PDA

View Full Version : Girlfriends

cyndependant
10-01-2007, 06:20 PM
ok i am chilling watching the season premier and am so irked @ Joan for picking on Aaron.

OH NO IRAQ! :o

jemilla
10-01-2007, 06:41 PM
so the season started already ?
i am so out of touch with t.v.
tell me what happened

Peanut7579
10-01-2007, 06:44 PM
ok i am chilling watching the season premier and am so irked @ Joan for picking on Aaron.
OH NO IRAQ! :o
[/b]

I'm starting to feel sorry for Joan. :( Why everytime she get a man something happens? I hope this time she actually gets married.

cyndependant
10-01-2007, 06:51 PM
***SPOILER AHEAD****

Well Joan and Aaron got into a fight about Joan wanting to wear the pants in the family. she was making decisions without consulting him (she bought a big fancy expensive stove after they agreed it was too high)

so she says she is gonna move out, while she is packing they make up. while they are hugging he sees some mail on the counter and he sees that his National Guard reserve unit has been called to Iraq :(

mrandmrsmer
10-01-2007, 07:03 PM
I peeped it. It's too bad. :( Guess we'll see what happens.

jemilla
10-01-2007, 07:04 PM
^ ok.....and.........? anything funny? what up with maya? what up with lynn or william?

thanks cyn

Oasis
10-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Did Lynn gain weight?

Joan is going to be alone forever.

PrincessDrRe
10-01-2007, 07:23 PM
I stopped watchin' when the network switched to the CW....I was done!

napturallyme
10-01-2007, 07:52 PM
It was actually a good episode. They addressed real life issues with the argument between Aaron and Joan. Too bad, Aaron won't be on the show anymore, I would have loved to see them work through their issues. Joan needs to stop always trying to be in control.

I've noticed a trend in the show, one season will be crappy and then the next will be good.

mahsoul1
10-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Lynn's band sounded nice and she finally has a place to stay (joan's house) where she is actually paying rent. Good to see her doing something and not being a leech.

Something happens everytime with Joan...its scary bc I see my own traits in her sometimes. :huh: The money talk needs to be had ---what kind of life they both want is important to talk about.

I hope Aaron doesnt have to go for long or at all. It would be nice to see them try to actually make a Joan relationship work...I like Joan and want her to work through her issues.

Good premier. Still miss Toni. Mya was right for telling Joan she was being stupid ( even though both her and Aaron need to give and get imo)---that woman is funny.

The show Game was good too. I wonder what Mel is going to do about school.

Queencece
10-01-2007, 08:47 PM
I just like when Joan cries. :lol: She cracks me UP! :lol:

:( I hope that Aaron doesn't have to go to IRAQ too.
I hope Joan's relationship can work. She needs to be with someone this season.
Lynn did look like she gained some weight.
Why was Monica drinking so much? Did I miss something?

DivinelyMe
10-01-2007, 08:55 PM
The Joan can't keep a man/runs men off/whatever, story line is working my nerves. Is this her fate until the SERIES finale? Is that when she'll finally get married? Well, I guess if that's the premise of the show, but dang, how many relationships can we see her mess up before it becomes annoying and redundant?
RANT OVER
However, I do like that this seems to be a new approach as far as bringing to light the fact that she wants to wear the pants in the relationship, and that she actually admitted that she wanted to stay and humbled herself a bit (this may have been explored in other seasons, but I stopped watching for a while so this is new to me)... BUT, as soon as she did that, now it looks like her man is being taken away! BOO!!!!! :Angry:

intelsis
10-02-2007, 12:38 AM
joan's character is insanly annoying...i mean damn, how many times can you get and then lose a man because of your issues. when she started crying at the end i almost puked. i guess good acting was in effect

freelocks
10-02-2007, 02:27 AM
Joan always talks too much with every man she is with. Aaron displayed such patience with her until her mouth got the best of her. I don't think they should have been talking about their issues in front of their friends. Joan is selfish and doesn't think before she speaks. Aaron is so handsome.

Why dod they have to bring Iraq into the story line? Argh!

napturallyme
10-02-2007, 05:42 AM
^^^ They had to make Aaron go to Iraq because Richard T. Jones got job on another show, that's what I heard. So, Aaron will not be on this season. Maybe they will bring him back for the finale and Joan will have her dream wedding. I hope so.

Beautifully Human
10-02-2007, 06:22 AM
:offtop: Your hair looks fab in your avatar pic napturallyme :wub:

ON TOPIC: Haven't seen girlfriends consistently in like forever. Since I don't have all those extra american channels I get the left overs shown on a Canadian network and the eps aren't consistent so I don't really know what is going on. One day i'll catch up ;)

cyndependant
10-02-2007, 06:27 AM

ON TOPIC: Haven't seen girlfriends consistently in like forever. Since I don't have all those extra american channels I get the left overs shown on a Canadian network and the eps aren't consistent so I don't really know what is going on. One day i'll catch up ;)
[/b]

girl, u can watch the full episodes on the CW website :)

ok i am really enjoying girlfriends. suprisingly, I dont miss toni as much as i thought i would. I thought i would be missing her sarcasm and snappy comebacks. but last night was a prime example of a situation that would have been made worse had toni been there. If Joan had said that mess to Aaron about him not making as much as her and Toni overheard she would have rode that horse til the end of the season.

napturallyme
10-02-2007, 06:28 AM

[/b]

You can watch the episodes on the CW Network's website

Big Teezy
10-02-2007, 07:31 AM
I didnt watch Girlfriends till the end. Maya is still pregnant right?

Chyna Black
10-02-2007, 07:33 AM

[/b]

Simply beautiful napturallyme!! :wub: :wub:

I enjoyed the show last night, and although Joan's insecurity has been done over & over I think until she finally addresses all that madness she will be alone. Last season before she met Aaron she was working on her self but then she lost it again in a man. I think once they send him off she will wait for him and work on her crazy.

I can do without Maya. I love William need more of him this year.....

redecouverte
10-02-2007, 08:53 AM
i like the premiere as well..
i think it is nice that the different couples are getting along, hanging out together
but poor Joan...
why bring Iraq when she finally wants to work her issues?
the scary thing, i recognize myself in her....i don't want someone to walk all over me that i put in so many barriers and ready to jump at the person's throat if he tries to be controlling :(

i guess they also brought the Iraq issue to add a little something something..because last season it seems like a happy ending....well, we'll see how it unfolds ^_^

philly1206
10-02-2007, 10:05 AM
I've noticed a trend in the show, one season will be crappy and then the next will be good.
[/b]

so...is this a good one or a bad one? :dunno:

what i really wanna know is... were those locs in lynn's hair? it looked lovely!

napturallyme
10-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Simply beautiful napturallyme!! :wub: :wub:
[/b]

so...is this a good one or a bad one? :dunno:

what i really wanna know is... were those locs in lynn's hair? it looked lovely!
[/b]

This is starting out good. Last season was not good. Toni's last season was good

I think those were braids. I was trying to figure out though if they were extensions because the ends were straight and I thought Lynn was natural but f.lat irons her hair

Speaking of hair, I love Joan's haircut and the shape. I wish I could get a similar shape.

ValleyOfDecision
10-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Joan is a jackazz and talks way too much. <_< I&#39;m glad Maya told her that she&#39;s stupid. <_< And she looks gross when she cries. :puke2:

Looking forward to this season.

rachelnatalie
10-02-2007, 07:19 PM

ON TOPIC: Haven&#39;t seen girlfriends consistently in like forever. Since I don&#39;t have all those extra american channels I get the left overs shown on a Canadian network and the eps aren&#39;t consistent so I don&#39;t really know what is going on. One day i&#39;ll catch up ;)
[/b]

Hey girl,

the same lineup is on SunTV on a monday night... at least that&#39;s what I saw last night. Check it out for next week.

