PDA

View Full Version : Vh1 Hip Hop Honors?

journey_continues
10-08-2007, 09:49 PM
i liked it. some of the newer rappers looked dumb but the true people rocked it.

busta buss brought it! so did pharell and others.

thoughts?

MsTee
10-08-2007, 10:12 PM
It was alright. Not the best of all the Hip Hop Honors I&#39;ve seen. It was nice to see Tribe get honored; I can&#39;t believe Lupe tripped up on some of their lyrics! <_< I suppose Missy and Snoop have been in it long enough to receive accolades (sp?) as well. I was jammin&#39; to Whodini&#39;s music!
Two questions:

1) Is Keyshia Cole preggers?

2) What happened to Phife Dawg? He does not look well. :(

nappdiva
10-08-2007, 10:19 PM
My friend and I said the same thing about Phife!

Honey, Whodini ROCKED IT!!! :D

I loved the dance sequence, honey, I was doin the wop right with them!

I liked Missy&#39;s tribute.

Teddy Reily and New Jack Swing part could have been better. The audience at frist had no idea what song was being played first (Keith Sweat&#39;s "I Wanna")

I have a problem with some of these shows...IMO some of the audience members should be older, I think it&#39;s embarrasing when you have a performer up there and people cannot sing their songs. (Which is why I love Prince, you can sing his songs back to him, he&#39;ll tell you about yourself!) LOL! :D

I liked the whole show, although I think they could have did a better tribute for Snoop.

PetiteNNatural
10-08-2007, 10:58 PM
I thought it was nice.

*The Missy tribute was nice. I think she deserved because a lot of people don&#39;t give her her props. I was glad to see VH1 do so. & Ms. Nelly Furtado did her thing during her set.

*Luv&#39;d the Snoop tribute & the New Jack Swing tribute!

*Now I :wub: ATCQ, but I wasn&#39;t feelin&#39; the part of the tribute with Lupe & Pharrell, it just didn&#39;t seem like their hearts were in it. But Busta did his thing.

*Tribe did their thing, but I did notice Phife didn&#39;t look so well :( . I read somewhere that Phife was sick, but from what I don&#39;t know. I just hope that he gets better.

meccadon
10-08-2007, 11:08 PM
I&#39;m watching the replay now :Cool_049:

chocolate1
10-09-2007, 12:40 AM
Phife has been diabetic since 1990. I noticed it too.

Cococure76
10-09-2007, 12:46 AM
I was wondering about my Phife Dawg, too. I came here to see what was up. I hope he&#39;s cool. I love them. I went to there concert last year. They are the bomb!

And I agree with the audience being too young.

Savvyone
10-09-2007, 08:17 AM
when they got all da way down doin the wop it brought back sooooo many memories! ^_^

Um....why did Kool Moe Dee look like Kool Moe Swole :huh:

Keyshia Cole need to thank God for a recording studio cause she CANNOT do a live performance for crap <_< ....same for T-Pain and even Teddy Riley...that synthesizer saved his butt back in the day but the beats were always hype....I thought they should have had the real artists out there...I&#39;m sure Guy, Bobby and Today and even Keith Sweat woulda showed up for the occasion if they were asked...not like they were too bizzy ya know?? :lol:

Yeah Phife looked pretty bad, my prayers go out to him.... :(

redecouverte
10-09-2007, 08:47 AM
I also liked Missy Elliott&#39;s tribute
as well as snoop&#39;s...
overall it was a good show..it brought back some memories

i didnt&#39; like the way T-pain sung....i had a feeling he was outside of his comfort zone(the voice was too deep)

as for Keyshia Cole, I don&#39;t like the duo with Ne-yo...she walked in as if she is in a mall with friends and she sounded so tired....as if they asked to wake up and sing...
but with the Missy Elliott&#39;s tribute, she did her thing ^_^

ayalyrik
10-09-2007, 09:19 AM
I did&#39;nt see the whole thing, but I saw was good. :)

creativity
10-09-2007, 09:45 AM
when they got all da way down doin the wop it brought back sooooo many memories! ^_^

Keyshia Cole need to thank God for a recording studio cause she CANNOT do a live performance for crap <_< ....same for T-Pain and even Teddy Riley...that synthesizer saved his butt back in the day but the beats were always hype....I thought they should have had the real artists out there...I&#39;m sure Guy, Bobby and Today and even Keith Sweat woulda showed up for the occasion if they were asked...not like they were too bizzy ya know?? :lol:

[/b]

Dang.. I agree. Cool Moe Dee was pretty puffy all over. I would never guessed that was him. T Pain was a pain in the **** w/his performance. I was hoping for the real artists as well.

There was something wrong w/the sound also. You could barely hear some of the artists and the music was just a touch too loud.

