PDA

View Full Version : Someone Please Tell Me...

EmpressRi
10-06-2007, 06:24 PM
scenario:

young man comes in to find out about a job, person tells him "okay one, you need to have your pants pulled ALL the way up" (nothing wrong with that) and "try coming back when your locs grow out more."

:huh:

by the way, this is a person who already does not know how to talk to people, is very nasty and has even used profanity, but telling someone this just did it for me. you can't tell anyone that right? isn't that discrimination?

yall are fam, please tell me. cause i got peeved when i heard that

afroknots11412
10-06-2007, 06:32 PM
No. The person was wrong for stating this to the person. I understand that especially with our young people they may not be aware on how to dress for success or interviews I know I didn't always know. But there is such a thing as tact. This was not necessarily the person's place.

JeanBean
10-06-2007, 06:45 PM
This happend where you worked? Granted, some young pple dress like idiots when they get interviewed, but If the person's hair was neat, whats the problem? Locs dont just come out your head long, they start off tiny, so pple who are just starting their locs cant work? Huh?

mwedzi
10-06-2007, 06:46 PM
It's so weird. What, there's a minimum loc length requirement? Bizarre.

EmpressRi
10-06-2007, 06:57 PM
it wasnt even an interview!! he person just came to find out about a job...but for this person to say such things...especially when their body odor is highly offensive more often that not <_<

but this person has an ongoing record of unprofessional behavior since they came.

gr2006
10-06-2007, 07:14 PM
it wasnt even an interview!! he person just came to find out about a job...but for this person to say such things...especially when their body odor is highly offensive more often that not <_<

but this person has an ongoing record of unprofessional behavior since they came.
[/b]

hey missy ;)

sho nuff sounds like someone needs to receive a giftwrapped box of soap in his inbox........(how much is a bar of soap empress. how much for a small sheet of giftwrap a paper and some pretty satin ribbon - less than $3-4 if you go to dollar tree :lol: you could even add a cute little satin bow on top for another 50cents.

he sounds like a complete jerk.

why hasn&#39;t a manager or supervisor been notified of his behaviors?

monappy28
10-06-2007, 07:19 PM
How Rude! I would have bee mad too! That guy was just being a jerk and should be held accountable. He acted very unprofessionally and if I was that young man, I would have asked to speak to a manager.

knickld
10-06-2007, 08:55 PM
I agree w/ pullin the pants up....but the rest of that was straight rude...

delleaux
10-06-2007, 09:05 PM
He sound very ignit. Wonders how he came about being in that position to begin with. I would give him some body wash and tell him to wash his ****!!!!! The unmitigated gall of some folks!

crmycoco
10-06-2007, 09:17 PM
:lol: :lol: "try coming back when your locs grow out..."

I&#39;m sorry, but that is funny! :lol: :lol:

this man sounds very impotent. :lol:

santwon
10-06-2007, 10:01 PM
This is how that should have gone:

Okay sir, thanks, we appreciate your interest in the company/organization. You may speak to our hiring manager/pull an application offa this desk here to the left/ file one online at our website: itwassonicetomeetyoutoday.com

In other words: yes it&#39;s okay to be peeved about that. That wasn&#39;t nice. If you&#39;re not doing the hiring and it&#39;s not an interview (or their mom) you shouldn&#39;t really tell people how they need to look. Shoot, what if dude was just asking for his shy friend in the car? That kind of thing happens as well.

jashinstar
10-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Oh my gosh are you kidding me like u guys said...fine you wanna tell him to pull his pants up thats cool but the comment on his locs.......wow......okay and WHY is this person still working here??? that kind of customer service stinks...

EmpressRi
10-07-2007, 09:27 AM
hey missy ;)

sho nuff sounds like someone needs to receive a giftwrapped box of soap in his inbox........(how much is a bar of soap empress. how much for a small sheet of giftwrap a paper and some pretty satin ribbon - less than $3-4 if you go to dollar tree :lol: you could even add a cute little satin bow on top for another 50cents.

he sounds like a complete jerk.

why hasn&#39;t a manager or supervisor been notified of his behaviors?
[/b]

lmao!!!!!!! hmmmmmm :rolleyes:

gr2006
10-07-2007, 10:50 AM
lmao!!!!!!! hmmmmmm :rolleyes:
[/b]

gonna give him a present hair twin? :lol:

stinky coworkers are the about as bad as it gets. :P

britni
10-07-2007, 11:29 AM
It&#39;s so weird. What, there&#39;s a minimum loc length requirement? Bizarre.
[/b]
Exactly. What a loser. You keep saying "this person"; is it a he or a she? Either way, body odor is straight up NASTY no matter whom it&#39;s radiating from. I agree with gr2006; yall should get him some soap so he or she can tap that **** with it and stop bringing that funkiness up in the workplace! :lol:

iasade
10-07-2007, 12:10 PM
If this is the work environment, that is definitely grounds for an EEOC complaint for possible discrimination. According to law, you cannot discriminate against someone on the grounds of race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. The hair could be a religious thing or maybe not, but either way, you just dont go around saying things like that to our young brothers and sisters. They have enough to deal with in trying to survive and compete in a society where caucasions and other minorities are favored more than we are. Maybe this person was trying to help the young man, but his delivery method was totally off. HR should certainly know and educate this individual on their policies and procedures. I would hate for the other young man to stop trying to find a job because of someone&#39;s lack of knowledge and compassion. :Angry:

EmpressRi
10-07-2007, 01:33 PM
a he said this, and the person that told me this was said, i told them to tell the person to write a letter to everyone in the company and complain.

qt4u2luv
10-07-2007, 04:59 PM
wow...there&#39;s definitely a way to tell someone that they need to look more professional, and that def wasn&#39;t it....

that person should be professionally told off and then fired