Beautifully Human
10-03-2007, 09:05 AM
^^Thanks sis i&#39;ll check it out :)

SimKai
10-03-2007, 09:36 AM
Joan is just erking the mess out of me. She&#39;s so annoying. Get a grip lady!!! She just knows how to mess up a good thing.

newmoe1
10-08-2007, 06:13 PM
how can anyone watch this show joan make my stomach hurt

then the other are just boring
i think this show was good at one time

what happen

tiwalker
10-08-2007, 06:22 PM
I watched tonight and I wasn&#39;t impressed. It is now looking like Joan may never get married. But then, if she gets married---there won&#39;t be a show anymore. :lol:

Neosoul
10-08-2007, 06:23 PM
how can anyone watch this show joan make my stomach hurt

then the other are just boring
i think this show was good at one time

what happen
[/b]

I&#39;m enjoying this season more than the last few. Tonight I felt Joan&#39;s pain and I was sorry for her.

mzunyque
10-08-2007, 07:08 PM
^^^ i agree. i like joan and i hope they don&#39;t write aaron off the show....i really like him.

i was trying to figure out if lynn was locking her hair too! i can&#39;t tell.

maya is looking really pretty this season. i think they finally got her makeup right.

i STILL miss toni though.

Queencece
10-08-2007, 07:40 PM
^^^ i agree. i like joan and i hope they don&#39;t write aaron off the show....i really like him.
Maya is looking really pretty this season. i think they finally got her makeup right.
[/b]

True! Maya used to look like a damn ghost... all pale and whatnot. And she was brown skin! :unsure: Now, she&#39;s looking like she should. Kudos to the makeup artists!

I like Aaron too, but he&#39;s going to be gone for awhile. Hopefully, Joan gets married at the end of this season. I would hate for the show to end with her not having anyone. I felt bad for her at the end too. :(

I like Lynn&#39;s hair. It looks like braids.

napturallyme
10-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Tonight&#39;s episode was blah. The theme of Joan&#39;s love life is so tired

roxygirl
10-08-2007, 08:11 PM
i STILL miss toni though.
[/b]
me too. :(

i do think this season is already MUCH better than the last one.

i :wub: aaron and really hope they don&#39;t kill him off. as crazy as joan is (and i am so not digging her hair ... except that cute little pulled back style at the very end) i want her to finally find happiness so she can stop being so crazy.

monica is super annoying again this season. she showed a bit of depth in the last one, but it seems like they&#39;re backtracking to her heartless days.

i am wondering about lynn&#39;s hair, too.

maya and darnell are cute. :)

AuNappturale
10-09-2007, 06:51 AM
I didnt watch Girlfriends till the end. Maya is still pregnant right?
[/b] She&#39;s supposed to be, but doesn&#39;t look it. They could at least put her in a baggy t-shirt. Spandex tanktop on her small frame makes it pretty obvious she isn&#39;t pregnant.

I&#39;m enjoying this season more than the last few. Tonight I felt Joan&#39;s pain and I was sorry for her.
[/b]Yeah, I felt her pain, too, and felt so sorry for her @ the end when she cried. Between this show and the CW, makes it look like Black women are all cried out and pitiful. Are &#39;other&#39; sitcoms this depressing, crazy, and dramatic? (Aside from Grey&#39;s Anatomy, this is the only TV I watch, so the question isn&#39;t rhetorical.)

Off topic: WTH is Aliens in America and how did it end up in Monday night&#39;s lineup. I caught the end of it last week, waiting on Girlfriends, and there&#39;s a Black football player as the daughter&#39;s boyfriend at dinner?? My goodness, TV has really changed.)

Neosoul
10-09-2007, 07:07 AM
:offtop: Sorry for the hijack but I hate "Aliens In America". I find that show extremely culturally offensive ... Ugh!!!

@AuN... I see your point ... we&#39;ve moved from sexually aggressive ... to pitiful and cried out. <_<

Chyna Black
10-09-2007, 07:55 AM
maya is looking really pretty this season. i think they finally got her makeup right.

[/b]

:noway: :noway: The only thing pretty about Maya is Darnell.... :lol: Didn&#39;t their storyline for a minute have an Roxanne feel with the drug? Just me....okay....

Not really feeling Lynn&#39;s hair.....but I felt Joan&#39;s pain. I don&#39;t think Girlfriend is showing the Black woman cried out as much as they show the things that affect women. Not trying to be too deep into it because I am just looking for entertainment, but IMO the issues of finally finding some one to love then have something happen to not allow the love is realistic in my parts within my own cirlce of friends.

I think the season is moving along and I plan to ride this out until the wheels fall off..... ^_^

AfrikaIzin_My_Hair
10-09-2007, 08:34 AM
I haven&#39;t seen the 2nd episode, just the first. I liked it, but why are they putting to much music in the show?!?! Come on...this is not Dawson&#39;s Creek <_<

AuNappturale
10-11-2007, 11:17 PM
^^^ Ooh, I loved the music in Dawson&#39;s Creek.

puchi
10-14-2007, 03:20 PM
People still watch this show? LOL I havent seen the new eps since they switched to the CW. What night does it come on?

AuNappturale
10-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Same night. Mondays.

YorubaQueen
10-16-2007, 10:15 AM
i don&#39;t know if anyone else watched it last night but it had me cracking up for one...and i&#39;m becoming more impressed with the writing and topics that are being covered in the show. i like the fitna jar they had on there (and all the 20s william put in there :lol: ). it&#39;s good to see black women talk about the b-word, how it affects us, and how loosely it is used. GF has been having a lot of great topics this year and i&#39;m really proud of them this time around. but i am disappointed in lynn sleeping with EVERY tom dick and hank she can get her hands on...damn

Chyna Black
10-16-2007, 10:23 AM
^^^^But really you don&#39;t know someone in real life that is like that? I does get repetitive even in he tv world. But I felt she did the right thing going to the House of Blues to play there, it shows she is moving toward something. The fling was one back step she has to improve on.

William is my favorite girlfriend...... :P

YorubaQueen
10-16-2007, 10:35 AM
:lol: @ will being your favorite GF...he&#39;s the main reason why i even watch the show LMAO
And i don&#39;t know any sistahs personally that walk around calling each other the B word...i haven&#39;t done that in YEARS....but it&#39;s good that they are drawing attention to it...and her son (i&#39;m getting like Toni now forgetting his name) was KILLING me on his little film with his scrawny behind

cyndependant
10-16-2007, 11:32 AM
yeah Jabari had me ROLLING. that was the funniest thing he done did! when he was doing those pushups i spit out my pop!

I have always wondered their facination with the B word on this show, and i am glad they are finally addressing it and nto just stopping it. Good show <strike>tonight!</strike> last night

AuNappturale
10-16-2007, 11:54 AM
^^^^But really you don&#39;t know someone in real life that is like that? I does get repetitive even in he tv world. But I felt she did the right thing going to the House of Blues to play there, it shows she is moving toward something. The fling was one back step she has to improve on.

William is my favorite girlfriend...... :P
[/b]Yep! Me, too. She&#39;s played for nothing for too long and you DO NOT turn down the HOBs.

I thought I was the only one who watched & &#39;preciated last night when I didn&#39;t see any new posts. I was feeling all giddy with the socially-conscious theme of this episode (AND The Game&#39;s). I KNEW Jabari was gonna come at his mama about how they use the word. I got SO tired of them using it all the time. Someone must&#39;ve written some letters. I also liked the fact that they brought out Joan didn&#39;t use it all the time and didn&#39;t sound right using it. ALL Black women don&#39;t go around calling themselves the b-word and there are some &#39;other&#39; folks who actually believe we do. I had an &#39;other&#39; friend try that on me once. I had to check her with the quickness. She tried to explain herself and how she and her other Black friend use it affectionately all the time. The Black friend looked embarrassed & tried to deny it. Probably because I was standing there. Anyway, I was like, I know we&#39;re cool and you think you&#39;re down &#39;cause you like hairbeads and hotsauce, but please don&#39;t disrepect. (Shoot, she also tried to have a convo with me about when it was appropriate to use the n-word. Straight up told her she didn&#39;t have a say, bein&#39; yt & all.)

mahsoul1
10-16-2007, 12:03 PM
Anyway, I was like, I know we&#39;re cool and you think you&#39;re down &#39;cause you like hairbeads and hotsauce, but please don&#39;t disrepect. (Shoot, she also tried to have a convo with me about when it was appropriate to use the n-word. Straight up told her she didn&#39;t have a say, bein&#39; yt & all.)
[/b]

:lol: :lol:

mahsoul1
10-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Did anybody catch the "chocolate rain" ringtone on Lynn&#39;s phone? :lol:

Big Teezy
10-23-2007, 06:42 AM
I had a feeling Maya was going to have a miscarriage.

