PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic Tile

Savvyone
10-16-2007, 01:24 PM
Yay or nay? I've seen it in model homes and my cousin re-did her kitchen with it and it seems quite durabale but I want to be sure....my vinyl tile has so many nicks it's not even funny so I'm thinking of not only in the kitchen but replacing the bathroom tile as well.

My first project is my lower level bathroom, then the kitchen, then living area. I&#39;d love to have the kitchen done by Thanksgiving but it prolly won&#39;t happen with my work and school schedule. <_<

deecoily
10-16-2007, 06:26 PM
I love ceramic tile. It&#39;s great in bathrooms because it&#39;s so easy to keep clean. Kitchen is good too but beware when you drop a dish, it WILL break. I have rubber mats around the sink area and cupboards for that reason. They last forever, too.

Jazitones
10-17-2007, 06:51 AM
IA that ceramic is great, and like Dee stated just don&#39;t drop anything. I have ceramic in my basement bathroom.

lifeAgift
10-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Very hygenic
and beautiful, plus decor versatile

GO 4 IT

We are tiling our den a
nd kitchen SOON!

Carpet is so so gross and vinyl a
bit blah

Savvyone
10-18-2007, 06:56 AM
thanks ya&#39;ll! :)

Another question since we&#39;re talking kitchens ^_^ ...I&#39;m partial to granite cause it&#39;s sooo purty but I understand silstone (sp) is even better, my cousin also re-did her counters that way and I thought it was granite....I don&#39;t like Corian and my original counters have got to go!

Guess the only thing that&#39;s staying in my kitchen is the cabinets, I loved them from day one and still do but gotta make sure the ceramic tile and the counters I choose blend in, ya know?

anabwi
10-18-2007, 11:54 AM
We&#39;re in the throes of kitchen remodeling and just had 8" tile replaced with 20" tile, love it, love it. The cabinets and countertops are not due in until first week of November and we got silestone. Heard you don&#39;t have to seal silestone like granite, and we got a good deal on the price, at least I think so.