PDA

View Full Version : Tell Me You Love Me On Hbo Season 1

jaimuziq
10-08-2007, 09:17 AM
Airs Sunday nights @ 9pm and reairs Mondays @ 10pm. It's a good show. At the end of each show, real couples talk about the episode.

Tell Me You Love Me (http://www.hbo.com/tellme/about/)

About the show

A provocative and honest exploration of intimacy, 'Tell Me You Love Me' offers an unfiltered look at three couples as they navigate critical periods in their lives. With a candidness that breaks conventional boundaries, creator Cynthia Mort examines the moments – both significant and everyday – that form the basis and language of each relationship.

Twenty-somethings Jamie and Hugo (Michelle Borth and Luke Kirby), experience the vitality of sex but realize their intimacy serves as a drug-like escape from their disparate takes on fidelity and commitment. Katie and Dave (Ally Walker and Tim DeKay), two happy parents in their forties, instead question why their love and devotion to one another hasn't translated into sexual intimacy in nearly a year. Meanwhile, mid-thirties couple Carolyn and Palek (Sonya Walger and Adam Scott), come to learn how much their efforts to become parents and their inability to conceive has strained the intangible connections between them.

Therapist May Foster, (Jane Alexander) works to carefully guide the couples toward healthier relationships and despite a few unresolved issues within her own marriage, she and her retired husband Arthur, manage to share a partnership that is both deeply loving and passionately sexual.

Capturing both the awkwardness and closeness of each couple, Mort opens a window into the complexities of modern relationships. Thought-provoking, raw and immediate, 'Tell Me You Love Me' teases out the unspoken dreams, hang-ups and fears that materialize when sex and intimacy connect – or when they diverge.

Jazitones
10-08-2007, 09:46 AM
I've been meaning to watch this show. I have to catch up on the shows on DEMAND.

whitney
10-08-2007, 10:22 AM
it's a little bit much for me, when the couples are acting it's fine, but the sex scenes are a little explicit for me so i don't watch it.

anabwi
10-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Yep.

jaimuziq
10-08-2007, 05:59 PM
it's a little bit much for me, when the couples are acting it's fine, but the sex scenes are a little explicit for me so i don't watch it.
[/b]

It doesn't bother me cuz I know they're not really having sex. :blush:

aeburo
10-09-2007, 10:02 PM
I've been watching the show on Demand. Don't like the chick who's trying to get pregnant, but I did feel bad for her when she went through over tens of pregnancy tests in minutes as if though searching for that magic test that would tell her she's pregnant. :(

cyndependant
10-10-2007, 07:15 AM
It doesn't bother me cuz I know they're not really having sex. :blush:
[/b]

if they aint having sex then they need an oscar! i have watched a few episodes. whats up with the guy that wont have sex with his wife?

jaimuziq
10-10-2007, 06:22 PM
if they aint having sex then they need an oscar! i have watched a few episodes. whats up with the guy that wont have sex with his wife?
[/b]

I don't know what's wrong with him. He can play without her but won't have sex with his wife. Maybe he's not attracted to her anymore.

cyndependant
10-10-2007, 07:20 PM
^^ maybe he likes men?

Cutie McPretty
10-11-2007, 12:02 PM
I dried out just hearing about this show --- Ick.

They talked about this show on The Bert Show here in Atlanta a few weeks back.

I knew I wouldn't be watching this when Bert talked about the sex scene of the 80 something year old woman giving her 80 something y/o husband oral pleasure :noway:.

Awwww god. The visual is stuck in my head just from hearing them talk about. I'm glad grandpa and grandma still gettin lucky but nahhhh bruh.

cyndependant
10-11-2007, 12:13 PM
^^lolol :lol: she aint 80, but she is in her 60's. that scene weirded me out. but u never see senior sensuality addressed so i thought it was a brave move on the part of the actors and writers.

jaimuziq
10-11-2007, 04:11 PM
I dried out just hearing about this show --- Ick.

They talked about this show on The Bert Show here in Atlanta a few weeks back.

I knew I wouldn't be watching this when Bert talked about the sex scene of the 80 something year old woman giving her 80 something y/o husband oral pleasure :noway:.

Awwww god. The visual is stuck in my head just from hearing them talk about. I'm glad grandpa and grandma still gettin lucky but nahhhh bruh.
[/b]

That must be an upcoming episode because that hasn't happened. They've only shown the older couple(approximately 65 yrs old) supposedly having sex under sheets(nothing was exposed).

cyndependant
10-11-2007, 04:17 PM
^^yeah but she went under those covers and helped him out. i know i saw that scene.

kala_jt
10-11-2007, 09:06 PM
OMG...I love this show. It really takes an in depth look at relationships and their problem. Keep watching!!!

jaimuziq
10-17-2007, 05:45 PM
^^yeah but she went under those covers and helped him out. i know i saw that scene.
[/b]

:lol: :lol: Girl, you are a mess. Did anyone watch on Sunday? I think Pallack and his wife may separate soon since he doesn't want to have kids anymore.

Jamie needs to be by herself for awhile, she recently ended her engagement and she's sleeping with someone else already.

vinny_46
10-18-2007, 10:41 AM
I've been watching. Can't wait to see how Pallick will react when he finds out she's finally pregnant.

I need to not see Jamie for awhile. I can't stand her at this point.
I agree, she needs to be alone for awhile. A good while.