YorubaQueen
10-23-2007, 07:38 AM
yeah i feel sorry for her having the miscarriage but DAMN she should have sat her tail down. I HATE maya on this show. at first i was like ok she&#39;s just a little much...she&#39;s TOO damn much for me always trying to be somebody&#39;s momma with her loud self. (i just don&#39;t like loud people...maybe that&#39;s why i can&#39;t stand her :lol: ) but she needs to go somewhere...always trying to check someone and whatnot.
and what in the hell is up with lynn? i mean she is just way out there. first night? she&#39;s sleeping with folks who&#39;s name she doesn&#39;t know? she&#39;s acting more like a groupee instead of a grouper...y&#39;all know what i mean.
and joan...bless her heart but i don&#39;t blame her for gettingin lynn&#39;s behind about her property. that is still HER name on the mortgage or property taxes and she has to fix that. and how can lynn be mad about joan walking in HER house when her and the rest of the crew used to fall up in there all the time unannounced without knocking (she should have locked her daggone door lol)
and i just love will and monica...they have about the most sense on the whole show!

Neosoul
10-23-2007, 08:50 AM
YQ ... you summed up my thoughts about last night well. Lynn needs to back the hell up with her attitude since all they all did was invade Joan&#39;s privacy and leech off her.

And when are they going to loose slutty Lynn. The writers took a backward step after growing her up with a house and a job to move her back to sleeping with every Tom, D.ick and Harry.

And Ms Maya ... you lost your book deal because you&#39;re lazy and a big trash talker. The miscarriage was bound to happen ... I didn&#39;t think it would last long since it never seemed as if the baby was long-term. That pregnancy was the writers&#39; attempt to spotlight her for a bit and now her spot light is ova ;) .

Chyna Black
10-23-2007, 10:28 AM
Once again William and Monica were my favorite of the episode. :wub:

Monica had a couple of funny lines. Negro please, when she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror & talking about them agreeing to never take advice from Joan. :lol: More but yall get it...... :D

I was alittle sad for Scary Maya&#39;s miscarriage. I have a feeling that this will be the season they address Lynn&#39;s sleeping around more because last week she finally did the right thing by playing the HOB so its just a few ep away from happening.

Its been done and done just like Joan&#39;s control issues.

DeepBluSea
10-23-2007, 10:34 AM
Man, I have missed the last 2 weeks and the CW website acting funny. I need to catch up.

YorubaQueen
10-23-2007, 11:20 AM
yeah they do need to be getting in Lynn&#39;s behind...
nothing against a woman getting her&#39;s but damn...she&#39;s way out there...not knowin the cat&#39;s name, or that he was mute...sad sad sad....
but Maya....i&#39;d rather them bring back Toni and get rid of Maya...she is just SOOOOOOOOO much....but I guess she&#39;ll be aiight

cyndependant
10-23-2007, 11:27 AM
it took me a while but i like maya. i started to like her when she and darnell were having their problems.

As flaky as lynn is, Joan knew that upon letting her rent from her. she really shouldnt be coming in there on lynn like that, just like lynn should not have been doing it to joan all those years. on a seperate note... thee house looks better with lynns decor than it did with joan&#39;s.

YorubaQueen
10-23-2007, 11:39 AM
now i love darnell he&#39;s too funny. i like this darnell (i can&#39;t think of his name to save my life) better than flex...
and the house does look better with lynn&#39;s decorations in it ...it looks a lot warmer and earthier...i want her to come and handle my house :D

Misstery
10-24-2007, 03:56 AM
1st I know i got too much goin on here, but I LOVE THIS SHOW :wub:

It was actually a good episode. They addressed real life issues with the argument between Aaron and Joan. Too bad, Aaron won&#39;t be on the show anymore, I would have loved to see them work through their issues. Joan needs to stop always trying to be in control.

What?! why I like Aaron, dang can Joan have a man for a minute!?

what i really wanna know is... were those locs in lynn&#39;s hair? it looked lovely!

Really? I&#39;m just not feelin lynn&#39;s hair. I tried to like it, but its too much, maybe if she took some jewlery off, she jus got a lot goin on wit her appearance.

:offtop: Sorry for the hijack but I hate "Aliens In America". I find that show extremely culturally offensive ... Ugh!!!
<_<

Why do you find the show offensive. I have heard some folks say they felt like it was racist and descriminatory to Muslim folks, and Middle Easteners, but i feel like the show is more of a commentary on America, and American&#39;s. I feel like its trying to show how ridiculous stereotypes and perceptions of Middle Easterns are. But this is just my opinion.

Yeah! I was :lol:

I had a feeling Maya was going to have a miscarriage.

me too! I knew it!

now i love darnell he&#39;s too funny. i like this darnell (i can&#39;t think of his name to save my life) better than flex...
and the house does look better with lynn&#39;s decorations in it ...it looks a lot warmer and earthier...i want her to come and handle my house :D

yes yes yes! this darnell is funny and Fine! yes! and I need Lynn to come hook up my dorm.

jemilla
10-24-2007, 04:03 PM
CW is acting up. somebody please give me a detailed synopsis of what happened Monday.

Thanks

mzunyque
10-24-2007, 06:19 PM
Anyway, I was like, I know we&#39;re cool and you think you&#39;re down &#39;cause you like hairbeads and hotsauce, but please don&#39;t disrepect. (Shoot, she also tried to have a convo with me about when it was appropriate to use the n-word. Straight up told her she didn&#39;t have a say, bein&#39; yt & all.)
[/b]

:lol: :lol: hilarious!

[/b]

yeah i did! i was cracking up. lol.

it took me a while but i like maya. i started to like her when she and darnell were having their problems.

As flaky as lynn is, Joan knew that upon letting her rent from her. she really shouldnt be coming in there on lynn like that, just like lynn should not have been doing it to joan all those years. on a seperate note... thee house looks better with lynns decor than it did with joan&#39;s.
[/b]

i was thinking that too. joan&#39;s decor was kinda boring.

i love darnell. he was so cute being all concerned and maya was just getting on my nerves! whew! i hope the baby is alright though. it may just be a scare. i bet she will sit her butt down somewhere now.

i&#39;m so happy girlfriend&#39;s is getting good again! yay! ...and yes, i STILL miss toni. lol.

Scrills
10-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Isn&#39;t this Darnell the guy from JUICE?

Chyna Black
10-26-2007, 07:54 AM
^^^^^Yes he is!!!!!!!! Khalil Kain was Raheem and Bishop killed him......now why you take me back?????????? :blush:

Got to go find my movie..... ^_^

jemilla
10-27-2007, 03:31 AM
bump

whitmone
10-29-2007, 06:57 PM
what happen to jabari {i do not know how to spell tis boy name} i haven&#39;t watchedd the show in a minute

so can someone tell me whats going on

jemilla
10-29-2007, 07:40 PM
it didn&#39;t come on in my city. did that happen to anyone else? or did it come on on a different time?

missladee622
10-30-2007, 06:22 AM
what happen to jabari {i do not know how to spell tis boy name} i haven&#39;t watchedd the show in a minute

[/b]

Why did I ask my friend the same thing last night? Ain&#39;t seen that kid in a whole minute.

It was a good show. Monica was killing me with that takeout Chinese dinner party... :lol: :lol:

mzunyque
10-30-2007, 07:06 AM
i was all sad with darnell at the end. :(

good show.

redecouverte
10-30-2007, 07:35 AM
Joan needs stop be a control freak!
it is so annoying at the end!!
I felt so bad for Darnell when he cried at the end...i wanted to give him a hug

Big Teezy
10-30-2007, 07:57 AM
I just went on the CW website to see what happens next week and wow. I cant wait for next week. I am starting to like this show.
Is it just me or does Maya seems so disconnected right now. I kinda liked the Chinese Takeout idea. Pick whatever you want.

missladee622
10-30-2007, 08:04 AM
[/b]

Me too!!!! I was disturbed that it took her so long to even go over there to him...

