PDA

View Full Version : The Boondocks

SweetHoneyLocs
11-07-2007, 01:07 PM
Have you seen THE BOONDOCKS (http://www.watchboondocks.net/?cat=15), if not check them out now. If so enjoy them all over again.

http://www.watchboondocks.net/?cat=15

morelyrical
11-08-2007, 02:37 PM
Ooh, bless your heart!

Thanks, ya hear.

sexyblu82
11-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Is it me or is this season not as good as the first one? It seems like since we had to wait so long for new episodes they would be better than the first ones.

frau
11-10-2007, 03:37 PM
there is a white guy at my job that loves the boondocks.
he can (and does) quote the episodes word for word.
he gets on my freakin nerves!
it strikes me as racist when he repeats the phrases they use.
i've told him that i'm offended and he doesn't understand why. he thinks the show is funny and is only poking fun at blacks that are nothing at all like me.
why does it get under my skin when he tries to talk black and imitates all that he hears on the program?

Cheleigh
11-10-2007, 04:35 PM
there is a white guy at my job that loves the boondocks.
he can (and does) quote the episodes word for word.
he gets on my freakin nerves!
it strikes me as racist when he repeats the phrases they use.
i've told him that i'm offended and he doesn't understand why. he thinks the show is funny and is only poking fun at blacks that are nothing at all like me.
why does it get under my skin when he tries to talk black and imitates all that he hears on the program?
[/b]

I don't know either. It seems that it is satirical, and that we can't be upset when people repeat what they hear on public airwaves. Even two of the white characters are voiced by black men. I do like the show, but it is cringe-worthy sometimes, and I don't get upset when I hear other folks laughing at it/about it--I guess that's why it's on TV.

morelyrical
11-10-2007, 10:07 PM
i love, Love, love the Boondocks. and, although i probably relate most to Huey--in a 10-less-books-read-a-day kinda way--i just loooooove Riley. i find his raw taste to be a devine bittersweet that just leaves you desiring more. he represents a great majority of the people i respect for their Realness factor and there'll always be a place in my heart for that skinny @$$, ig'nant lil' boy. he's the bomb.

huey is all that there should be. the End.
may there be more beings likeminded as he to walk the earth in greater numbers in our future...
for the sake of the children, at least.
shooot, for the sake of our Now.

lol.

ahh, man...bless the Boonies!

SweetHoneyLocs
11-12-2007, 07:20 AM
Is it me or is this season not as good as the first one? It seems like since we had to wait so long for new episodes they would be better than the first ones.
[/b]

I am an avid Boondocks fan, but I have to agree with you here. On the other site I frequent, and we talk about the show. I have said this repeatedly. In fact out the 5 episodes that have aired so far only two of them have shown and resemblance to the old format. Those shows are The Return of Stinkmeaner and Thugnificent.

frau, I can't blame you for saying it gets on your nerves. I would see that guy as a racist as well, he is using the show as an excuse to say the things he can not say in this PC world. But who is the blame?

mydestiny
11-17-2007, 08:03 AM
I have to agree that Season 2 doesn't seem like it is as good as last season. You would think that with all the wait, it would've been better. But I do like the Stinkmeaner and Thugnificient episodes- so far those have been the best.

Maybe it will get better as time goes by- at least I hope so.

luna69
11-20-2007, 07:36 AM
:lol: Uncle Ruckus - i love it!

Thugnificent-and them magnificient puffs!

Huge fan! :wub:

jaycee
11-20-2007, 05:10 PM
That whole Thugnificent episode was hilarious. *singing* "you just mad cause yo a55 is old" :lol: I was glad they brought Gangstalicious back. Love The Boondocks.

winter1820
11-20-2007, 11:52 PM
this show is like-namean-like great and stuff-namean-like aaron doin his thug thizzle-namean-he on top his game wit riley and huey and unkle ruckus a nem like-namean-

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mscarmelc
11-29-2007, 10:29 AM
I love the Boondocks! It gives a portrait of how the black community behaves to the third power. The satire is amazing while the topics are sooo real! The one where grandad met that "crazy" woman on myspace was the best this season :lol: :lol: me and my bf were watching. Me laughing hysterically and him silent shaking his head!....is it bad that I was on the woman's side??? :)

LilShortRib
12-01-2007, 09:22 PM
I love the Boondocks and I think this season is just as good as last season, it just seems to be going in a different direction - not a bad direction - just a different one.

The only thing unfortunate about The Boondocks is that the people who 'get it' don't need to understand the message because they already know what's up, and the folks who do need to 'get it' just look at it as being a funny cartoon and nothing more - they won't ever understand that the cartoon is actually created to deliver a deep message...

frau
12-02-2007, 11:39 AM
this show is starting to become like jerry springer imo.
i don't see any message just antics.

GalaxyGirl2012
12-02-2007, 12:38 PM
i'm still laughing over :

i will not demean myself by putting butter on my own popcorn :lol:

the attack of the killer kung fu wolf b**ch episode was a little weird. possibly a little misogynist? i can't decide just yet.

also theis season seems to be much more riley focused, so i can see how that would make for some differences

EmpressRi
12-04-2007, 10:42 AM
I love the Boondocks and I think this season is just as good as last season, it just seems to be going in a different direction - not a bad direction - just a different one.

The only thing unfortunate about The Boondocks is that the people who 'get it' don't need to understand the message because they already know what's up, and the folks who do need to 'get it' just look at it as being a funny cartoon and nothing more - they won't ever understand that the cartoon is actually created to deliver a deep message...
[/b]

AMEN!!!! i learned a lot of things that i didnt know before