I agree w/ other posters who said the audience was much too young. They had no idea who these artists were. That was a show for probably 35 years (2 or 3 years earlier) and over

KB
10-09-2007, 09:50 AM
you can tell that the audience were bunch of kids from acting/modeling agencies. they had that "look good for tv look" to them. mtv/vh1 aint fooling anybody <_<. they do it for it can look good on tv. but it was annoying cuz like ya&#39;ll said, most of those <strike>white</strike> kids werent fully familar with the artists

i was surprised at how Pharell sounded when he did his Snoop tribute. i was like "oh word, P got bass in his voice?!" :unsure:
:lol:

olympia621
10-09-2007, 10:13 AM
A lot of the people there looked swole. I never figured out which guy in Whodini wore that hat. I&#39;m normally pretty good at faces but that had me stumped.
Who was the girl in the curly wig? Was it Tweet? She must have been going for the Nikki Sixx look.
Not as good as shows past.

Queencece
10-09-2007, 10:54 AM
I REALLY enjoyed Tribe&#39;s tribute! I waited the whole night for them. Busta Bus and all that energy! He&#39;s getting a little thick in the mid-section or at least that&#39;s what it looked like. Maybe it was the shirt. :unsure: I :wub: Q-Tip!

Keyshia Cole did sound terrible with Ne-Yo! Ugh!

I enjoyed Missy and Snoop&#39;s Tribute too.

Teddy Riley looked a little off to me. Chauncey has always been ugly.

Beautifully Human
10-09-2007, 11:09 AM
I didn&#39;t see the whole thing but I did catch when Salt n&#39; Pepa came out to introduce an act. OMG! Pep&#39;s nose looks a mess! It was one thing to see it in pics but it looks even worse to me live. Why Pepa?...WHY??? ;)

Loquacious
10-09-2007, 11:12 AM

[/b]

Dont get me started on TPain. I was PISSED. like damn, I really like that song. they couldnt get someone else to stand in for his non singing ****? blah.

The rest of the show did it for me tho. I really loved the missy tribute and I loved the Wild Style tribute as well. Tracy Morgan is a dang fool. The little cab scenes had me :lol: :lol: :lol:

nik77natural
10-09-2007, 11:22 AM
A lot of the people there looked swole. I never figured out which guy in Whodini wore that hat. I&#39;m normally pretty good at faces but that had me stumped.
Who was the girl in the curly wig? Was it Tweet? She must have been going for the Nikki Sixx look.
Not as good as shows past.
[/b]

Yep. Dat was Tweet! I was shocked cuz my girl can blow...n she just blew it! lol

Why n de hEEEEEZeh did dey put TPain on there?!!! HUH! What da heck was he talkin bout? Sounded like he had like fifty hunurd marbles in his mouf. lol

I was tryna figure out what was wrong wit Keisha TOO?!!! I was like dam boo! U aiiiight? Need tah sit down or sumtin?

journey_continues
10-09-2007, 06:06 PM
you can tell that the audience were bunch of kids from acting/modeling agencies. they had that "look good for tv look" to them. mtv/vh1 aint fooling anybody <_<. they do it for it can look good on tv. but it was annoying cuz like ya&#39;ll said, most of those <strike>white</strike> kids werent fully familar with the artists

i was surprised at how Pharell sounded when he did his Snoop tribute. i was like "oh word, P got bass in his voice?!" :unsure:
:lol:
[/b]
yeah, how do you not know snop&#39;s old songs? not that old!

but pharell is the man!

i admit i didn&#39;t know some of the older ones but i did know a good portion of the blackstreet, i wanna, etc songs and recognized the ones i didn&#39;t know the titles for. but it was kinda odd,

but did anyone notice the black guy with the black tank top? he was rockin abit TO hard with it!Lol

roxygirl
10-09-2007, 06:44 PM
i hope phife gets better, too. :(

i really only watched the show for the tribe part (they are my favorite of all time), but i really enjoyed most of the other tributes (especially missy&#39;s).

tsk, tsk, lupe on forgetting the words. i still love him, though.

@ journey: i did notice the guy in the black tank top. :lol: i thought he was gonna pop a blood vessel or somethin&#39;!

napturallyme
10-09-2007, 08:56 PM
I really enjoyed the show. I was really liking the New Jack Swing tribute. Those were my high school years. I was also a huge fan of Tribe Called Quest and I love Missy.

kma01
10-10-2007, 01:39 PM
T-Pain <strike>in the a**</strike> messed up one of my favorite songs.

But I enjoyed it though.
They should do a Hip Hop Honors with tributes to all female MC&#39;s. That would be dope.

MsTee
10-14-2007, 01:49 PM
How could I forget about T-Pain jackin&#39; up that song? It just goes to show how NON-talented T-Pain really is.

southernbelllle
10-14-2007, 02:15 PM
oh! i cringed through the entire song, it was horrible!
and everybody did a great job of not displaying how horrible they thought it was too