Chyna Black
10-30-2007, 08:06 AM
Yeah I wanted to run to Darnell and hold him close to my heart when he started crying. I think Maya will have a break down later on.

As for Little Jumanji, I mean Gymboree or is it Jam on It....sorry had a Toni moment..... :blush: He was on the show a few weeks back. The one with him calling folks the "B" word. I want the original Jolly Rancher back!!!

It was a good episode, I love me some Monica!!!!!!

kurliehead
10-30-2007, 08:35 AM
Last night was good. I felt for Darnell, wanted to hold him and cry right along with him. At first I was thinking why it took Maya so long to go to him, but I think it’s because she is used to him being strong and not showing much emotion. So now, she had to be strong for him and it took her a minute.

I like Monica, she’s a trip. I’m glad she told Joan about her self because Joan is so extra at times.

SweetHoneyLocs
10-30-2007, 08:37 AM
[/b]

U ain&#39;t the only one. I was yelling at the tv "Dang Maya go give your man a hug, he needs you. He already told you that, come from underneath your rock already." I really felt bad for him, he wanted that baby so bad.

*and I don&#39;t blame him for holding resentment towards Maya. Cause she could not slow down for 1 min.*

Bravo for crazy Monica putting Joan in her place.........

whitmone
10-30-2007, 08:37 AM
yeah i remember when they had the show with jadari on his myspace blog act a damn fool but thats the lasted i remember

Queencece
10-31-2007, 01:22 PM
U ain&#39;t the only one. I was yelling at the tv "Dang Maya go give your man a hug, he needs you. He already told you that, come from underneath your rock already." I really felt bad for him, he wanted that baby so bad.

*and I don&#39;t blame him for holding resentment towards Maya. Cause she could not slow down for 1 min.*

Bravo for crazy Monica putting Joan in her place.........
[/b]

IA. Monica (and Willie) did her thing! I was like :clap: Bout time.
I understand that they needed to grieve, but they acted like they couldn&#39;t try again. Like that was their last chance EVER to have a baby. I did feel for Darnell and wondered why Maya took so long too, but she had to get herself together first then be there for him. I think a breakdown is acoming too.

kakao
11-03-2007, 05:28 PM
I have a feeling that this will be the season they address Lynn&#39;s sleeping around more because last week she finally did the right thing by playing the HOB so its just a few ep away from happening.
[/b]
I agree.
They need to grow Lynn&#39;s charecter....she has stagnated for years. She may get pregnant? Gewt soem disease and get eliminated?

This show jumped the shark seasons ago...to me. The Game is better now...

redecouverte
11-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Joan was so annoying yesterday before she started crying again
i am like people leave Maya alone. If she says she is okay, then let her be okay :unsure:

Chyna Black
11-06-2007, 11:42 AM
^^^Yeah I am past Joan these days I need more William and Monica.

Does Lynn have a clear area on her body anymore? She is tattooed.....if that&#39;s a word.....

YorubaQueen
11-06-2007, 01:00 PM
:ninj: persia white&#39;s (lynn&#39;s) tattoos :ninj:
http://mediatakeout.com/15621/persia_white...dy_tattoos.html (http://mediatakeout.com/15621/persia_white_shows_off_all_her_full_body_tattoos.h tml)

Which are FABULOUS by the way IMO

Chyna Black
11-06-2007, 02:35 PM
^^^Oh I don&#39;t have a problem I was curious as to where can she put another one! :huh: I actually remember when the show started she didn&#39;t have that many. Much love cause I chickened out with one tiny tat on my shoulder...... ^_^

JeanBean
11-06-2007, 05:50 PM
The show started off slow, but it got interesting by the end. Poor Joan, what a mess!

missladee622
11-06-2007, 06:01 PM
http://mediatakeout.com/15621/persia_white...dy_tattoos.html (http://mediatakeout.com/15621/persia_white_shows_off_all_her_full_body_tattoos.h tml)

[/b]

Thanks for posting this. I love her tats, they are hot!!!
I&#39;ve always loved that one on her stomach that goes all the way around to her back.

BTW was that a back piercing I saw? Hmmm

roxygirl
11-06-2007, 06:29 PM

[/b]
love, love, LOVE the tats and how it seems that she comes back with a new one each season.

my friend interviewed her for a magazine profile (she said she was VERY nice and friendly, btw) and i wanted her to ask her about the tats, but she said she was worried it would be too personal. i probably would have done the same thing. :blush:

Lovelocks
11-06-2007, 06:46 PM
I&#39;m sooooo not one for tats, but hers are pretty. I don&#39;t really like the one on her arm but I love the one on her leg.

I missed yesterday&#39;s ep. I guess I&#39;ll have to catch it online.

mzunyque
11-06-2007, 06:59 PM
^^^ i was thinking the same thing. i love that tattoo on her leg. hot like fiyah!

creativity
11-07-2007, 06:48 AM
I think the show the other night was one of the worst yet. It went nowhere for along while.

Queencece
11-07-2007, 04:09 PM
I caught the show. I was like, who&#39;s going to break down this week? I feel bad for Joan though. She really wants Aaron to come home, but she is carrying on in an unhealthy way. She needs to talk to someone before it gets out of hand.

:lol: William&#39;s reaction to the baby. :clap: for him and Monica.

Maya should be left alone. If she&#39;s says she&#39;s okay, then she&#39;s okay! I don&#39;t believe it myself, but nobody can force her to talk. As mentioned before, I think her breakdown is coming.

AuNappturale
11-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Monica had a couple of funny lines. Negro please, when she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror & talking about them agreeing to never take advice from Joan. :lol: More but yall get it...... :D
[/b]
It kills me every time she calls him that. Said it, too, when he took too long to answer about the baby. "Negro, it don&#39;t take THAT long."

Why do you find the show offensive. I have heard some folks say they felt like it was racist and descriminatory to Muslim folks, and Middle Easteners, but i feel like the show is more of a commentary on America, and American&#39;s. I feel like its trying to show how ridiculous stereotypes and perceptions of Middle Easterns are. But this is just my opinion.
[/b] Yes, the show is very offensive. They&#39;re trying to play it off by making it some type of political commentary the same way they did with Archie Bunker in All in the Family. The reality is the show continues to perpetuate stereotypes about Middle Easterners b/c if people already think they behave that way, the show&#39;s confirming that for them. Additionally, the writers have NO real clue about racism. It&#39;s very insulting the way they try to say the nerdy higher schooler being an outcast is the same as a Pakistani in Amerikkka being an outcast. You can outgrow nerdiness, but you can&#39;t wipe away your race/ethnicity/color so easily. So not the same thing. :Angry:

^^^^^Yes he is!!!!!!!! Khalil Kain was Raheem and Bishop killed him......now why you take me back?????????? :blush:

Got to go find my movie..... ^_^
[/b] Dang, Chyna. You went way back! However do you remember that??

Me too!!!! I was disturbed that it took her so long to even go over there to him...
[/b] Yeah, I was saying in my head, "Please go over to him, Maya." I thought it was sweet how she just put her head on his lap. I&#39;m a sucka for a man & some tears, so this episode really had me.

Lynn was too stupid @ the end of the episode where she told Joan to let it out, she was a little blue, too. :lol:

ETA: Thanks guys for turning me on to Chocolate Rain. Figured I&#39;d find out what it was on YouTube and was surprised to find it was some average Joe singing his own music. Hilarious how it turned up on the show. Had to go back & rewind so I could hear it on Lynn&#39;s phone. Now, why does Chocolate Rain guy have to look like that when he sings?

Chyna Black
11-10-2007, 06:12 PM
:offtop: You talking about Juice! I love all movies with the late great Tupac, well not that one with him and James Belushi "Gang Related" that one sucked......

But all the black movies that started a new generation you know
"Jason&#39;s Lyric", "Poetic Justice", "New Jack City" "Set it Off" ...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Coco_P
11-10-2007, 07:10 PM
Yea, I was so sad for him when he was crying too. There was an awkward moment when Maya was just standing there. But I felt so bad for them. I think it will come back up. Maya says shes fine now. We&#39;ll see.