I knew I wouldn't be watching this when Bert talked about the sex scene of the 80 something year old woman giving her 80 something y/o husband oral pleasure[/b]

Those particular old people sex scenes are a bit too much for me, but overall I enjoy the show. I like the realness of the scenes. Not that the sex looks real, but the people look real - imperfect (normal).

:lol: :lol: Girl, you are a mess. Did anyone watch on Sunday? I think Pallack and his wife may separate soon since he doesn't want to have kids anymore.
[/b]

How is it that he just decided to sell the house? :Angry: I knew it was over when he sold the house, and doesn't want any kids. They're just going through the motions until one of them exploded. This confirmed pregnancy should speed that up.

jaimuziq
10-18-2007, 04:30 PM
^^^^ You have apparently seen next weeks episode already. I had a feeling she would end up pregnant after he changed his mind about kids. :(

mzunyque
10-21-2007, 12:58 AM
wow. i'm watching this show for the first time and it's pretty good, but i'm with cyn...if they aren't having sex then they need a dang oscar...for real.

awww gross....the old couple is doing it. yuck. i'm kinda grossed out now. didn't wanna see granny working it out on him like that. wow.

Kymmyet
10-21-2007, 03:12 AM
I like the show, its pretty interesting. Glad to say I missed the older couple and their love fest.

jaimuziq
10-21-2007, 06:13 PM
wow. i'm watching this show for the first time and it's pretty good, but i'm with cyn...if they aren't having sex then they need a dang oscar...for real.

awww gross....the old couple is doing it. yuck. i'm kinda grossed out now. didn't wanna see granny working it out on him like that. wow.
[/b]

Old people need love too. I hope I'm that active when I'm older, work it granny. :lol: :lol:

mzunyque
10-21-2007, 06:21 PM
^^^ yeah i guess....but i'd rather not see it....lol. that was kinda gross. they were in a friggin chair and she was on top (obviously)... gross.

jaimuziq
10-23-2007, 05:21 PM
^^^ :lol: . Now why did Jamie sleep with Hugo? She had already told Nick she wasn&#39;t going back to Hugo(yeah right). <_<

Katie and David may start doing something soon and when they do I hope the kids aren&#39;t home. :lol: They tripped me out when they were at the banquet pointing out all the couples that aren&#39;t having sex.

Carolyn & Palek are done, she&#39;s pregnant and she&#39;ll be raising that baby alone(he&#39;s already plotting his affair with the sales associate). Can you say "child support"? ^_^

Nicklicious
10-31-2007, 08:02 AM
This show took me awhile to get into, actually I&#39;m still trying to, but I&#39;ve watched nearly every episode since my bf adores this show.

Carolyn and Palek looked done from the beginning of the show. I honestly think him not wanting a baby has more to do with Carolyn than anything, her attitude is wrecked. Not saying he&#39;s a saint, but she&#39;s making it hard for him to connect.

When he told his friends at the party, he seemed genuinely excited, and she tried to control the situation by embarasshing him.

Now the non-sex having married couple. Clearly, it&#39;s the husband, lol. I mean c&#39;mon, c&#39;mon now, everybody know, it&#39;s ingrained in men to harass their woman for sex, even if the woman doesn&#39;t want it, lol. Morning, night, when you home on your day off, men are &#39;expected&#39; to instigate it, lol.

From the preview, it looks like he tells Mae (the sex therapist) that he&#39;s no longer attracted to his wife, which I believe was the real problem.

I hate Jamie, and I hate Nick even more, why did he move in with her after like 2 days of dating? I told the bf he&#39;s trying to use her for her crib, and be taken care of. Bf says the dude is just clingy, whichever, he needs to get up out of there.

Jamie annoys me cuz she thinks she has this right to hurt people, I wouldn&#39;t necessarily call it &#39;say it like it is&#39;

vinny_46
10-31-2007, 10:37 AM
^^^^ You have apparently seen next weeks episode already. I had a feeling she would end up pregnant after he changed his mind about kids. :(
[/b]
Oops I&#39;m sorry! :(

I watch the show on Demands since it comes on the same time as Dexter. I didn&#39;t realize I&#39;d seen an episode ahead of time.

Missed last week&#39;s episode, so I didn&#39;t get to see how Pallick handles this.

Carolyn & Palek are done, she&#39;s pregnant and she&#39;ll be raising that baby alone (he&#39;s already plotting his affair with the sales associate).[/b]
I know, right. That makes me sick. <_<

Carolyn and Palek looked done from the beginning of the show. [/b]
True,true.

whitney
11-01-2007, 06:07 PM
at the end they showed him jumping w/the kids, what is that supposed to mean?

are they setting something up?

jaimuziq
11-02-2007, 07:20 PM
^^^^ Maybe he&#39;s trying to keep an open mind about having a child since his wife is pregnant now. I think it&#39;s two episodes left so we&#39;ll see what happens.

jaimuziq
11-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Well ladies, the season finale is tonight. Last week Palek told Carolyn he wasn&#39;t happy and wanted to separate. I don&#39;t understand him. He talks about he hates his father for leaving him and now he doing the same thing, idiot.

The previews for tonight show Katie telling David to leave her. This is another crazy woman, last week she told Dave she wants to have another baby and they haven&#39;t even had sex in over a year. <_< She is definitely putting the cart before the horse.

Jamie told Nick she needed space, I&#39;m glad she came to her senses. She needs to be alone for awhile to figure her mess out.

Can&#39;t wait to see what else will happen tonight.