PDA

View Full Version : New To The Game

dnhurd
11-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Hi, I'm new to the Nappturality community. I just signed up today after discovering the site a couple of weeks ago.

I'm in the transition stage, haven't had a chemical fire cream for over a year now. I'm currently wearing a sew-in weave until I feel I have enough length although I have pretty much chopped off most of the relaxed ends. I've probably got another 2-3 inches of chemical fire cream left to cut off. I'll probably get rid of them the next time I get my weave done.

Does anyone have any advice for how to come out of the weave with confidence? I've been playing around with a couple of non-straight hair types. I really loved the Milky Way coil curl and I'm hoping that doing the coil out (from the Miss Jessie's website) would help me achieve this look with my natural hair.

:blush:

Lockolatte
11-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Hello and welcome to the site. I don't know anything about weaves, but I would say that you should start experimenting with doing your own natural hair so that you will be used to what it can and cannot do. Maybe you should let the weave stay out for a while so you can experiment and get used to your natural texture. Good luck!

natural06
11-12-2007, 04:50 AM
Welcome.

Reflection Journey
11-12-2007, 07:50 AM
Welcome to Nappturality!

morelyrical
11-12-2007, 01:35 PM
Welcome, welcome, welcome! :)

I say strip the weave and roq it all out--natural! Is there really a better way?! :winkiss:

(just make sure you moisturize & condition. you're hair and scalp will Love you for it!)