Lovelocks
11-11-2007, 09:32 PM
sigh...oh how I wish somebody would cut poor Joan some slack. Can she ever be happy? Can something ever work out for her? Ever?
Sadly, I&#39;m starting to enjoy The Game waay more than Girlfriends, but I did enjoy this episode, just tired of Joan never being happy for more than 1 or 2 episodes.

Nappilocs
11-12-2007, 07:47 AM
I wouldn&#39;t put that many tats on my body. But I think hers are fiyah!
I thought the last episode was really good.

Chyna Black
11-13-2007, 07:56 AM
I haven&#39;t been much of a Maya fan, but she had me crying ugly last night when she finally breaks down after D questions her about taking drugs.

(Is it me or is tv land addressing more drug stories? :unsure: )

@AuNappturale we got another Negro please last night from Monica when she hurt her back on the stairs!! Oh the nicknames from William!! :lol: :lol:

And in case you are all curious I too come from a long line of snap back women!! :lol:

roxygirl
11-13-2007, 08:02 AM
@AuNappturale we got another Negro please last night from Monica when she hurt her back on the stairs!! Oh the nicknames from William!! :lol: :lol:
[/b]
i was thinking of this thread as soon as she said that! :lol:

And in case you are all curious I too come from a long line of snap back women!! :lol:
[/b]
TMI, chyna. TMI. <_< :lol: :lol:

Chyna Black
11-13-2007, 09:45 AM
:lol: ^^^^^ :lol: I had to share!!

Oh what about William telling Darnell to be careful confronting Maya because she could have that "Crack" strength...... :D

gigglezk
11-13-2007, 09:53 AM
Maya&#39;s acting was WHACK last night. I was so glad when she stopped talking and just cried. I thought her lines were good but the actress just didn&#39;t deliver them good. But moving forward, it was a good episode. I think the industry is going to "rape" Lynn. I just don&#39;t see this storyline working out for her. They need to confront her sexual issues first.

poohslocs
11-13-2007, 10:32 AM
I read in Sister 2 Sister Magazine that this is the last season for Girlfriends. The actress that plays Monica (Keesha Sharp), said that it was the last season in an interview.

SweetHoneyLocs
11-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Maya&#39;s acting was WHACK last night. I was so glad when she stopped talking and just cried. I thought her lines were good but the actress just didn&#39;t deliver them good. But moving forward, it was a good episode. I think the industry is going to "rape" Lynn. I just don&#39;t see this storyline working out for her. They need to confront her sexual issues first.
[/b]

Maya acting was okay. I was more like :huh: when they had her crawling on the floor like a crack head. In real Lynn is a singer and has a band. I think her sexuality is what is going to sell her to industry, she is not afraid to be sexual and in control of the sex. I love her tats, but I am a fan of tats. I would love to get one similar to what she had on her leg, but that ish is to big (more like to much pain).

Monica is funny has heck, her line delivery is always on time.

gigglezk
11-13-2007, 11:12 AM
I think her sexuality is what is going to sell her to industry, she is not afraid to be sexual and in control of the sex. .
[/b]

IMO, I think she&#39;s out of control with sex. She can&#39;t handle relationships that don&#39;t involve sex. Its like she can&#39;t have anything deeper with someone unless they are making the walls shake. I get that she can separate love and sex. And, she can handle sex only relationships, but not love relationships or love thyself relationships. Its cool that she&#39;s in control of sexuality--being comfortable with who she is, not afraid to project what she wants...but why can&#39;t she handle a relationship without sex. That is what I meant about her sexual issues.

SweetHoneyLocs
11-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Have to disagree. She was in a relationship with that Jamaican dude, and she didn&#39;t stay with him cause he would not get a job. Well, not until they broke up. She was also in a nonsexual relationship with the poet, although she really did want to have sex with him. But she stay faithful to him and appreciated his poetic nature. She was also willing to be in a sexless relationship with Kadeem Harris (the preacher) but left when she realized that he was going to be hurtful to his church, which in turn would have hurt them one day.

gigglezk
11-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Have to disagree. She was in a relationship with that Jamaican dude, and she didn&#39;t stay with him cause he would not get a job. Well, not until they broke up. She was also in a nonsexual relationship with the poet, although she really did want to have sex with him. But she stay faithful to him and appreciated his poetic nature. She was also willing to be in a sexless relationship with Kadeem Harris (the preacher) but left when she realized that he was going to be hurtful to his church, which in turn would have hurt them one day.
[/b]

The Jamaican dude was still a sexual relationship, it wasn&#39;t love alone. The poet she tried hard to break and I think he left her because she didn&#39;t respect his stance. And when she was with him all she did was complain about not getting some. The preacher, didn&#39;t they eventually have sex? Although it was good that she left because of the reason you said.

jemilla
11-14-2007, 06:46 PM
golden brooks (maya) writes some of these episodes. check it out on the CW website

AuNappturale
11-14-2007, 06:57 PM
I haven&#39;t been much of a Maya fan, but she had me crying ugly last night when she finally breaks down after D questions her about taking drugs.

(Is it me or is tv land addressing more drug stories? :unsure: )

[/b] :lol: :lol:

I heard her &#39;negro please&#39;. Cracked me up. I fell out at William&#39;s physical reaction to her &#39;snap back&#39; move. He jumped back like he&#39;s been bit. LOL! Those two crack me up. If Girlfriends is leaving, Monica needs her own show.

Oh, I liked the fact that Monica didn&#39;t get offended when William told her why he was tryin&#39; to get it all now. She was all oh, there are procedures for that and I&#39;ve already got one scheduled. Work IT, Monica.

MsTee
11-15-2007, 06:12 PM
The range of emotions in Girlfriends have been going in every direction lately. Between Joan being worried about Aaron overseas, Maya being depressed over losing the baby, Lynn struggling to get a good deal, and Monica being pregnant...I feel a bit too much is going on at once. I&#39;ve been getting good kicks out of Monica and William, but I feel so bad for Darnell when he starts to cry. Poor thing.

I like Persia&#39;s tats on her leg and the flower on her arm by her elbow.

Queencece
11-15-2007, 09:30 PM
Where has Jabari gone?

MsTee
11-16-2007, 08:04 AM
^^^Good question! Did he go away to college? I would think they&#39;d make a big deal about him graduating high school. I lost track of his age.

kurliehead
11-16-2007, 12:00 PM
He&#39;s in his room on the computer? :dunno:

:lol:

missladee622
11-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Maya&#39;s acting was WHACK last night. I was so glad when she stopped talking and just cried. I thought her lines were good but the actress just didn&#39;t deliver them good. [/b]

I thought so too, it was mad overdone, IMHO.

Chyna Black
11-16-2007, 01:58 PM
We need some Jam on it sightings to see how is coping with his folks crying over the baby. That would be a good ep for them, maybe he wanted another baby to take some of the pressure off of him. He is a teenager right now so maybe he is just hanging out somewhere until they come up with a better story line for him.

Its funny how the only person with a child is never with her child......

cyndependant
11-16-2007, 02:29 PM
now i might be a little insensetive to the topic, but... Mya was in her first trimester (maybe even first month) of a high risk pregnancy. i can see them feeling sad and mourning. but in my opinion the friends are over doing it a bit always talking about it and trying to make her cry. i mean she hadnt picked out names, clothes, or known the baby&#39;s sex. now i am not trying to say that losing a baby in the first trimester isnt traumatic, but i think friends and family are usually the ones trying to bring u back to a state of normalcy after such a loss.

and did i miss something, was that her last egg? darnell and mya&#39;s convos are so finite. like they had been trying for years and they both had dust settled on their genitalia.

Oasis
11-16-2007, 02:46 PM
This show is becoming way too dramatic for me. Everytime you turn around someone&#39;s crying or fighting.

Ms. Brooks really needs some acting lessons cuz that was off the chain wack. I felt embarrassed even watching that mess.<_<

I&#39;ve never had a problem with the way Lynn handles her relationships. I think she&#39;s awesome.

