PDA

View Full Version : Washing Techniques

exoticwmn
03-14-2004, 02:04 PM
I know everyone has a different opinion when it comes to maintaining locs, I just wanted to know from those who have done it what are the best techniques for washing baby locs? I have been locing for 4 months now and my hair is in transition....half of it is locing and the other half is getting there. I was told not to wash my hair for the first few months. And then I have read that some people do wash earlier on in the locing process. I am ready to wash my hair! How do I wash it so that most of it doesnt unravel? Should I even wash it? Help a sistah out :)

flynppy
03-14-2004, 04:07 PM
Gurl, if your hair feels dirty to you, then wash it.

My second set locs are at the three month stage and I wash my hair about every week to once a week depending on my schedule.

You just have to be delicate with you hair that is all. Maybe not scrub so hard.

That's just my idea!

Sunchild
03-14-2004, 04:16 PM
Be gentle.
You can also use the panty part of a stocking cap over your head while you are washing. It keeps the impact of the water from hitting the starter to hard and it holds them in place.

niknik
03-14-2004, 09:35 PM
I started at 3 weeks and I had no problem. I can't go too long without washing or it will really really bother me. Do be gentle though

exoticwmn
03-15-2004, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the advice!
I am washing it today;)