/dp/B000FH18WC) Sesame Oil and this oil doesn't have a strong smell at all; maybe because it's not organic, iono.

I use it as the base oil for my sulfur mixture and I chose this oil because of it's vasodilating action.
I've never had a problem with buildup.

msjaim2
10-01-2007, 07:00 PM
I HEAR ITS PRETTY LIGHT .. I USE ALL OILS ON MY HAIR WHILE ITS DAMP THOUGH. ILL HAVE TO TRY IT OUT

MissKittyMeeow
10-03-2007, 04:06 AM
Oh wow! Sounds like providing your not allergic it can give mix results.

The reports i read for it sounded pretty convinving though, suggesting it's a good oil for skin as well as hair?

Its a bit confusing but I'd love to hear what you thought of it when you tried it msjaim

And thanks for the replies so far everyone,

MKMx

georgmj
10-03-2007, 08:38 AM
I've used the seasame oil and minoi oil from the Body Shop. I used it on my relaxed hair and on my skin and don't remember a strong smell. I'm not sure how it would feel on my natural hair though.

karasposa
10-03-2007, 10:07 AM
I'm using it now and I like it. It's one of the only oils that my hair likes and soaks up. And it's cheaper than most oils. I got a big bottle from the market for $4. Most others (just sit on top of my hair. The smell didn't bother me. I also rub some on my hands at feet at night when I am oiling my hair.

msjaim2
10-03-2007, 10:47 PM
U CAN ALWAYS ADD AN ESSENTIAL OIL TO MASK AN UNDESIRABLE SMELL OR ODOR.. IM GOING TO BUY SOME TOMORROW & USE IT AFTER I WASH MY LOCS.. ILL REPORT BACK.. MY LOCS TRULY LUV OILS

Scribetastic
10-04-2007, 04:37 AM
You know I eat so much Asian food with seasame oil now that and it seems so strong that I think I'd be hungry walking around with it on my hair ;)

MissKittyMeeow
10-07-2007, 02:34 AM
I'm using it now and I like it. It's one of the only oils that my hair likes and soaks up. And it's cheaper than most oils. I got a big bottle from the market for $4. Most others (just sit on top of my hair. The smell didn't bother me. I also rub some on my hands at feet at night when I am oiling my hair.
[/b]

Hi karaposa, have you noticed any softening/moisturising qualities when using it on your hands and feet?

msjaim2
10-30-2007, 06:09 PM
bump for the question above.. i just bought a bottle, but i want to use it when i freshly wash my hair this sat.

msjaim2
11-02-2007, 06:50 PM
decent moisturizer , but the smell is a lil strong( not too repulsive). i tried to mask it w/tangerine & clove eo... the "bad" smell doesnt last long though