WildlyBeautiful
11-16-2007, 06:12 PM
I still like Girlfriends as a whole. I admit it though...ghetto fab Mya is my favorite character. I liked Toni too...but I didn&#39;t miss a beat when she left. I think because Monica strolled on into her "selfish" side of their relationship. However, I don&#39;t really care for Monica...

I thought Mya&#39;s acting was on point. I really felt it...all of it. I dunno..maybe because I have a 11 week old child. My pregnancy is still fresh in my mind.

Joan is alright...I do wish she would get it together.

Lynn....she is a sidebar to me.

crmycoco
11-16-2007, 06:41 PM
now i might be a little insensetive to the topic, but... Mya was in her first trimester (maybe even first month) of a high risk pregnancy. i can see them feeling sad and mourning. but in my opinion the friends are over doing it a bit always talking about it and trying to make her cry. i mean she hadnt picked out names, clothes, or known the baby&#39;s sex. now i am not trying to say that losing a baby in the first trimester isnt traumatic, but i think friends and family are usually the ones trying to bring u back to a state of normalcy after such a loss.

and did i miss something, was that her last egg? darnell and mya&#39;s convos are so finite. like they had been trying for years and they both had dust settled on their genitalia.
[/b]

thank you so much for saying this CYNISTER!!! My thoughts exactly. Get over it already, dang. Shoot, I had a 1st trimester miscarriage and was on stage opening a show three days later. They can go so far over the top with everything...and it seems even more so now that Tony is gone. Whether they want to admit it or not, losing Tony crippled the show and now they are trying to overcompensate with these over inflated story lines.

What they need to do is give Monica and William their own show. I used to couldn&#39;t stand William, but when he hooked up with Monica, it was like he suddenly became a man...with a penis!

I do like Monica, just not on this show. She&#39;s too strong to be 4th fiddle to Joan.

But then I hardly watch this mess anyway. what do i care...sigh.... :lol:

winter1820
11-19-2007, 10:00 PM
just hoping next weeks episode is better than todays; why was the entire time in a club?? yeah, they are older but theyre not that old. and williams neon blue shirt was killing me LOL

but, i do hope lynn and young dude work out

cyndependant
11-20-2007, 07:07 AM
i enjoyed the show last night. it showed that they are growing up and are having angst about it. i was curious as to why maya let joan go to the club looking like a bumble bee :lol: yeah william&#39;s shirt was quite hilarious.

Chyna Black
11-20-2007, 08:15 AM
:lol: William is my king, now and forever......his shirt alone demands my devotion.....

On a personal tip, I went to homecoming a few weeks back and felt my age. Not knocking cause I am a fierce 34 just about to hit the 35 but oh the music was too loud, the smoke too thick, the line dancing has become too much of a physical workout, the music was too loud, the place was too crowded, the kids were damn near naked and did I mention the music.....well it was too loud plus rap....yuck.....

I asked my group if they were ready to go home after thirty minutes. I would rather be at the house with my blanket, my book and my red wine. Its either red or white for me..... :lol:

ETA: Ms. Tee you are looking fierce in your pic up there!!!

AuNappturale
11-20-2007, 09:40 AM
[/b]
THANK YOU! They act like this baby was their last shot. They wait a while and have fun trying again.

I thought last night&#39;s episode was SO boring!! With no Monica, they have nothing. However, I WAS feelin&#39; Joan not wanting to go out after she had her &#39;comfortable&#39; clothes on. That&#39;s me. After I&#39;m settled for the night, don&#39;t ask me to do anything. I second Chyna. Instead of the club scene, my blanket, my book, and a pint of strawberry Haagen Dazs with crushed Kit Kat.

missladee622
11-20-2007, 10:19 AM
i enjoyed the show last night. it showed that they are growing up and are having angst about it. i was curious as to why maya let joan go to the club looking like a bumble bee :lol: yeah william&#39;s shirt was quite hilarious.
[/b]

Yes!!!!! I thought the 1st outfit Joan had on was better looking than that bumble bee shirt!

William&#39;s shirt was also just as bad.

kurliehead
11-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Did anyone else notice that the first dress Joan had on had turkeys on it? However, IA the bumble shirt was not it, and that was the biggest clutch I have ever seen. Usually, I like Joan&#39;s bags but that one wasn&#39;t it. :huh: :lol:

And how old are these chicks supposed to be? I&#39;m 31, and I can still hang, every once in a while every four to six months. ^_^

And yes, Big Willie&#39;s shirt was killing me. :lol:

jaycee
11-20-2007, 05:29 PM
I enjoyed last night&#39;s episode. I know I had a huge craving for french fries after I watched it. And now thanks to AuNappturale, I have a craving for strawberry ice cream and a Kit Kat. :Angry: :lol:

Mae
11-20-2007, 09:15 PM
He&#39;s in his room on the computer? :dunno:

:lol:
[/b]
typical....my son is not studying me....until I get on the phone, then he&#39;s all up in my face....lol...

[/b]
I could totally relate...the last time I went to a club I was was sleepy and ready to go after 15 min....I realized that I have outgrown my clubbing stage.... :blush:

roxygirl
11-21-2007, 07:45 AM
i actually enjoyed this week&#39;s episode (but not joan&#39;s outfit). LMAO at maya asking for a blanket in the club!

i think they are really trying too hard with lynn and her plotlines.

i really hope this is the last season. it jumped the shark awhile ago, but if they don&#39;t quit now, it&#39;s going to end on a really bad note.

winter1820
11-21-2007, 02:34 PM
i think tracee said this was the last season when she appeared on 106 and park before the season started

MsTee
11-22-2007, 08:03 AM
Thanks Chyna. :)

This episode was silly, but I could relate. I can&#39;t hang like I used to. I&#39;m mad they were watching a knitting show. And William&#39;s shirt... :lol:

jemilla
11-22-2007, 06:25 PM
^ very pretty ms. tee.

what, you all didn&#39;t like big willies shirt?......he was on his way to coolville.

afroknots11412
11-23-2007, 03:57 AM
I love girlfriends I have favorite episodes that if they come on I stop everything to watch it but this season I am so disappointed.

Queencece
11-26-2007, 07:13 PM
If Maya says authress ONE. MORE. TIME!! :Angry:

redecouverte
11-26-2007, 10:37 PM
is it me or is this season kinda disappointing?
I am just tired of Joan being portrayed as a controlling person <_<
i didn&#39;t like today&#39;s episode

and yes, it is better to regift than throw the gift away..that thing was awful!

Chyna Black
11-27-2007, 07:27 AM
Yeah last night was not interesting, but William & Monica save it everytime for me.

At least the Game is getting better for me......... :D

misstrini
11-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Haven&#39;t been following Girlfriends this season. See it when I can but it&#39;s not a must see for me. Didn&#39;t know Monica was pregnant, caught a little last night waiting for the The Game. I agree Chyna, William and Monica are hilarious.

cyndependant
11-27-2007, 10:06 AM
i enjoyed last nights episode. but i always do. Maya is killin me. she need a job!

Queencece
11-27-2007, 10:23 AM
I noticed Monica&#39;s bump last night too, but didn&#39;t she JUST find out! I mean, I know its a show, but dang!

Camille98
11-29-2007, 01:40 PM
I used to love this show, until this season. I was done when they shipped Aaron off to Iraq. That ruined the whole show for me, injecting that war into the show. I&#39;ve caught the entire last couple of shows and bits and pieces of the other ones. Monica and William have become the best things on the show. I wonder if Monica really is pregnant? I hope this is the last season of this show. Put them all out of their misery now, although the show has come a very long way since it&#39;s very first season when it was dreadful. I was really surprised that it was picked up for another season after that.

The Game really has stepped it up this season.

Lydmidd
11-30-2007, 12:12 PM
Every week that I watch, I wish it was actually funny!! It so isn&#39;t anymore, ever since Toni left. I&#39;ll probably watch up to the finale, but it&#39;s a show I keep on while I do other things around the house, waiting for the Game to come on! I do like Monica though, and think her and William&#39;s relationship are the only thing worth watching. And her wig is better than Maya&#39;s.

