PDA

View Full Version : Me And My Girl At Training

concreterose
10-28-2007, 06:52 PM
Hi all,
I haven't posted a whole lot on this board because I get SO busy, but when I come around, this is one of my favorite sections! One hobby I have that is SO fun is training agility with my pit bull, Miss Vicki. We have been training for almost three years now, the first two years I spent a lot on obedience skills because she can be a little reactive to other dogs...she doesn't like them getting in her face and stuff. She also has an off the hook prey drive, and used to get really worked up watching all those border collies race around the course LOL.

This past year, she has made a lot of progress and we have started training for competition...we will be entering our first AKC trial in December. The class we are taking now is a handling class, and the courses are actually Excellent courses (the most advanced agility course in AKC), and we will be trialing in the Novice category (beginner). So these courses are a little difficult for us, but are helping me immensely with my handling skills. In addition, since we are training with such difficult courses and handling moves, when we actually train on a novice course, it is super easy for us :)

So, I look like a klutz on this advanced sequence, but Vicki and I are getting much practice using advanced handling skills. Please ignore my trainer chattering in the background LOL

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m219/Bulldog_Vicki/th_VickiAgilityDrills_0001.jpg (http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m219/Bulldog_Vicki/?action=view&current=VickiAgilityDrills_0001.flv)

skittles04
10-29-2007, 05:51 PM
Awww, you two did really well. I couldn't see him that well, but I sure is really pretty (handsome?) doggy. Good Luck on your competition!

Melanizm
10-30-2007, 04:24 PM
That's awesome!!!! When I eventually get a Boston Terrier, I want to train her in agility and weight pull. It's such a fun thing to do. Vicki's skills are great so far especially her weaving. I hope you can get video @ the trials, I'd love to see her compete :)

dsg-girly&curly
10-30-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm totally impressed!

concreterose
10-30-2007, 06:16 PM
That's awesome!!!! When I eventually get a Boston Terrier, I want to train her in agility and weight pull. It's such a fun thing to do. Vicki's skills are great so far especially her weaving. I hope you can get video @ the trials, I'd love to see her compete :)
[/b]

I looooove Boston's...that's my next bully breed on the list,or a patterdale, especially if pit bulls wind up being banned where I live. :(
I am training my male for weight pull, I get soooo many strange looks when I take him to the track with his harness and his drag sled LOL

We have struggled and fumbled with weave entries, and she's finally acting like she understands them!

Thanks for looking ladies!

Nappalonia
10-31-2007, 12:46 PM
Aww, too cute! Good luck with the training! My SO just got a blue pit.

chinani
11-03-2007, 04:12 PM
How cool! Your dog looked great to me.