PDA

View Full Version : Chiloo Everyone!

DaBlackLady
11-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Hello, I am DaBlackLady. I've begun my transitioning phase since May of this year. I've constantly considered going napptural for quite some time but never had the motivation to do it until a realization that the amount of hair on my head kept shrinking due to constant breakage, no matter how much I cared for it. On top of that, since I'm away at college, it's harder for me to keep up on the bi-monthly perms. At this point in time, I am at 2 inches in nappy growth and is loving it. I haven't done a BC, but I plan on doing so probably next May, depending on the amount of growth I have.

I pray that with everyone's support and inspiration, I'll stick and continue on this journey. It's hard because I'm so used to permed hair, but I embrace natural hair as well.

knickld
11-05-2007, 05:00 AM
Hello, I am DaBlackLady. I've begun my transitioning phase since May of this year. I've constantly considered going napptural for quite some time but never had the motivation to do it until a realization that the amount of hair on my head kept shrinking due to constant breakage, no matter how much I cared for it. On top of that, since I'm away at college, it's harder for me to keep up on the bi-monthly perms. At this point in time, I am at 2 inches in nappy growth and is loving it. I haven't done a BC, but I plan on doing so probably next May, depending on the amount of growth I have.

I pray that with everyone's support and inspiration, I'll stick and continue on this journey. It's hard because I'm so used to permed hair, but I embrace natural hair as well.
[/b]
Welcome Sistah...I had re.laxed hair for over 21 years and have been nappy for 2 years this month... you can do it... the same way that a permie has good and bad hair days, some of us experience that as well... just take your time and check out Nappturality: the forums the picture albums of our members... we are here to help... Nappy=freedom from the lye and no-lye (re.laxers)....
Stay strong--I promise u that when u do chop the relax.er off you will be amazed with the TRUE beauty of your hair...again, welcome ^_^

natural06
11-12-2007, 04:11 AM
I hope your journey is a good one, welcome.