Renee79
11-30-2007, 06:01 PM
Ok honestly the only reason I watch anymore is for William and Monica. I love when she says " Negro Please!". Hmmm reminds me too much of my house...perhaps we should contact a network about a reality t.v. deal lmaoooo

winter1820
12-04-2007, 08:31 PM
was the episode, monday an old rerun from last season or some type of flashback episode? im lost

systah
12-04-2007, 08:35 PM
was the episode, monday an old rerun from last season or some type of flashback episode? im lost
[/b]

i think it was the first episode of this season.

Chyna Black
12-11-2007, 07:26 AM
*shakes the dust away from this thread....*****

Uh, urmmm, I like last night show!! Come on I am not alone!!

I think someone on the show has been reading our blogs because Girlfriends opened with Monica & William then closed the show with them!!

Her little bump will be here during sweeps...... ;)

ETA: I would love to go thru Joan&#39;s closest when the series end. She was rocking during the drunken fit.
How about Maya feeling like she is loser runner up to Lynn? Still no Jam-on-it and its Christmas......

kurliehead
12-11-2007, 07:31 AM
I was painfully embarrassed for Joan and her drunken vent/speech. :unsure: That scene was extra, unnecessary, and oh so ridiculous. The only thing it wasn’t was funny. :rolleyes:

poohslocs
12-11-2007, 10:43 AM
I agree with Camille98: injecting the war into the show slowed it down. I believe the show would have been a lot more interesting if Aaron was still on it. Monica and William are the best part of the show. Hmmm...

Do you think a spin-off show starring Monica and William would make it? :pop:

Nappilocs
12-11-2007, 10:45 AM
If Maya says authress ONE. MORE. TIME!! :Angry:
[/b]
:lol: :lol: :lol: She cracks me up when she says that

missladee622
12-11-2007, 11:15 AM
I was painfully embarrassed for Joan and her drunken vent/speech. :unsure: That scene was extra, unnecessary, and oh so ridiculous. The only thing it wasn’t was funny. :rolleyes:
[/b]

Girl, I was cringing like I was there. It was painful.

This better be the last season, I don&#39;t see where else they can take this show.

[/b]

That&#39;s a thought...

Mae
12-11-2007, 12:16 PM
[/b]

I hated watching her acting a plum fool....I had to change the channel, and I ended it missing The Game too....

Chyna Black
12-11-2007, 12:40 PM
She was venting people!! Venting.....

Oh well I would watch a show with William and Monica. Did any of you like William trying to save Joan and started singing? :D

Maybe I am sicker then most, I thought it was good for Joan to go off....... :huh:

crmycoco
12-11-2007, 12:47 PM
[/b]

true dat! i get the idea of where they were going with it, but the execution was just tacky. :puke2:
this show has been in the toilet since Toni left as far as I&#39;m concerned.

they need to go ahead and bury this show with the rest of the bones in the series&#39; graveyard, and give Monica and Big Willie...esp Monica...their own space. I never really like William until he hooked up with Monica. Before her, he seemed borderline gay. They have great chemisty together. She definitely brings out the MAN in William.

missladee622
12-11-2007, 12:59 PM
. I never really like William until he hooked up with Monica. Before her, he seemed borderline gay. They have great chemisty together. She definitely brings out the MAN in William.
[/b]

I thought it was just me. I could never understand why Joan/Lynn hooked up with him, especially with all that whinyness, definitely wasn&#39;t manly...at ALL.

I agree, Monica has brought a different dynamic to his character.

gigglezk
12-11-2007, 01:06 PM
what was the drunken speech? i missed it.

mscarmelc
12-11-2007, 02:41 PM
this show has been in the toilet since Toni left as far as I&#39;m concerned.
[/b]

Yep....it hasn&#39;t been the same. Her character added something that they are lacking...comedy! Don&#39;t get me wrong, I love Joan and her crazy antics but Toni put them over the top! They should try and see what they can do to get her back, cuz those alchol commercials she is doing just aint getting it and not doing her craft justice!

jemilla
12-11-2007, 02:53 PM
what happened monday? i missed it

Ash2005
12-11-2007, 07:35 PM
Joan is really starting to annoy me, I think I may stop watching this show.

mzunyque
12-11-2007, 07:39 PM
booo to this last episode. where is darnell with his fine self.....

MsTee
12-12-2007, 06:53 PM
I also cringed at Joan&#39;s drunken speech. Something was amiss with that episode...it could&#39;ve been better. I can&#39;t even remember how it ended, and I just watched it this evening!

I&#39;ve always wondered if William was gay, but not as much since he&#39;s been with Monica.

I think a spin-off with those two would be great! :)

euridice
12-13-2007, 09:55 AM
there was an article in yesterday&#39;s Washington Post X-press (free shortened version of the regular paper ...) about Girlfriends. Mara Brock Akil stated that the show, if renewed for another season, will be the longest running black sitcom, just ahead of The Cosby Show. From what I gathered by reading "in-between-the-lines" of the article, she is running out of steam with this show (which currently runs second to The Game)and is hoping to last long enough to surpass the Cosby record, at that time, the show will probably be retired because she said everyone on the show has reached a point of like yeah we can keep going, or yeah we can stop.

This season fell off when Toni did not return, though I think Monica replaced her very well. She is hilarious. I think the show also suffered from focusing on one character (Joan) although the other characters had stories to tell too ... but in comparing Girlfriends with The Game, you wil note that the Game allows certain characters to have a storyline and then a hiatus from that storyline while interweaving other characters&#39; stories in the episodes which creates more drama and lengthens the series. Of course having experienced writers helps ... Seems like the writers for Girlfriends moved to The Game.

I know its not right, but when Joan was drunken like that all I could think of was Diana Ross ... sorry!

jahmekyagyal
12-13-2007, 08:12 PM
I know its not right, but when Joan was drunken like that all I could think of was Diana Ross ... sorry!
[/quote]

I thought I was the only one - I was seeing Lady Di too. I was like damn just like yuh mama :rolleyes:

Chyna Black
12-14-2007, 09:28 AM
^^^^Not to mention she was looking just like her mama sitting on the piano!!! :lol: :lol:

Had me flashing back to "Lady Sings the Blues" when Mama Ross pulls out her blade to cut Billy Dee when he had her drugs......

roxygirl
12-14-2007, 09:03 PM
this week&#39;s episode was kinda painful. i agree with the other posters who said they were cringing at the drunken speech. it was just out of place and they are really going too far with joan&#39;s character.

i also agree that aaron could have spiced up this season a bit. at this point, anything could help ...

[/b]
they are cute and entertaining on the show, but i don&#39;t think they could carry one on their own. i think it might get real old, real quick. :dunno:

there was an article in yesterday&#39;s Washington Post X-press (free shortened version of the regular paper ...) about Girlfriends. Mara Brock Akil stated that the show, if renewed for another season, will be the longest running black sitcom, just ahead of The Cosby Show. From what I gathered by reading "in-between-the-lines" of the article, she is running out of steam with this show (which currently runs second to The Game)and is hoping to last long enough to surpass the Cosby record, at that time, the show will probably be retired because she said everyone on the show has reached a point of like yeah we can keep going, or yeah we can stop.
[/b]
very interesting. i am still shocked every time i realize the show is in its 8th season.

although surpassing the cosby show&#39;s record would be a great accomplishment, i think i&#39;d rather go out with my show on a *decent* note, instead of knowing that it&#39;s tired and old. the cosby show wasn&#39;t phenomenal in its last season by any means, but i think it was still on better footing (minus all those cousin pam episodes <_< ) than girlfriends is now.

freelocks
12-16-2007, 07:44 PM
I enjoy watching the old episodes when they come on BET. These newer ones are very disappointing. I also feel that it got wack after Aaron left..............shoot after Toni left. I watch it these days and chuckle maybe once!

allsmiles
12-17-2007, 06:15 PM
The only thing I thought about from the last episode was all those handbags Joan had in her room and how I wish her and Monica would go through them all.

crmycoco
12-17-2007, 08:09 PM
[/b]

:lol: :lol:

I enjoy watching the old episodes when they come on BET. These newer ones are very disappointing. I also feel that it got wack after Aaron left..............shoot after Toni left. I watch it these days and chuckle maybe once!
[/b]

the only thing funny about this show anymore is this forum. ya&#39;ll cracking me up! :pop:

AuNappturale
12-17-2007, 11:02 PM
the only thing funny about this show anymore is this forum. ya&#39;ll cracking me up! :pop:
[/b]
LOL! That&#39;s almost true, although Wm & Monica still make us laugh.

