PDA

View Full Version : Question About "no Hatefulness" Policy

Azion264
10-30-2007, 09:07 AM
So I just saw the "No hatefulness" policy... Does this mean that we're not allowed to have the making fun of celebs threads at all or are we just not allowed to do it in the Celebrity Forum?

Hopefully it's the latter... those threads were HILARIOUS

britni
10-30-2007, 09:11 AM
Yeah, we can still kid on celebs but I think Dee and some of the other ladies just wants us to keep it in this forum.

KB
10-30-2007, 09:13 AM
obviously you're not part of the subscribers forum, so you dont know all that was discussed

plain and simple, no "hating". its negative. postin pictures of celebs is fine, but constant dissing is crossing the line. it can still be humorous, but within reason

hope that helps you

Azion264
10-30-2007, 09:27 AM
obviously you're not part of the subscribers forum, so you dont know all that was discussed

[/b]

Hmm... what tipped you off? The fact that it doesn't say "subscribed" under my screen name... moving on...

Aw that's too bad. I thought it was all in good fun.

NEW-NAPS
10-30-2007, 09:31 AM
:pop:

Karibana
10-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Edited: Maybe your tone isn't coming through correctly but KB was simply stating a facts: unfortunately, you can't know why there are new rules about for this board.

The celeb threads will go on but you simply can't have a systematic put down and tearing apart that tends to happen once in a while. But as the warning says, you can still criticize someone if you don't like something about them.

Azion264
10-30-2007, 09:43 AM
:pop:
[/b]

LOL uh-oh... Sorry I wasn't trying to stir up any drama.. I just noticed that this new celebrity forum popped up and none of the old "making fun of celebs" were in it, so I thought maybe those were relegated to the general other life topics.... but I guess not?

I wasn't trying to start up a conversation/any drama about it, I was just confused. :dunno:

Maybe your tone isn't coming through correctly but KB was simply stating a facts: unfortunately, you can't know why there are new rules about for this board.
[/b]

No I think my tone was fine.... I didn't know what was going on so I asked the question. An appropriate, and non-judgmental, response would have been, "There was a discussion in a private forum and it was decided that these types of threads are destructive.." etc etc... saying, "If you were a subscriber then you'd know what was going on," was a bit snarky... hence the tone.

KB if you weren't meaning to come off snarky then I apologize.

Edited to update Karibana's quote

GalaxyGirl2012
10-30-2007, 09:48 AM
maybe we should have an outlawing of all celebs where we know thangs can get freddy kreugerish:

as much as i hate to do it : i nominate coco... :blush: i aint never seen anyone besides ice t come to her defense, and even that was in a derogatory way (smaking her butt in public before a crowd of people )

Whitley Gilbert
:lol: Arizon. I knew what kb meant, but I can see why you would post your response Azion. I think it was the "obviously". lol. Anyway...

Hey Azion, here's the new "celeb thread". It's uhh umm ... well here it is. LINK (http://ttp://www.nappturality.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107646) :icon_ShiftyEye:

*fingers crossed that it picks up*

Edited. Thank you Eve!

KB
yeah, i'm not a snarky person, so i my tone wasnt what you thought. but now that i read it again, i can see how one can misjudge. apology accepted :D

and thanks karibana :D

missladee622
I was completely baffled as well Azion...I'm glad you asked the question. :)

GalaxyGirl2012
10-30-2007, 10:07 AM
yeah, i'm not a snarky person, so i my tone wasnt what you thought. but now that i read it again, i can see how one can misjudge. apology accepted :D

and thanks karibana :D
[/b]
i'd gladly trade you 1 oz of snark for 1 cup of your sense of style

EvesDilemma
10-30-2007, 10:22 AM
KB, Karibana, Azion364, Whitley, check your PM's-just a heads up for you there regarding the above posts.

KB
10-30-2007, 10:39 AM
eh- forgot to mention this in my first reply, but dont be surprised if this thread gets closed or deleted.

i'd gladly trade you 1 oz of snark for 1 cup of your sense of style
[/b]

aww :wub:
and with that order i would like a 1/4 cup of your humor :lol:
hey! did you see the photos of the nappy weave. not the clearest shots, i'll be taking more! i feel like a vixen right now *feelin herself* :lol:

KB, Karibana, Azion364, Whitley, check your PM's-just a heads up for you there regarding the above posts.
[/b]

got it sis ;)

deecoily
10-30-2007, 11:02 PM
Why would you think this thread would get closed or deleted? The question is valid.

Some topics poke fun at other people's sense of style (or lack of sense of style) and bad acting. Other topics compare Black people's looks to primates and whores.

See any difference there?

If you think what you're about to post is hateful, it probably is.

femmefatales
11-13-2007, 10:36 PM
Snarky is my new official "Funniest Word Ever"!

jemilla
11-14-2007, 05:52 PM
glad this thread was started because i didn't even notice the clause, until now.

i'm disappointed. the hate threads were funny!!