You know, I kinda pisses me off that they hyped us all up on last season&#39;s final episode. Aaron&#39;s proposal was pure magic. All was for naught. :Angry:

Nappilocs
12-18-2007, 01:57 PM
She was venting people!! Venting.....

Oh well I would watch a show with William and Monica. Did any of you like William trying to save Joan and started singing? :D

Maybe I am sicker then most, I thought it was good for Joan to go off....... :huh:
[/b]
Twin, I&#39;m with you, I thought it was funny. Then again, when I was in corporate, I have always had a fantasy of telling the whole office what I REALLY think of them. It must be a Sagittarian thing :lol:

Chyna Black
02-05-2008, 11:08 AM
^^^^True, true I get folks told on the regular, it cleanses the spirit..... :lol:

Wiping away the dust......

Okay folks now I know some of you watched the Game was I the only one watching Girlfriends? Its a good thing I put my chirrens to bed early because this ep was strictly for the grown, sexy, and self helping....

I :wub: and once again Big Willie was perfect.

Now the whole adoption storyline, I can see D and Maya giving it a go. Last night even Lynn was asking where is Jam-on-it. He is still messing in action. I wonder if he returns will he be the original?? :huh:

I enjoyed it and I hate the thought of the show being moved around. Its a rock of CW come on folks where is the loyalty? Girlfriends belongs on Monday nights because it gets my week started off right.

euridice
02-06-2008, 08:58 AM
I just watched the newest episode of Girlfriends that aired this past Monday night and I gotta admit that "scratching the itch or cat" segment of the show sucked. And I&#39;m no prude ... it was so unrealistic especially the last segment when Joan walked in on William while he was self-pleasuring in her house ... sorry that just wasn&#39;t funny to me, it was silly.

The adoption segment was interesting as well as comical ... the "gay-bee" boomers was an hilarious expression for gay couples adopting ... I&#39;d never heard that one before.

Bottom line, Girlfriends is being chased by the axe.

Queencece
02-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Well, its their last season anyway, so I&#39;m hoping they go out with a bang!

Where was Monica? Jubilee? Why mention if they aren&#39;t gonna show them at some point? I was hoping to see "how far along" Monica was. Hopefully, she doesn&#39;t come back in labor. :unsure:

That whole adoption meeting sounded like a setup! I was :lol: at how that gay couple was talking about their adopted child. Too funny! Why can&#39;t Maya and Darnell try again though. Its not like they are broken.

I don&#39;t know... I hope next week&#39;s ep is better. *sigh*

AuNappturale
02-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Chyna, you are too funny about you having put your kids to bed. This episode was a bit raunchy and un-called for. I CAN be a prude, so maybe it&#39;s just me, but I think that subject is private. I mean, do people really share that with their circle of friends and do it in each other&#39;s houses??

Monica was sorely missed. William was as fabulous as ever, but Monica helps make the show worth watching.

Chyna Black
02-12-2008, 07:09 AM
Chyna, you are too funny about you having put your kids to bed. This episode was a bit raunchy and un-called for. I CAN be a prude, so maybe it&#39;s just me, but I think that subject is private. I mean, do people really share that with their circle of friends and do it in each other&#39;s houses??
[/b]

I guess just me and my nasty circle of friends.....I do like in the TMI world... :blush:

Last night was the season finale not the series. With what&#39;s his name planning to come home and Lynn&#39;s record label putting her on the old folks not black enough shelf I don&#39;t know what to think. Monica&#39;s belly is out there!

I :wub: :wub: William! Plus ladies we got a view of Jammer last night trying to convince his folks to let up on him. After seeing all those terrible teens I can agree Jubilee is well behave.

Funny Maya saying she lost her street cred...<it&#39;s that right????

kurliehead
02-12-2008, 08:34 AM
^^^Are you serious? Last night was the season finale? But it&#39;s just mid-season, what happened to may sweeps?

I think Aaron is going to be MIA or injured, something so we can see Joan cry and be miserable then he&#39;ll come back for a happy and tearful finale.

mscarmelc
02-12-2008, 11:13 AM
If that was the season finale, then that was wack! The show is going downhill really. I didn&#39;t find it very funny. Of course Mya stay trippin. She was looking extra extra fly with that pencil skirt and purple shirt...too fly! As for the show, I&#39;m still crossing my fingers for them to bring back Toni. That would defiantly revive the show!

Oasis
02-12-2008, 12:35 PM
I&#39;ve been reading that the show is cancelled and last night was the last episode EVER. The series and season finale. I don&#39;t know how true that is though.

Chyna Black
02-12-2008, 12:43 PM
:crying: :crying: The show deserves a better send off then what happened last night. Hopefully they will be given the opportunity to wrap things up, well that&#39;s just my prayer.

missladee622
02-12-2008, 12:52 PM
I hope that really wasn&#39;t the end.
That was not a fitting end to a series.

missladee622
02-12-2008, 02:07 PM
I just read this on crunk+disorderly :(

We hear from a source within the "Girlfriends" writing camp that the CW has decided to cancel the series immediately instead of bringing it back for a ninth season.

While no official announcement had been made as of press time, we were told the CW will not even film this season&#39;s remaining nine episodes that were suspended during the writer&#39;s strike.

Ironically, news of the show&#39;s cancellation comes just as the strike has ended and the writing staff was preparing to return to work. We were informed by one of the writers yesterday that Monday night&#39;s one-hour block of new episodes served as the show&#39;s last.

"Girlfriends" became the longest-running live-action comedy series currently on network television with the debut of its current season in October 2007. The writers strike suspended production after only 13 of 22 ordered episodes were completed. [source]

xmusiqxnxlovex
02-12-2008, 03:56 PM
yea dat was a good episode.

Queencece
02-12-2008, 09:38 PM
I missed it. Gotta catch the rerun on Sunday... hopefully.

rdconyx
02-13-2008, 07:57 AM
:Angry:
You know....i knew that the show would be coming to an end soon. I was surprised that it even lasted this long after Miss Toni Childs (THE girlfriend)left, but it really makes me mad that they built up the series so much and i don&#39;t even get a chance to see Joan "can&#39;t keep a man until now" Clayton get married. What a waste. Either way I&#39;m going to miss the ladies and i&#39;m sorry that i won&#39;t get a chance to see them bring back Toni for the Series Finale (atleast that&#39;s what i heard).

Lovelocks
02-13-2008, 08:21 AM
well aint that a ...? After all the complaining I&#39;ve done about this show the past two seasons I&#39;m pissed that we won&#39;t get the rest of the episodes and a REAL series finale. That really really sucks. I guess I shouldn&#39;t be surprised the CW is just doing what FOX did years ago with Martin and Living Single using black shows to get its footing and then dumping them all. Ugh. I&#39;m disgusted.

napturallyme
02-13-2008, 01:37 PM
I missed the final episode, I saw half of last week&#39;s episode. I&#39;m glad the show is canceled, but very disappointed that they did not allow the show a finale. This show has been on too long to pull it off the air without a proper ending. I especially am mad because they were going to bring Toni back for it and I have been waiting for this. I hope they change their minds and let them film a finale. They did this to "A Different World" and "Living Single", pulled them off mid-season with no warning.

euridice
02-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Hmm ... I guess it is official:
http://www.blackvoices.com/blogs/2008/02/1...r-black-sitcom/ (http://www.blackvoices.com/blogs/2008/02/12/girlfriends-gone-cw-network-cans-popular-black-sitcom/)

We should send our discontent to the names and addresses listed; I have. Even though a sitcom, "Girlfriends" certainly reflected decent images of us ... the show should have a decent finale. Particularly given the time devoted fans spent supporting/watching it.

Also Mara Brock Akil stated this: "I am currently in talks with the studio and network on how to best honor and celebrate this landmark show, so please stay tuned," Akil said via e-mail through a &#39;Girlfriends&#39; publicist.